Vulkan API - Page 35 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #341
Mastiff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
I'm going to laugh my ass off when Vulkan drops and it makes no significant difference on our end. The wails and gnashing of teeth shall shake the forums!!! Hahaha you guys are always so funny
I play a few games with vulkan and it’s much smoother FPS but I don’t see much increase in FPS but it does run cooler and smoother no hitching or lock ups.

"Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||VKB,MCG\ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G19 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR
32 Samsung|| 1x9inc||
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #342
zhukov032186

Oh yeah, performance stabilisation is entirely possible =) But some of these guys talk like they think it's going to upend the ecosystem and it.s just not. That's not how this stuff works lol Like I said before, went through this when Arma went to 64-bit. It made it more consistent, but nobody got a big boost out of it =)
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:26 PM   #343
BranchPrediction

Well vulkan is guaranteed to be better, how much better? Dont know but nvidia grafx cards can prolly expect less gains than an amd card, which is perfect since i ordered an rx 5700xt.
BranchPrediction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:42 AM   #344
Fokjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
It makes some dev processes easier and makes gpu draw calls somewhat more efficient. It will not magically give you more magahurtz or make your discounted 950 gpu 3x more powerful.
Imagine thinking that the most vocal guys in the community are the poors. Hundreds upon hundreds shout for ED to fix their game because they CAN'T get it to run properly in VR REGARDLESS of the hardware used.
Fokjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #345
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranchPrediction View Post
Well vulkan is guaranteed to be better, how much better? Dont know but nvidia grafx cards can prolly expect less gains than an amd card, which is perfect since i ordered an rx 5700xt.
There is no guarantee , only good chances.
I think that's why ED is keeping it low under radar.
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #346
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokjohn View Post
Imagine thinking that the most vocal guys in the community are the poors. Hundreds upon hundreds shout for ED to fix their game because they CAN'T get it to run properly in VR REGARDLESS of the hardware used.
It's almost like it's hot off the press (infamously taxing, in a game already known for being taxing) tech being rigged up on the fly in a game that wasn't originally designed for it, or dare I say it, even existed when said game was originally created. My original comment had nothing to do with VR, but good job taking it out of context anyway!

Last edited by zhukov032186; 07-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #347
DigitalEngine

Smile New Vulkan Extensions Ship; Vulkan Sees Increased Usage by CAD and Professional Autho

The Vulkan ecosystem is seeing increased interest from CAD and professional authoring tool developers who wish to leverage Vulkan’s lower CPU overhead for increased performance, especially with large models. The Vulkan Working Group has just released the new VK_EXT_line_rasterization extension to support OpenGL-class line rendering, and developers are using Vulkan/OpenGL interop to migrate Vulkan functionality into OpenGL applications, including ray tracing. Desktop independent hardware vendors are offering middleware to make it easier for the CAD community to develop with Vulkan, including AMD’s V-EZ library for Vulkan graphics development on Windows and Linux.
GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:21 AM   #348
Niktator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
The F-16 isn't the only thing we are working on, there are a great many things being worked on, including the future direction of the sim as a whole, but when there is news, we will be happy to share, right now, on this topic, there is simply nothing to share.
I just checked after about 1,5 years. Still same status. Aight, gonna check back in like early 2020 then
Niktator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #349
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niktator View Post
I just checked after about 1,5 years. Still same status. Aight, gonna check back in like early 2020 then
You can watch the newsletters, major announcements will be found there.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote