Su-27 / Su-33: No Radar when inverted below 1500m - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #41
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
IRL, EOS works in conjunction if 'Automatic' (interleaved) mode is used, but not in encounter or pursuit modes
Out of curiosity, can you cite your source for this info. I can't find any such distinction in my source material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100KIAP_Falcon View Post
Yeah, from ILV/ABT will relock. But from HI/ППС will not. (Not sure if that is correct)
Given what we've been talking about and Weta43's statements, I took your reply at face value and didn't investigate. Turns out that the two systems interact in the same manner as they do in the video (that I linked a few replys back) whether using the Auto, Front Aspect (HPRF), or Rear Aspect (MPRF) settings.

@wasserfall, If you're not having any luck, PM me. The links I used to come up with through Google are now dead links.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #42
BlackPixxel

Can anyone with a real Su-27 or MiG-29 manual confirm the complete loss of radar function when rolling more than 120° at lower altitutes?

To me it seems that such a significant restriction would have to be mentioned in the manual.
BlackPixxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #43
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPixxel View Post
Can anyone with a real Su-27 or MiG-29 manual confirm the complete loss of radar function when rolling more than 120° at lower altitutes?

To me it seems that such a significant restriction would have to be mentioned in the manual.
I haven’t run across it so far in the Su-27 manual I have. It addresses false returns at low altitude, etc. but I haven’t seen anything on loss of function during a roll. Then again, that’s not to say it isn’t covered in a different manual.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:35 AM   #44
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
Out of curiosity, can you cite your source for this info. I can't find any such distinction in my source material.

A copy of this I saved years ago before the site went down.
Archive:
http://archive.is/GFS1
Old 07-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #45
GGTharos
Veteran

You will have to ask ED directly. The devs have access to resources/knowledge about these particular aircraft and systems that we do not and will not have for a long time.

I don't believe anyone else on the forums can directly answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPixxel View Post

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote