Panels hard to read! - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #141
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2097 View Post
I really can't understand that this is such a big problem for so many?
Please tell me specific, what labels can't be read so that I can also understand it? I would like to understand you, so please help me with that.
What switches makes you a problem during learning or daily useage? The only not readable one that I know is the RWR (or Radio2?) volume in the pilit pit.
Of course, except bugs and WIP items...

You've gotten the answers multiple times.

And it may not be a switch label, but the drumroll in the altimeter is almost impossible to read in VR and just barely legibe on a screen with full zoom. Not knowing your altitude is a factor, believe me. I still don't get why Grumman and some other companies chose that crappy altimeter back in time instead of the classic one that has 2 fingers and a hand which is easy to read even without actually having to read. Again, a catastropjic design choice if you ask me. But the problem gets intensified by the fact that DCS is unable to render proper cockpit lighting as it's always way too dark in any DCS pit. 50 Shades Of Black. Especially since the Deferred Shading force... I don't even wanna know how this would look on my old CRT which was at least able to display colours truely which no flat screen can do even today. And I've cranked my Gamma to 2.8 already, it's almost firewalled.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #142
viper2097

Because I would like to understand it, as there are no labels I can't read (except one, WIP's and bugs). And I still think that a "factory new cockpit" is not a solution when you complain because the real problem ist that you are not (yet) familiar with the cockpit.
Yes, altimeter is hard to read, but that is not worn, or?

Last edited by viper2097; 07-13-2019 at 03:43 PM.
viper2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #143
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2097 View Post
Because I would like to understand it, as there are no labels I can't read (except one, WIP's and bugs). And I still think that a "factory new cockpit" is not a solution when you complain because the real problem ist that you are not (yet) familiar with the cockpit.
Yes, altimeter is hard to read, but that is not worn, or?
How about the radio and other labels on the lefthand console, the light test panel on the back righthand console, the caution light panel.
You will get a glimpse of the issue when you install Japo and Brickdust mods to see what a difference they are from original HB cockpit. This would reveal what a factory new cockpit would look like.

I fly VR and those back panel are literally worn out and unreadable. Yes the light test is not used during normal flight but the radios are a must have. Interestingly, altimeter and altitude gauages are readable in VR.

Last edited by Eaglewings; 07-13-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #144
Minsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
How about the radio and other labels on the lefthand console, the light test panel on the back righthand console, the caution light panel.
Dude, don't waste your time on him. He can't even answer a single question. He just keep repeating "I don't see the problem", "You should learn the plane" and "You don't need a clean cockpit" like a broken record.

P.S. I would like to hear HB's thoughts on this subject - before we start killing each other here
Old 07-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #145
viper2097

Quote:
How about the radio and other labels on the lefthand console
Can you tell me what you can not read?

Quote:
the light test panel on the back righthand console
Legit. This is maybe worn a bit too much. But let me also notice that this is not that important for me, or at least, if you know what it does, the bad labeling is not a game breaker and you need it only one time for startup without takeing a closer look at it.

Quote:
the caution light panel.
I guess you talk about the caution lights on the VDI.
Yes, they are probably a little bit hard to read, but honestly, at least I had never problems reading them...

Quote:
You will get a glimpse of the issue when you install Japo and Brickdust mods to see what a difference they are from original HB cockpit. This would reveal what a factory new cockpit would look like.
Never felt the need for installing them. Honestly, when I first time sat in the cat I also disliked the worn look. In the meantime, I love the worn look it. And I really have none problems with the readability, HB just did an awesome job.
Same for the Mig21. I read a lot of people complaining about the canopy. I love it, as it is part of the deal rlying thst thing...

Quote:
I fly VR and those back panel are literally worn out and unreadable. Yes the light test is not used during normal flight but the radios are a must have. Interestingly, altimeter and altitude gauages are readable in VR.
Maybe thats one point thats mentionable.
What should we take for reference as "readable"?
4K monitor or 1st gen VR headset? Not so easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsky View Post
Dude, don't waste your time on him. He can't even answer a single question.
Which question?
I'm writing in this thread, because I think for many people it is easier to complain about something, then spending two or three hours learning something.
Thats why I also want to know an specific readability problem, because say "all is barely not readable" is a very easy approach.

Last edited by viper2097; 07-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.
viper2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #146
Tom Kazansky

2nd pic No1 almost every word around the dial is s good example for the proplem.

Some of them are hard to read even on a steady screenshot.
Tom Kazansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #147
Redglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
This is the point I just give up because you just end up in a conversation that goes in circles.
You're right, and we just saw it again

I understand it's time-consumming to read the whole thread, but reading the first posts, or a few of the last posts would show that those issues have been discussed and answered already. Few people take the trouble... and I probably have made the same mistake sometimes.

Still, so many back and forth in the same thread is becoming ridiculous, no wonder there are no more "official" replies. This discussion has simply been killed.

Cobra did say to give some feedback, he must be happy (that didn't change anything though)
Old 07-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #148
ekka

If they could get the custom cockpit option to work , it would be a non issue as community members have already supplied workable options as far as artwork goes , we just need a way to use them without tripping integrity check.
ekka is offline   Reply With Quote