Space Bar Not Working - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #21
Modano1st

Default Tutorial space bar

I just jumped into the A-10c training startup video and the training will not continue as it is not noticing that I am pushing the space bar to continue. This is getting frustrating. This is the second module that I have purchased that I can not get through the startup training because of a bug (software issue), the Huey being the other. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Last edited by Modano1st; 02-23-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Modano1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #22
Bluethornton

I have the same issue on the maverick training mission, as well as your post!
Bluethornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #23
intx

I had the same problem with running the A-10C startup training mission running on v2.5.4.27430 of DCS world. Based on an earlier post in this thread, I was about to re-map the gun to LCtrl+Space instead of Space. When I got into DCS World, I noticed that my gun wasn't mapped to any key so I mapped my Gun to Space. I went into the start-up training mission and the space bar was working.

I don't know if this will fix anyone else's issue with A-10C training missions and spacebar but you may want to try it if the gun isn't mapped to spacebar.
intx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #24
Supmua

OK I figured this out, just happened to run through the tutorials again to refresh my memory and of course nothing worked. In the startup training mission, it was looking for 2nd trigger button (command 554) instead of SPACEBAR. You can change this yourself in mission editor by using START WAIT USER RESPONSE instead of X : START LISTEN COMMAND (make sure to set the correct FLAG number), or just squeeze the trigger button instead of SPACEBAR.

If the trainer's sound is cutoff too quickly, you can also prevent this by specifying delay 1-2 sec on the next sound file.

A-10C is such an important module and I consider the A-10 training missions (of the old) the gold standard, I'm going to start going through every mission one by one and fix whatever I could.

EDIT: Ok pretty much all missions except one or two are broken. Just use the joystick trigger button instead of spacebar or manually change everything that says X: START LISTEN COMMAND 554 to START WAIT USER RESPONSE in the mission editor, and it'll work (do not change other commands, only the one with 554). I think that if your Trigger2 is mapped to Spacebar, it'll also work (mine isn't).
Throttles: TMWx2
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.

Last edited by Supmua; 05-20-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:43 PM   #25
daarseth

I also encountered an issue during a training mission for the CCIP / unguided bombs in the A10C last night. Got to waypoint 2 and the space bar input wasn't being recognized by the tutorial. Thankfully was just trying to refresh after some time out of the cockpit.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:42 AM   #26
Steve Gee

The new default seems to be Left Shift + Space. Once I replaced the Trigger with that, everything's working fine.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #27
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

This problem should be a thing of the past very soon.

From today's OpenBeta changelog for the A-10C:

Quote:
DCS A-10C
  • Corrected training missions. For mission progress the trigger wait for specified command (gun trigger 2nd position), so if user have re-assigned Space key, training mission will stuck. This action replaced with "Start Wait User Response"/"Stop Wait User Response" pair for all such cases.
Probably only a week or two until this also gets pushed to the stable version of DCS.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #28
Steve Gee

Guess that's not bad for a problem first reported in this thread on Halloween 2017.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #29
Divadov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gee View Post
The new default seems to be Left Shift + Space. Once I replaced the Trigger with that, everything's working fine.
Thanks, works for me!!!

I'm not playing , I'm learning to fly airplanes!!!
Divadov is offline   Reply With Quote