More Iranian units + statics please - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 AM   #11
Ironwulf

Very good point. I've gotten around it with some mod skins for aircraft, but really these should be standard!
Ironwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:29 AM   #12
carss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwulf View Post
Not sure if this goes in the map wishlist or the DCS World wishlist, but I put it here on a guess.

I cannot believe there's no Iranian Shilkas (they have 100+)… almost no naval craft. Please make sure they are included with SA-5 units.

You cannot even get an Iranian fuel truck!!!!!

As for statics... nuclear reactors seem an obvious omission

Can you please rectify this?

PS: Some UAE F-16 skins would be nice too, please!
Bruh we need some Iranian exotics for AIs too, like the worlds only operational 747 tanker, and KC-707s too! We could also do with some HESA Shaqeh units

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #13
Dun_Aenghus

There is a huge amount of stuff for the Persian Gulf that needs to be added and which can be added fairly easily. We need Iranian stock skins for the SU-24, IL-76 and Huey. We also need RSAF and UAE skins for F-15s and F-16s. I believe some members of the community already made some great IRIAF skins which ED could add. Also would be nice to get the prior mentioned ships and some more ground units like the Chieftain. The US Bradleys and Abrams could also do with some desert camo.

That would all help with the immersion factor. Same with comms. Would love to hear some Farsi or accented English over the radio. Would be a welcome change to the standard English "Chevy 1, request taxi to runway". I fondly remember the Saudi AWACS calls and allied F-5 flights back in Jane's F-15 that spoke over the radio with an immersive accent.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #14
Ironwulf

Agreed on all of your points Nealius.

With regard to ATC , I believe Wags has said that with the new ATC, which is coming after carrier comms, they are looking at more country-specific ATC voice work.

It’d be great if they leveraged their own world wide community and used volunteer contributors from this forum as voice actors, both for ATC and pilot voices. I remember in Falcon 4 you could not only select your own pilot voice but there were a variety of ATC and AI pilot voices, both male and female.
Ironwulf is offline   Reply With Quote