[DCS BUG] Sliding & Crashing In Multiplayer Multicrew

We've been experiencing this problem pretty much continuously. The jet is mostly stable although you get sliding with one person in the pit but as soon as someone jumps into the RIO seat you get this happening. Doesn't matter on a mission with scripts or just a bare bones mission. We've also tested on both of our servers and same problem exists. I have the ACMI file but do not have a track file because the size is way too large from a couple hours of flying. This happened right from the get go though.

Will be happy to provide you with whatever you need from either the server logs or anything you suggest. One other person that we fly with has other potentially helpful info too. I can place the ACMI file on our server and link since it's too large to attach here. Just let me know what you need.

Edited by IronMike

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have experienced this both as Pilot and RIO (I was the Tomcat pilot in the video). This was a sandbox mission with minimal scripting in order to keep everything as simple as possible, and both pilot and RIO were physically in the state of Virginia (i.e. minimal chance of geographical lag). We have consistently experienced these issues, along with massive desynchronization, with multiple pilot/RIO combinations on multiple servers and missions across multiple versions of DCS.

Here are links to my TacView and Track of the flight. Note that things look a bit different from my perspective.

Hi guys, this issue is known and unfortunately not on our side. From my very limited understanding, it has to do with how the position of the aircraft is updated for each player and in between them, which results in this kind of rubber banding, or if you will discrepancy in the position of the aircraft for the pilot and the position of the aircraft for the RIO (the higher the ping, the bigger will be the rubber banding). Once airborne, this behavior should disappear completely.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey IronMike, I appreciate the response from you. ED really needs to get on figuring out how to overcome this problem. You can't prevent people from getting into the Tomcat in MP if they want to and then when they do, well you see the results. But just so you know, this problem isn't just a problem on the carrier deck. When you have people in the Tomcat and they are flying around and just doing things like firing off Phoenix's, you see warping in the other units. I've seen the Tacview files when this happens and I can dig them up if you want them. So there are problems associated with having two clients in the same bird that are causing desync issues all over the place and not just in one specific area. But if they are just flying around, yeah, it's not really an issue.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey IronMike, I appreciate the response from you. ED really needs to get on figuring out how to overcome this problem. You can't prevent people from getting into the Tomcat in MP if they want to and then when they do, well you see the results. But just so you know, this problem isn't just a problem on the carrier deck. When you have people in the Tomcat and they are flying around and just doing things like firing off Phoenix's, you see warping in the other units. I've seen the Tacview files when this happens and I can dig them up if you want them. So there are problems associated with having two clients in the same bird that are causing desync issues all over the place and not just in one specific area. But if they are just flying around, yeah, it's not really an issue.

I hear you. Ironing out multicrew surely takes its time though and at some point I am sure ED will be able to improve its stability online.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

not trying to be an armchair developer, I'm just frustrated by the back and forth on this one. I've seen this brought up to ED and they say its an HB issue, then you guys say its an ED issue. I don't care whos issue it is it just needs to be fixed so we can fly mp on a freaking carrier without killing each other

If I am not mistaken it is an issue connected to Multicrew, which is not entirely in our hands, I am not saying that is not at all on our side, too. That you do not get this in the Hornet, is simply because you have no second player in your aircraft and the position does not need to be updated and matched between the two. But you can experience similar rubber banding in other multicrew aircraft.

Please do not get me wrong, we are not trying to point fingers, not at all. But it is definitely something that we cannot solve entirely on our own and since we are working with ED together on several issues, I hope we will be able to tackle this one soon, too.

Heatblur Simulations

• 3 weeks later...
We see this behavior regardless of whether there is a guy in the RIO's seat or not, so is it because there is a vacancy (slot) there that could be filled?

That would probably make sense. Because of the varying degrees of player latency, maybe having the seat 'flagged' as being able to be occupied causes it to suffer from the varying latency of those connected who 'could' access the seat, just in case someone wants to jump in.

Maybe it's possible to have it act as a single occupant entity only until someone does enter the RIO position?

That would probably make sense. Because of the varying degrees of player latency, maybe having the seat 'flagged' as being able to be occupied causes it to suffer from the varying latency of those connected who 'could' access the seat, just in case someone wants to jump in.

Maybe it's possible to have it act as a single occupant entity only until someone does enter the RIO position?

No, I don't think that is possible.

Heatblur Simulations

The Tomcat doesn't slide when it is locked onto the catapult AFAIK. So mybe a fix (or workaround) for this issue might be if HB would give us wheel chocks to lock the aircraft on a fixed position onto the carrier, just like it is when on the catapult? I'm not sure though if wheel chocks can achieve the same effect.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is frustrating for me to keep seeing these threads, i cant imagine what Heatblur think. This is a DCS issue and IS NOT limited to the F14. All airframes slide to some extent on the decks. MP just exaggerates the issue... As does increased pitch/roll on the deck or maneuvering at any kind of speed. Admittedly like IronMike has said, its definitley effecting the F14 more because of the multicrew.

This has been reported numerous times and confirmed as a DCS problem, evidence, tracks, screenshos and detailed information have all been provided mutiple time to ED. The forum threads are tagged as "reported" then locked and vanish into the forums back pages and archive.

All those saying its something HB need to fix, please go and test situations with other airframes. Dont just put a static ship down with no weather, try different speeds, the ship turning, increases pitch/roll from sea state. Then see the difference when doing things like starting engines, see how you "unstick" from the deck and begin the slide. Easiest way is to get weapons and fuel added and removed during these scenarios. Whatever system ED have working right now is not uniform over modules, some do indeed stick to the deck better. But this is an underlying issue and has been for a long time.

Edited by Shadow.D.

This is frustrating for me to keep seeing these threads, i cant imagine what Heatblur think. This is a DCS issue and IS NOT limited to the F14. All airframes slide to some extent on the decks. MP just exaggerates the issue... As does increased pitch/roll on the deck or maneuvering at any kind of speed. Admittedly like IronMike has said, its definitley effecting the F14 more because of the multicrew.

This has been reported numerous times and confirmed as a DCS problem, evidence, tracks, screenshos and detailed information have all been provided mutiple time to ED. The forum threads are tagged as "reported" then locked and vanish into the forums back pages and archive.

All those saying its something HB need to fix, please go and test situations with other airframes. Dont just put a static ship down with no weather, try different speeds, the ship turning, increases pitch/roll from sea state. Then see the difference when doing things like starting engines, see how you "unstick" from the deck and begin the slide. Easiest way is to get weapons and fuel added and removed during these scenarios. Whatever system ED have working right now is not uniform over modules, some do indeed stick to the deck better. But this is an underlying issue and has been for a long time.

I am equally frustrated... Bring it up to ED though and they say its a HB issue... bring it up to HB and its a ED issue.... Its just one of those things that we will have to live with I guess.

It cannot be our issue, simply put. Nothing in our code is responsible to define or avoid this kind of behavior, we just checked again. If you see ED saying that it is our issue, please point me in the right direction, so we can address it. Thank you.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations