External disappears in cockpit (vis. track issue?)

fl0w

Hello, all.

Whenever I am inside of the cockpit of my mod, my external model seems to disappear until I turn my head roughly 90 degrees cw/ccw in either direction, where it then re-appears. The issue is shown here like so:

Roughly 90 degrees

Screen_190308_170122.png

< 90 degrees inward

Screen_190308_170124.png

I have checked my argument number 114 (visibility track) for any issues and there does not seem to be any. I also attempted to make my materials in 3DS Max 2-sided, but alas no success. This is how my models are set up for visibility track:

External model

1AVW1zR.png

Cockpit model

zL7U8Wd.png

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please tell me! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :D

Hi Sirius, do you see the same issue rotating the view in Model Viewer?

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi Sirius, do you see the same issue rotating the view in Model Viewer?

Yes, I do. Upon investigating it in modelviewer2, I found it had appeared when rotating at a certain amount of zoom or when my camera was close to the cockpit area.

Still needing dire help! :helpsmilie:

This is how it appears in modelviewer2. The external model disappears when zoomed in too far or at the front too much with head/camera movement occuring. This also happens for F4 view and (sometimes) F2.

pAe5DQeab9.gif

Have you checked for back-face culling option enabled? If you have the same behavior in Moddlviewer is surely a 3d problem.

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Have you checked for back-face culling option enabled? If you have the same behavior in Moddlviewer is surely a 3d problem.

Hi. I have checked, and the object properties of Back-face Culling was not enabled at all. I have attempted enabling it and disabling it with some tests, and the issue still remains.

Last 2 things to try: apply a normal modifer, check Unify, convert to editable poly and export edm.

If still doesn't work check reapply Normal Modifier, and check Flip normals, convert to edtiable poly and export edm.

Make Material 2 Sided.

The materials had already been tested for 2 sided materials. Sadly, this does not work.

Last 2 things to try: apply a normal modifer, check Unify, convert to editable poly and export edm.

If still doesn't work check reapply Normal Modifier, and check Flip normals, convert to edtiable poly and export edm.

I have tried both of these, and sadly neither of these work either. I wonder if I will have to re-make the external model animations all over again... :(

Its either a Material Setting (Check Normals and Specular), or a Stray Vertice intersecting tue camera triggering the Clipping.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Checked and investigated further. Backface culling was not the issue. The materials are also correctly set and always have been. There are no stray vertices or faces floating around in the model.

Upon messing with the AI of it, I noticed that the custom category armament it is (ie. fuel tanks) do not disappear and is only linked to the external model itself.

Check Parent and Children Meshes linking and check inheret visibility.

Meshes could be linked to an item/parent mesh that changes invisibiloty depending on angle.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I tried changing views from Orthographic to Perspective and seeing if the issue also lied in the viewport. As far as I have messed with it, it does not. I also attempted checking the properties of the major parent (which is the fuselage in this case, everything is linked to it and falls under vice versa respective mesh parts) to see if there were visibility changes, which there were not.

Ortho mode has Clipping Enabled.

Outside of Continued "Check this", it may be quicker to send the model to a more experienced 3D artist to directly inspect it. (Im not available)

Edited by SkateZilla

Ortho mode has Clipping Enabled.

Outside of Continued "Check this", it may be quicker to send the model to a more experienced 3D artist to directly inspect it. (Im not available)

I will likely give it to a person if symptoms continue to point to the direction. The last note I can make is that the model is crooked in the rearming camera viewport.

Screen_190405_161529.png