Multiplayer kill announcments

JCHJones

It has to be on the server side to enable/disable for all clients to be fair. So as Speed says, start with this:

In Saved Games/DCS/Config/network.cfg

disable_events = true

For some reason this does not work for me. I did change the .cfg file as noted, but people still get messages on my servers.

As a lover of 104th style of fighting, yes !

Please give us the option to turn it OFF

F10 ? WTH is F10 ??? Hehe

Useless on 104th.. as it should be

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 3 years later...

How do you do this with the updated file structures?

I know putting disable_events = true in the saved games...config\autoexec.cfg file, but to stop the message box in local clients, the script/events.lua file does not exist anymore.

So how do you completely make the message box disappear on clients now?

Thanks.

found one way...

I found one way to hide the message text on the client:

On the server side, edit the c:\program files\ ...\openbeta\config\netview.lua and change the broadcast line (line 18 in the current version) to false.

Now on the client, no text at all, just a mail icon with a number above it that shows the number of messages would have been sent.

Anyone know how to get rid of the mail icon on the client side now?

Thanks.

You are overthinking this. :lol:

Go to the multiplayer screen.

Hit "new server"

Hit "advanced"

Uncheck boxes for all events you don't want a notification for. Hit "ok"

Maybe this option didn't used to exist but it has as long as I can remember...you're resurrecting a 3 1/2 year old comment in a 5 year old thread. ;)

Re: removing the envelope, lctrl + lshift + y will permanently hide it if memory serves.

Hit "new server"

Hit "advanced"

Maybe this option didn't used to exist but it has as long as I can remember...you're resurrecting a 3 1/2 year old comment in a 5 year old thread. ;)

Re: removing the envelope, lctrl + lshift + y will permanently hide it if memory serves.

Works perfect, thanks!

If there only had been an option for removing the score board. That and with removing all messages notifying this and that, plus the option of hiding all units in the F-10 map would force any pilot to learn how to navigate and how to approach a TA or maneuver around it to confirm killing, hitting or missing a target.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hit "new server"

Hit "advanced"

Thank you, sir :smilewink:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle