To preprder or not to preorder?

Cann0nF0dd3r

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I stated that I won't buy this hornet till it's complete in this forum sometimes ago, but I prefer to pre-purchase and pay 60 instead of 80, but for me, the question is not about buying, it's about the time. As the news letter says the EA will be around the end of spring which will be 6 months from now, I will pre-purchase the hornet, but won't be my top priority for now, I will probably buy multiple copies for the guys in my squad, but I'm not sure when.

Something else is written here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

"DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is planned to be available for download as Early Access by the end of Spring 2018."

Everyone should complain about such a long preorder and not support such ideas. The next module will become the standard, and the next preorder will last for a year ... Unfortunately, most of you will still be applauding ED, despite this approach. I am saddened by the lack of respect for the client.

• ED Team
Something else is written here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

"DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is planned to be available for download as Early Access by the end of Spring 2018."

Everyone should complain about such a long preorder and not support such ideas. The next module will become the standard, and the next preorder will last for a year ... Unfortunately, most of you will still be applauding ED, despite this approach. I am saddened by the lack of respect for the client.

Lack of respect? nonsense

end of spring was given so ED have time if anything comes up that may be difficult.

And it could be sooner. As I said, end of Spring is just latest possible time.

Some of you are missing the "by" in by end of Spring 2018.

if you dont want to pre order, don't it is that simple.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Given the fact that quite a chunk of advertised, ground-braking new avionics and weapons systems tech will not be implemented at a time of initial release, thus making the plane even less combat-capable in some missions than current modules like A-10C or Mirage, one should make purchasing decision carefully.

Based on previous experiences it will very likely be well into 2019 until all features are implemented and working. That is in my opinion more important planning aspect than +/- 20 bucks.

Doesn't apply to the guys who are so crazy about multi-role fighters they will get'em at any completion stage and price, of course.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Managed to fence sit for a whole 12 hours, had a sleep and the credit card was calling when I woke up.....

Can't wait.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The Stennis we have in game is very simple since no US based carrier aircraft were player controlled previously - not counting user mods. You cannot compare what is in the game today to what ED is working on to support the Hornet.

So that's a "no," the stennis doesn't work.

It's funny seeing all these people complaining about paying $60 for the Hornet, when funnily enough the exact same complaints were made about the A-10C 6 years ago and the price was exactly the same, $60.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68644

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

It's funny seeing all these people complaining about paying $60 for the Hornet, when funnily enough the exact same complaints were made about the A-10C 6 years ago and the price was exactly the same, $60.

Unfortunately, a significant amount of people seem to have little to no grasp on what it takes to run a business and develop a product. Thinking companies just poop out a product with an "excessive" price tag just to make a quick buck from Joe-consumer.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I remember when Ubisoft put Far Cry 4 on pre-order at full price and something like 8 month away from release. Now talk about a lack of respect...

Yes but Hornet full price is $80 bucks not $60...

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, and it will probably always be like that. People have to develop an aircraft themselves. Only then they would realize how much effort it is. Well, a lot do actually. That's something we should not forget.

Personally, I think the modules are worth twice or even thrice the money. But it's an "optimization problem". Not many would/could afford it for the price it is actually worth. So yes, $60 is a lot of money and I understand that not everyone is happy. But at least to me it is still a bargain given what we actually get.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I was shocked to see that it is available for prepurchase however it was disappointing that the early access isn't until the end of spring. Not in EDs part by any means, I will be deploying in early spring and wont get to fly it until late fall when I get back stateside! :doh::doh::doh: Not sure if I want to prepurchase now for the $20 off or wait till I get back and see if it goes on sale at all, I have been eagerly awaiting this module!

Just wait until the actual release date is confirmed

then in the last 10 minutes before it is released buy then

Money is better off in your bank account earning you interest

and you will still get the discount, it is a win win for you :-)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Just wait until the actual release date is confirmed

then in the last 10 minutes before it is released buy then

Money is better off in your bank account earning you interest

and you will still get the discount, it is a win win for you :-)

Problem with that is i will most likely be overseas when that happens!

So that's a "no," the stennis doesn't work.

No, that is not what I typed. I typed the Stennis, that we have in game, is a very simple rendition since no US player controlled aircraft currently operate from a carrier. What is in game works just fine for the AI. Well except for the recent release of the Harrier, but it doesn't operate from the Stennis anyways.

What the Stennis will be for the launch of the Hornet has yet to be divulged.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I just pulled the trigger... hope it comes sooner than we think. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I preordered it to show my support for the project and DCS in general. This is a small community compared to many other gaming communities, and we basically only have two real options for high fidelity study flight sims that carry boom. I think the module is reasonable priced and from what has been shown in the videos thus far for 2.5 and the F-18, 2018 will likely be one of the best years for flight sims that carry boom.

I say preorder and show your support, but it is your money.

My take is that I want to support DCS because of their outstanding work. I bought the Ka-50 just because of that. I never actually fly it. Not into choppers.

So yes, US$59 for pre-release is a steal in my mind. Especially since that also includes me upgrading from DCSW 1.5 to 2.5 for free.

DCSW 2.5 development did not just happen overnight...

Keep up the good work DCS.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Im sorry but today $60 is not alot of money. Thats the price of a carton of Cigs or Dinner for two.

There are so many things you can throw $60 at and have nothing to show for it.

Not so much to sacrifice to support your hobby. Sure we spend alot for our hardware, but Comparatively, this hobby is pretty reasonable.

• Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

We all can talk about this till the cows come home. And that seems to be the case,, Positives and Negatives! You dont have to fly it if you dont want to,, if you do, them buy it! If your going to buy it, get it when its at its cheapest sell point that you might not see for awhile after it is released,,, ENJOY IT! Or go play PONG,,,,

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle