T50CM Throttle is awesomeness - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #21
Brixmis

Hi Cypher - I really like the new configurator software - thanks for doing that!

All I have to do now is remember to change the profile - I have a terrible memory these days.

It's a shame there needs to be a third virtual device with the single input - but if it's the price for having seperate devices, I can live with it. The best thing was, after making the firmware updates (for CM throttle and CM2 stick) and making the 3 device profile for the throttle, I could then go back to my single device profile and keep all my assignments for DCS World and IL-2 that I had made prior to the updates.

Nice work.

DCSW Pictorial Guides
Brixmis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #22
Brixmis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Delorean View Post
1. As far as i know, Virpil doesn't name it T50CM2, users gave it that name...
That's not quite right - the designation does come from Virpil - look in the store and you will see (and especially in the configurator software - it's the only way you can tell it exactly which device model you have).

The throttle is currently designated T50CM and the latest stick is T50CM2

DCSW Pictorial Guides
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #23
Alec Delorean

Yep, i meant the throttle only.
Alec Delorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #24
mdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jockey View Post
Thank you.

Yes it is somewhat confusing for me, as besides de 90 days period they also mention a 2 week one.
(So I didn't quite understood what is what.)

How much time did it took for you from payment to shipment ?
I'd not count or anything below 2-3 months of wait (from my own experience). They are unable/don't want to keep stock and it's pretty obvious that they finance the production from pre-order money.

They are currently around 4 months backlogged on CM2 throttle. As nice as Cypher is, their sales service remains horrible.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-07-10 205346.png
Views:	256
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	213558  
mdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #25
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdee View Post
I'd not count or anything below 2-3 months of wait (from my own experience). They are unable/don't want to keep stock and it's pretty obvious that they finance the production from pre-order money.

They are currently around 4 months backlogged on CM2 throttle. As nice as Cypher is, their sales service remains horrible.

Hi mdee, I'd like to offer some clarification on this!

So a large number of pre-orders placed in March were dispatched ahead of the 90 day time frame estimate. The pre-orders from March that haven't been sent were waiting on unreleased products (the new VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base unit) or throttle pre-orders which were upgraded for free to the new VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle which is also a newly released product. These items are now in active production at the factory and will be included in our scheduled restock shipment. Pre-order shipping notifications are being sent out as we speak!

Pre-orders that have been placed in the last pre-order period (21st June to 8th July) will be prioritised as confirmed on the pre-order announcement. If your pre-order only includes released items (everything except the V.F.X Grip or our new Rudder Pedals), again these will be dispatched significantly ahead of the 90 day time frame as we receive stock shipments from our factory roughly every 2 weeks. We're currently looking to be able to start dispatching new pre-orders out this month

Pre-orders that include unreleased items (V.F.X Grip or our new Rudder Pedals) are estimated to be dispatched within 90 days.

We absolutely do keep stock in our store, and with recent increases in production capacity this year many items have maintained constant stock availability between restocks even in light of high demand! Of course with brand new, recently released items demand is even higher. We work as fast as we can to keep up!

We hadn't been offering pre-orders for a long time, but the option was brought back after significant demand from the community. I hope this clears up any confusion!

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #26
mdee

Thanks Cypher. I'll report back if I get CM2 Throttle on my desk in less than a month from now
mdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #27
Brixmis

Well this topic has wandered quite a way from it's subject, but I'd like to get it back on track by saying that I am thoroughly enjoying my CM throttle and the more I get used to it's large array of inputs, the more I enjoy it.

Especially now that I have it mounted in the ideal position for comfort as well.

There are a couple of minor things that disturb me when using the CM2 stick, but I can live with them- and this thread is about the throttle, anyway, so...

DCSW Pictorial Guides
Old 07-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #28
Alec Delorean

Can't wait. That's exactly the reason why i ordered it, for VR i need buttons, buttons, buttons and switches, switches, switches...
Old 07-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #29
Brixmis

I'm sure you'll be encouraged to hear that I actually run out of assignments long before I run out of inputs with the HOTAS. The first time this has been the case.

DCSW Pictorial Guides
Old 07-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #30
Alec Delorean

Perfect!