Setting up AWACS

I'm noodling around setting up a little wild weasel mission with some enemy are support

and I just can't seem to communicate with the AWACS I set up

Any tips?

Ive got him loitering around Vegas, ive got his freq as a preset in my F5 and when i go to hit F7 nothing happens.

Hi,

I don't know much about the F-5 or it's radio presets, but from a mission editor's point of view:

Make sure the AWACS is actually 'on mission'; check the waypoint where you want him to start, and press: -> Advanced (Waypoint Actions) -> Start Enroute Task -> Action (AWACS).

Hope this helps!

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

• 3 weeks later...

I don´t know if thats a bug or that the editors in my virtual squadron are missing something, but since 2.5 we are having the same problem with f-5,s and AWACS with two different missions made by two different people.

As you describe, you go to comms menu, f7, choose the corresponding awacs, try to send whatever request and the request is not sent (you don´t see your mesage going out in text and voice, as normal) and therefore the AWACS does not answer.

I don´t know if thats a bug or that the editors in my virtual squadron are missing something, but since 2.5 we are having the same problem with f-5,s and AWACS with two different missions made by two different people.

As you describe, you go to comms menu, f7, choose the corresponding awacs, try to send whatever request and the request is not sent (you don´t see your mesage going out in text and voice, as normal) and therefore the AWACS does not answer.

Are you by chance using the "easy communications"? I've noticed when using easy comms with the F5 that the AWACS radio option is initially blacked out. The first time I select awacs and send a request it doesn't do anything. However, the second time, I go to comms the awacs menu is now white and will operate normally. I think this may be a bug with easy comms or the f-5.... Or, I'm just an idiot and don't know how to fly or talk...:pilotfly:

Are you by chance using the "easy communications"? I've noticed when using easy comms with the F5 that the AWACS radio option is initially blacked out. The first time I select awacs and send a request it doesn't do anything. However, the second time, I go to comms the awacs menu is now white and will operate normally. I think this may be a bug with easy comms or the f-5.... Or, I'm just an idiot and don't know how to fly or talk...:pilotfly:

No, never. But it is true that in both ocasions we were flying f-5s. But we always fly with full realism.

Furthermore, the awacs menu was there, you could choose an AWACS and request, for example, tactical picture. The problem came afterwards.