TACVIEW Not Recording

lennycutler

I have re-installed Tacview, and confirmed it works well in DCS 1.5.7 and DCS 2.1...but nothing in 1.5.7.

I copied over the saved game files...but no impact.

Must be something I didn't do right?....I also notice that in the Special Options....under the TAB for Tacview in the Beta....I have no details ...to check off...the page is blank.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Same here

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

I would guess this is due to the change with GameGui loading and hooks.

Try creating a folder called hooks in saved games/dcs/scripts and copy the TacView GameGui (not export, just gameGUI) in.

I'll test more tonight for a proper fix

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

news? I have the same issue with daws.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 3 weeks later...

Fix for DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0

DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0 have changed the way some LUA addons are working. This is why telemetry export does not work well with these versions. Here is how to fix the issue while waiting for the fix in Tacview 1.7.0:

Go in the \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\ folder which correspond to your edition of DCS World

Create a subfolder \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

Move \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\TacviewGameGUI.lua in \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

This fix will be integrated in Tacview 1.7.0

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have seen that fix in various places but sorry it does not work for me. 1.6.4 for tacview and both DCS up to date as per Dec 31st.

Strange .. it does work for me, both on DCS 1.5.8 and 2.2 .. I initially had the same problem as you, and then applied this fix (that I gathered from Tacview's Forum) and it just worked.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have seen that fix in various places but sorry it does not work for me. 1.6.4 for tacview and both DCS up to date as per Dec 31st.

Same here, I tried this already without success.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 2 weeks later...
Fix for DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0

DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0 have changed the way some LUA addons are working. This is why telemetry export does not work well with these versions. Here is how to fix the issue while waiting for the fix in Tacview 1.7.0:

Go in the \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\ folder which correspond to your edition of DCS World

Create a subfolder \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

Move \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\TacviewGameGUI.lua in \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

This fix will be integrated in Tacview 1.7.0

That did the trick for me, using 2.2. Thanks! :thumbup:

• 9 months later...
That did the trick for me, using 2.2. Thanks! :thumbup:

I'm using Tacview version 1.7.4 and DCS version 2.5 beta and Tacview hasn't recorded for me since I reinstalled it back in November. TacviewGameGUI.lua is in a folder called hooks in the Scripts directory as above but I still get a 1KB sized file every time. I've verified that Tacview is installed correctly. Anyone else have this problem in 2.5?

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

Tacview 1 74 DCS 2.5 (whatever latest is)

Yes, same difficulty. Getting 1KB files.

Left pane shows Start recording at 000000\next line reads stopped at ooooo

Keeps wanting to show bullseye, nothing but bullseye

Single or multi player?

On multiplayer server must allow export or you'll get an empty .acmi file.

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

• 2 weeks later...
No, doesn't work.

It matters not to me if it is Tacview or DCS that's

responsible for it not working, I just hate paying money for something

that is promoted as being able to do something, only to find it does NOTHING.

I understand the frustration , but cypc's post indicates it is neither a DCS problem , nor a Tacview problem , but an individual server policy . If the problem is only in mp , find another server . If you have the problem in all servers or sp , you can post in the Tacview thread , and get help resolving the problem . The complexities of individual pc's , and the potential for operator error , make "plug and play" a lot less common than we would all prefer .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

anyone find a solution for this ? MP or Single player the files are ACMI files 1kb...

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Found a fix for the bug I am seeing..

1:- Shutdown DCS and open your dcs.log. Located somewhere like this.. C:\Users\yourpcname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dcs.log

2:- Search for any errors that are related to loading a *.lau script. e.g. EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\yourpcname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open 'C:\Users\yourpcname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport.lua'

3:- Comment out that script line in the lau file, as it is not running away ... mine was in the export.lua file. e.g --dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')

4:- restart DCS and all was working again.

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals