Allow the option to have player slots as static aircraft until filled

Greekbull

With the new wonderful world of Carrier Aviation upon us in DCS and the new challenge of limited deck space to deal with(especially if your flying with a virtual squadron). Can we get an option to have multiplayer slots shown as static aircraft in unoccupied slots? It would be really nice for multiplayer servers that will have the Carrier with nice Hornets and eventually Tomcats parked wings folded just for immersion. And with many of us flying in large virtual squadrons it will be the only way to enjoy that environment without giving up precious parking spaces on the deck that we need for our squadmates...

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Great idea. This would work well for both immersion and as an indicator of unused MP slots to those players already in-game.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

I'm all for it. It would allow for airfields and carriers to feel more alive, and not so empty. Added bonus would be that AI aircraft would not take spawn parking locations when they shut down.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Greek, the man with a plan.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

That is one great idea! It helps with many issues, as mentioned - more immersion with parked aircraft, prevents AI from parking in an MP slot, prevents human piloted aircraft from parking in an MP slot, provides an automatic set of static aircraft without the mission editor needing to worry about it.

Just one more suggestion - since some airfields have many parking spots (and potential spawn points), besides having an on/off toggle for this option, a second option for how many MP slots to populate might be a good idea (i.e. otherwise you may have literally dozens or 100+ parked aircraft, which might be a bit much for clients to have to download, just a thought). A third option of course would be aircraft type(s) (edit: or not, I guess the aircraft to be spawned would be the type, doh! :) ).

Edited by 609_Relentov

Yup, definitely ! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset