Happy New Year Eagle!

Pikey

I thought I'd stop by to say thanks from the customer perspective.

It's been many years that I've enjoyed DCS. As a hobby it's a consuming activity.

Over the years, I've been drawn into the depth of DCS. I've studied the readable code, made little mods, learned to script lua, created amazing scenarios, been part of a few organisations, made my own, worked on time consuming projects that use every part of the application right to it's max and always see new ways to test the boundaries.

I've learned every module, then forgotten them and learned different ones, then gone back to the ones I'd forgotten, rotating through the depth of each one over months, like seasons. I can try out a module I haven't tried for a while and always see new things. DCS is still fresh, it's a bottomless bottle of beer.

We've had our bad times of course, and our frustrations. I've never accepted any imperfection, but I have understood them, complexity comes at a price, we all have our own wants and needs, and going over every rivet in the game is not possible. It doesn't mean I will stop asking, but I have seen the complexity and come to understand it.

DCS is an amazing piece of software. Just last night I was running a night mission for so long with my friends, that dusk came, and we had one of those beautiful moments sitting in VR, starting up with a torch, watching the sun set over the ocean, dialling up the cockpit lights and absorbing the lighting effects. I had a beer at this point and I will admit, a couple of times I just sat back and stopped the startup to chill.

As night fell later, we were over the black ocean being engaged by Iranian F-5's and I was fully in NVG mode in the fight with the JHCMS. When I released the 9X, the explosion of light as it left the rails was blinding and I got another brand new "oh wow" moment. I forgot this was software completely.

Then after I changed to the Harrier for some full night time action I was designating the IR marker on targets over Abu Musa for Hornets to do gun runs on. The audience was enthralled with glowing and blinding tracer whilst running in on the infra red marker.

"End of year pyrotechnics" from ED, thank you for the show. As always, I look forward to all the things you are doing in the future. The future is always bright with ED, even when it's pitch dark outside, you give it pyrotechnics! Looking forward to 2019 and trying not to wish my life away at the same time :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Very well put, and i agree.

Additional i want to also say thank you to ED, all the third parties, and to the community members that put in so much work to make DCS such an amazing sim and that make the community so great... Demanding and with very high standards.. but great

Goodbye 2018, I look forward to whats in store for 2019.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Very well said. Thanks for keeping me entertained for the last 14 years, looking forward to many more, Happy 2019 :D

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha