DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM - Page 61 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #601
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer
 
OverStratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halowraith1 View Post
well... i just wanted to say that while i like the MiG-19, i feel it's still pretty lacking in the cockpit. i don't want the Flogger to come out the same.

Hello halowraith1,


What do you feel is still lacking in the cockpit? Could you expand on this?


Thanks
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #602
Kev2go
Senior Member
 
Kev2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Кош View Post
Its still green, let it hang on its tree a little more. Flight - maneuverability, acceleration, top speed and contact to carrier/ground dynamics, Phoenix guidance and energy loss(or lack of). Its progressing, but I don't want to use MiG-21, Viggen and F-14 as examples of top DCS Modules. ED/BST are still unrivaled.
disagree, HB basically rivials ED/BST. F14 is easily the most top notch 3rd party module to date. and they released it basically fully complete * cough cough EA fad Cough cough*, even if it still somewhat fresh.

If anyhing Id say the F18 is far more green than the F14 in its current, state, heck its not even fully complete. Even where things are complete the F18 FM has been disputed to be off in certain angles of flight.
__________________





Build:


Spoiler:


Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD


Last edited by Kev2go; 07-17-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Kev2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #603
Harlikwin
Veteran
 
Harlikwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
disagree, HB basically rivials ED/BST. F14 is easily the most top notch 3rd party module to date. and they released it basically fully complete * cough cough EA fad Cough cough*, even if it still somewhat fresh.

If anyhing Id say the F18 is far more green than the F14 in its current, state, heck its not even fully complete. Even where things are complete the F18 FM has been disputed to be off in certain angles of flight.
Yup I agree. The main thing the F14 needs is more work on JesterAI and fixing the various phoenix issues. And I really like the F18, but its still missing a fair amount of core functionality.
__________________
New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)
Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).
Harlikwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #604
Кош
Member
 
Кош's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Киев
Posts: 320
Default

Anyway, my expectation for the MiG-23 is correspondence to real charts flight performance vise, and being able to use real manuals for the systems and weapons employment.
Wishlist for the devs: a series of pre-release videos proving flight dynamics and systems with side-by-side comparison to real docs(you already have shown a flight dynamics analysis tool in the MiG-19P flight performance discussion and improvement process), optional cockpit wear like with the MiG-19P, and a period soundtrack)) And I'll pay full price for Angola map.
__________________
i5-2500k@3,4GHz/8GB 1866/1920x1200'24/VPC T-50 Saitek X-52 throttle Saitek combat rudder
Кош is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #605
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer
 
OverStratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Кош View Post
Anyway, my expectation for the MiG-23 is correspondence to real charts flight performance vise, and being able to use real manuals for the systems and weapons employment.
Wishlist for the devs: a series of pre-release videos proving flight dynamics and systems with side-by-side comparison to real docs(you already have shown a flight dynamics analysis tool in the MiG-19P flight performance discussion and improvement process), optional cockpit wear like with the MiG-19P, and a period soundtrack)) And I'll pay full price for Angola map.

mmm... a man of culture
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #606
Кош
Member
 
Кош's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Киев
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverStratos View Post
mmm... a man of culture
https://youtu.be/Jg8Qyx_og5U?t=988 this is priceless
__________________
i5-2500k@3,4GHz/8GB 1866/1920x1200'24/VPC T-50 Saitek X-52 throttle Saitek combat rudder
Кош is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #607
Sarpalaxan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverStratos View Post
Hello halowraith1,


What do you feel is still lacking in the cockpit? Could you expand on this?


Thanks
Maybe he's talking about the buttons that you can't really bind to a Hotas yet. ARK Frequency dial, Wingspan, Target Distance and dive angle selector, Gunsight uncage and so on.

Otherwhise the Module is really good.
Sarpalaxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #608
Rudel_chw
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Antofagasta, Chile
Posts: 4,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpalaxan View Post
Maybe he's talking about the buttons that you can't really bind to a Hotas yet. ARK Frequency dial, Wingspan, Target Distance and dive angle selector, Gunsight uncage and so on.
+1 .. I really liked the -19, but being unable to properly setup my hotas was a big letdown, so much so that I stopped editing missions with it and stored her on the hangar
__________________
For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
For Gaming: 27" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - MSI GTX970 - SSD 480 GB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 8.1 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 128 GB
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #609
AeriaGloria
Member
 
AeriaGloria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: LA
Posts: 745
Default

Cage/toggle does work as a HOTAS button for me. Sorry to be off topic
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #610
Rudel_chw
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Antofagasta, Chile
Posts: 4,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
Cage/toggle does work as a HOTAS button for me.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242058


https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242229
__________________
For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
For Gaming: 27" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - MSI GTX970 - SSD 480 GB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 8.1 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 128 GB
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.