[Fixed]Cockpit looks to dark with 2.5!!

laumaya

Agree with deferred shading on probably worse at times, however I find that seems common in all the modules I fly in DCS, so more likely something to do with DCS and rendering.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yup there is a huge issue with the defered shading for most modules, (same on Kamov-50 for example). We are yet looking for a fix at least for night lighting so you can again use your lamps etc. By day it may need to wait for some ED tweaking, except if there is a way to fix it by editing the textures but I am not the photoshop guy ^^

Nicolas

Actually if you are using deferred shading, jump into an aircraft that has either an open window or door this is important and adjust the gamma when looking at the surrounding but not through the perspex I find around 1.8 to be fairly good. It's not perfect at the moment but like all things DCS it will get better. If you don't use deferred shading try HDR it should bring the low light levels up a bit. However I think it's a an issue of DCS, see my previous comment. :)

The other thing is who uses instruments anyway! :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I don't know but I've started to thinking that this is related getting used to new lighting system.

At first, I was finding Gamma: 1.8 nice, as FragBum said, but after a while (and also because of dark cockpit environment) I use 3.0 today and it feels fine! Interesting. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The issue with lighting is especially bad in VR and it is compounded by the fact that the helmet visor is also unusable in VR. Adjusting gamma to achieve realistic lighting outside the aircraft makes the instruments panel unreadable.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I don't know but I've started to thinking that this is related getting used to new lighting system.

At first, I was finding Gamma: 1.8 nice, as FragBum said, but after a while (and also because of dark cockpit environment) I use 3.0 today and it feels fine! Interesting. :)

Same here, I'm glad someone else thinks like me! I had gamma at about 1.7 to make everything look "good" (i.e high contrast) but now I'm on 2.2. Fly on bright sunny day and adjust external view gamma to reflect blinding sky, cockpits now look much better too!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hi Gents,

We are working at the graphic issues due to 2.5.0 changes.

A lot of things have changed, so it could take some time to fix everything, lights, textures, etc ...

Thanks for your patience.

thank you for the update, appreciate your efforts! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 months later...
Hi Gents,

We are working at the graphic issues due to 2.5.0 changes.

A lot of things have changed, so it could take some time to fix everything, lights, textures, etc ...

Thanks for your patience.

hello!

any news on this?

• 5 months later...

I’ve been away from DCS for several months. I just updated the sim and had a try with the gazelle on the latest release. The lighting and textures appear to be still broken. It looks really bad on the NTTR and Caucasus maps using VR. The issues with lighting in VR are present with other modules as well but the Gazelle looks the worst. Is this something that’s still being worked on or has it been addressed and I may have a problem with my update?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over a year without a fix or an update for the lighting issue! Are we to assume it’s not going to happen at this stage?

Rework incoming this year.

Thanks for the update.

• 3 months later...

I'm eagerly awaiting an update! :)

Persian Gulf, 10 o'clock, bright sunshine, and I can just barely see the formation light switch... Is it on? Is it off? Hard to tell...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I'm eagerly awaiting an update! :)

Persian Gulf, 10 o'clock, bright sunshine, and I can just barely see the formation light switch... Is it on? Is it off? Hard to tell...

This is the way I see the cockpit:

Chinook lover - Rober -

How well can you see the formation light switch? Don't see it shown in your video.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Thank you!

This is what it looks to me (PG, 10 o'clock). It looks better if the sun shines on it directly (but I nearly crashed taking that picture ;) ) but as soon as there is shadow again it gets dark. Gamma is at 2.4.

I also don't have those light gray areas of yours (e.g. the light holder), not sure why.