Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

This be HOJ, once radar lock is lost on all aircraft SARH missiles lose track.

Pretty sure it wasnt, but will check back with the guy which did the testing on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Guys, please explain how capturing intel works in BF. I generally get the concept, a recon capable aircraft (Gazelle, trainsers, others?) have to fly towards a target and collect the intel. Now how is it done exactly - I assume there is a certain range within the plane has to be from the target. How big is it?. Also, is there a specific time that the aircraft has to be in the zone?. After the intel is captured, is it required to come back and land to call in the bombers? Will the bombers abort their run if the target has been captured in meantime?

Sorry if it was already described in forums but I didn't had luck finding anwsers using search. Also the link to SOP document on buddyspike page is dead. I had a break from BF for some time but now as I've got a trainer recently I thought it might be interesting to give it a shot in BF.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I'd want kill messages back.

It seems we are picky about certain things, and then not others.

Kill messages are unrealistic, but F-10 map isn't?

Both are simply quality of life improvements in my opinion.

Kill messages give too much tactical information. It's especially bad for strikers/choppers when the message comes across some A-10/Ka-50 killed some Strela/etc...

All one has to do is look at the spawn point of the player killing targets, then look at the web map to figure out what is being attacked to triangulate their position.

so...why is next to no one on the Red side an any 'official' Coms?

makes GCI pointless and coordination...difficult :)

Always get on SRS, and lead by example. Use the chat function to ask users to join you on SRS. Get to know some of the typically Red players such as myself, M460, Skipper, BSS_Sniper, NaCH, Tello, Vertical Charlie, Beeroshima (j/k), etc... We'll get on SRS with you. In fact I'm always on SRS when I'm playing. Even if it's just me. Sometimes it stays that way, and other times the entire team ends up using SRS. I hope one day with more of us using it consistently we'll reach Bluefor levels.

Wtf BodyOrgan and Cisco know cheats in DCS? o_O They both voted for " This delay is useless, I known other ways to cheat in DCS World." wtf guys? xD or just trolling? ;) (I hope?)

Lets make the assumption you can't cheat your way around it. The delay would need to be so large it wouldn't be much different than playing the track back now.

Here's what I mean. If you delay 30 minutes, then in 30 minutes the opposing team is going to see where you've deployed your KUB's, Igla's, where your choppers are stationed, what your strike aircraft are doing etc.... The delay would have to be 3 hours, or in other words the total time of the mission being played.

This has annoyed me too, I joined blue flag to use simple radio and choose the Red side because it seemed like they needed people, blue side seems to always have more players, but no one is using the coms, they seem to use the text chat instead, or hiding in teamspeak, wich defeats the purpose of having simpleradio???:huh:. So Im kinda tempted to join blue side just to get on the radio. I have only once got a reply "five by five" but that was pretty much it:p, the CGI was on text chat typing out orders, very immersive:(...

It depends on the set of Red players on at the time. Some players can understand English just well enough to kinda understand what you're asking, and thus just well enough to type some broken English back to you. Hence why they use the chat.

I do several things to get comms going. I get on Buddy Spikes TeamSpeak server to find other Red players, and coordinate a flight using SRS if I find them there. If I can't coordinate a flight via TeamSpeak I'll simply get on Redfor's GCI channels in SRS (126.00 AM / 121.00 AM), and call out intentions. I've linked up with people doing this.

Lastly I've used chat because sometimes the only ones on are the Russians. Sometimes they have one who can speak English, but usually it's closer to what I wrote in the first paragraph.

Guys, please explain how capturing intel works in BF. I generally get the concept, a recon capable aircraft (Gazelle, trainsers, others?) have to fly towards a target and collect the intel. Now how is it done exactly - I assume there is a certain range within the plane has to be from the target. How big is it?. Also, is there a specific time that the aircraft has to be in the zone?. After the intel is captured, is it required to come back and land to call in the bombers? Will the bombers abort their run if the target has been captured in meantime?

Sorry if it was already described in forums but I didn't had luck finding anwsers using search. Also the link to SOP document on buddyspike page is dead. I had a break from BF for some time but now as I've got a trainer recently I thought it might be interesting to give it a shot in BF.

Same menu system you use to get troops, crates, etc... When in an aircraft that can capture intel there will be an intel menu. You have to be very close. Something like 5 KM to capture the intel, but you can use the same menu to deliver the intel right after you've captured it.

How to talk in SRS ? It seem no one can't hear me but I can hear them. Should I press a key or something while talking ?

Setup the Common PTT (Push To Talk) button in SRS configs, and that will be the button you press to transmit on the selected radio.

In DCS level craft (except the Gazelle) you use the in-game radio selector of your aircraft to switch which radio you will transmit on. In FC3/Gazelle you will use the radio key you configure in SRS to switch the radio.

the CGI was on text chat typing out orders, very immersive:(...

If you're talking about yesterday late afternoon pacific time, that was probably me. SRS won't run on my system, still need to figure out what the problem is. I just happened to be wrapping up work and saw that red was low in numbers and tried to help a little.

Yeah, I realize typing in the text chat was not ideal, but I type pretty fast and was just trying to give out heading, distance and if possible altitude info to specific pilots nearest the contacts. Figured it was better than nothing as TS is usuallly fairly empty - was only plannning on doing it for 20 minutes but ended up going for around an hour.

IMO any intel shared via chat or whatever is better than nothing..

Setup the Common PTT (Push To Talk) button in SRS configs, and that will be the button you press to transmit on the selected radio.

In DCS level craft (except the Gazelle) you use the in-game radio selector of your aircraft to switch which radio you will transmit on. In FC3/Gazelle you will use the radio key you configure in SRS to switch the radio.

Awesome, got it. Thank you so much man. See you in BF later.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Kill messages give too much tactical information. It's especially bad for strikers/choppers when the message comes across some A-10/Ka-50 killed some Strela/etc...

All one has to do is look at the spawn point of the player killing targets, then look at the web map to figure out what is being attacked to triangulate their position.

Well dont really have a problem with this though since if anything it should be more obvious if we want it realistic.

Seeing as Any troops under attack would without a doubt Call for help since friendly Fighter assets are available.

So unless those troops in question had no communication asset (which would be unlikely in a Major conflict between Nato/Russia)

they would be able to alert friendly fighters they were under attack.

So if we want realism i might even argue for an Alert when friendly troops are under attack

but i understand most A-10 or heli pilots would probably not like that kind of system

(though Viggen pilots would probably be less worried ^^)

So just having the Kill messages would give far less information to the enemy Cap about Striker movements then what we would have if we wanted to be completely realistic.

Kill messages could also make sense especially when it comes to air-air kills as they would most likely be reported as they occurred

atleast when it comes to the scoring side (though the side that lost an aircraft would probably realize that quickly enough as well).

Would there be away to Delay kill messages?

since if they simply put lets say a 3-5 min delay on kill messages this would both make it easier to leave an area before enemy aircraft tried to intercept

as a response to a kill message and could also represent the delay in the informations loop

(getting the needed info from the Troops in contact to the fighter pilots in question)

Edited by mattebubben

You get status updates if a asset is under attack and basically that is all you would get I guess.

And not who in what, with what killed what and exactly when. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm gonna be honest here. I want kill messages to fellate my ego when I score a kill, and to live Ace Combat tier fantasies of knowing exactly who I'm fighting and how dangerous they are.

there should be kill mails too.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Actually a kill claim system should be created. At the end of your mission you should be able to claim a kill via F10 radio. If you lied, you should get minus points on a stats page. Boo! :)

T/K can be seen on track/ACMI or inferred by negative points.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Can we have some weather please? Kinda boring always flying with unrealisticly good weather, everyone always seem too want realism in this server aka no kill messages etc, but when something more than a slight breeze gets added everyone goes nuts and complain, why?? Would have been cool to have what they have on the DCS-nl server, realtime weather. If that server was PVP i would have just flown there, but it's coop wich is kinda boring for me. But i sometimes just go there to have some crosswind landings and generally get my weather "fix".

While im at bitching about realism, why is simple radio set to the most unrealistic settings?

Edited by kaboki

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

Can we do something about the balance? It seems like mornings its all red and nights it all blue. Its really not fun to fly on either side for most of the day due to the huge number disparities. I know people have mentioned it in the past, but limiting numbers or allowing people to switch sides may help. Again, another idea is adding all of the strikers and all of the helos on both teams. Its really not a ton of fun to fly 1v20 and now there is even no AI due to that not having been patched yet, it really isnt. Yes, I know some of you will say, but Moltar I have a lot of fun fighting a whole team. That might well and be, but nothing constructive is going to get done and there is really no challenge for the opposing team as they can just gang rape anyone that gets on.

This is not me saying look red is out numbered or blue is outnumbered. This is me saying that how the players settings are now is going to constantly cause stacking especially with the majority of one side or another playing on one side of the world.

Can we do something about the balance? It seems like mornings its all red and nights it all blue. Its really not fun to fly on either side for most of the day due to the huge number disparities. I know people have mentioned it in the past, but limiting numbers or allowing people to switch sides may help. Again, another idea is adding all of the strikers and all of the helos on both teams. Its really not a ton of fun to fly 1v20 and now there is even no AI due to that not having been patched yet, it really isnt. Yes, I know some of you will say, but Moltar I have a lot of fun fighting a whole team. That might well and be, but nothing constructive is going to get done and there is really no challenge for the opposing team as they can just gang rape anyone that gets on.

This is not me saying look red is out numbered or blue is outnumbered. This is me saying that how the players settings are now is going to constantly cause stacking especially with the majority of one side or another playing on one side of the world.

inb4, but Moltar, it's war!

You mean like this ?

I'd love to jump in and trolling blue guys out there. Too bad I'm at work right now. And yes its fun lol

Maybe when they fix AI CAP would help little bit...

Screenshot_2017-03-02-07-37-52_1.thumb.jpg.79dacbb807644c3e1864641f7eea8757.jpg

You mean like this ?

I'd love to jump in and trolling blue guys out there. Too bad I'm at work right now. And yes its fun lol

Maybe when they fix AI CAP would help little bit...

[ATTACH]158248[/ATTACH]

It doesn't matter if the AI are fixed or not. This has been an ongoing issue on BF for several rounds.

Or maybe you could bring your whole squad members to jump in like 51st did few days back. I was there when that happened and all of sudden blue number shrinking in about an hour. I laughed when I saw that :D

Or maybe you could bring your whole squad members to jump in like 51st did few days back. I was there when that happened and all of sudden blue number shrinking in about an hour. I laughed when I saw that :D

What moltar is saying that due to the popularity of certain coalition bound frames geographically we have a time correlated swing in considerable unbalance between coalitions. Which is not really fun, imho especially on the outnumbering side.

I support strikers and helos to be mixed coalition wise. For the F15 and Flanker its good to stay split imho. There is enough fanboys for both frames.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What moltar is saying that due to the popularity of certain coalition bound frames geographically we have a time correlated swing in considerable unbalance between coalitions. Which is not really fun, imho especially on the outnumbering side.

I support strikers and helos to be mixed coalition wise. For the F15 and Flanker its good to stay split imho. There is enough fanboys for both frames.

That.... was a lot of big words. My head hurts.

We can, and have in the past, done this. However, this does not solve the issue. All it does is correct the issue for the particular time that we can get people to join. Again, it only solves it that one time. It does nothing to fix the team balance issue that plagues this server.

Im really not so sure that the team locking is the way to go anymore. When I first started on BF, almost 2 years ago, I thought it was cool, but now all I think it does is cause a lot of people to join the team that they think will be easy mode or will win.

A new way to do it, and this has been proposed already, would be to set a population limit per team and let people join whatever team they want. Maybe lock them for 6-12 hours or something. Hell even 24 hours, but after that let them switch. This allows the server to self balance because people are allowed to change teams depending on the population.

I know its not as awesome as locked teams and I know its not as cool because you can't really say that you beat someone or some squadron, but this is a public server. If there were a locked server for squadrons only than maybe locked teams would be the way to go. However, the longer I play here, the more I start to think that locked teams in a public server is going to do nothing but cause imbalance.

Edited by M0ltar

This unbalance issue have been discussed many times in the past and what we have here ? I couldn't agree more what Moltar said about possible solution in this matters but AFAIK I haven't seen BS members post something about it whether they agree or not. While we are waiting for it why not just we do what we can do and try to enjoy and have fun :)

cheers