Christmas news 2017 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #11
ObiWanVA10

I don't see the question asked to be relevant at all. No brainer. This is the type of asset utilised on real battlefields all over the world and is an immense force multiplier if applied correctly.....so.......no brainer.....DCS is the only place for this......(and I voted for it too). There needs to be more support platforms in DCS and I am not referring to AI......Some of us out there actually enjoy accomplishing alternative missions (mundane tasks in some people's eyes I know) however it actually enhances realism with regard to real operational efforts and deepens emersion factor IMHO.....so PC just do it!!!!!
ObiWanVA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #12
Coxy_99

Now this is more like it

Any interior shots of the pit?
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
Silvern

Now this is something I'd buy in a heartbeat!
Silvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #14
sc_neo

Best wishes to you as well and i am looking forward to what Polychop will bring to the DCS table next year!

I think that is a good choice to go for the mini gun version at this point in time, it sure has a bit more applicability for some time to come, at least until DCS world simulation has advanced some more.

Concerning the periscope: sorry to hear this won't be available! All i would ask for; please don't say 'never' and scrap the code for this feature! DCS world is in constant development and Wags mentioned their work on implementing Vulkan API at some point in the future. Thus, what might be a resource hog in 1.5 beta and 2.2 alpha, might be a perfectly viable option some time in the future. I reckon it would be a nice addition later on, and maybe get you some more sales at later stage in the Gazelles DCS life cycle. Same goes for the eventual Sniper version of course. And, its good for building a company name in the sim world as well. When customers konw a company keeps there already released products in shape and adds something new every now and then, you are much more inclined to buy stuff.

Anyway, thx for all the work on the Gazelle over the last months!

Btw, you said earlier you were gonna make an intro video about a new feature/way of measuring coordinates with the viviane. Is that still planned or was that related to the canceld periscope feature?
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #15
Texac

helisimmer's article about Polychop and it's future.

Liveries/SkinsDCS Screenshots

Last edited by Texac; 12-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Texac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #16
rogonaut

i do hope for this in dcs - instant buy. very nice chopper!!
would be very dissapointing to see this jewel in antother sim, doesnt fit anywhere else near as good if u ask me.

Last edited by rogonaut; 12-11-2017 at 09:31 AM.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
SmokeFan

If you build it, they will come!
SmokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #18
Scarecrow84

So you guys finally admit the obvious about the cyclic, but now correcting it isnt 'worth the effort'? What a huge disappointment this whole thing has been.
Scarecrow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #19
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
i do hope for this in dcs - instant buy. very nice chopper!!
would be very dissapointing to see this jewel in antother sim, doesnt fit anywhere else near as good if u ask me.
+1.
First of all, good luck guys Second, please bring the Kiowa to DCS. I'll buy it the first day of release . There are many people in DCS that like to play a support role. For instance transports on BF.
With Kiowa DCS would get a fast, player controlled, fire control platform. This would be a game changer for DCS. Not only this module would be great for those that are flying it but also for others. Just imagine playing hide and seek, lasing targets for A-10s, Harriers and Mirages .
Not only community but ED should support you in bringing this baby to DCS
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #20
MrDieing

Guys! Where are the pitchforks and torches? They said they are going to make a civil aircraft, riot we must! Or you must, because I would actually like a civil helo :$

All jokes aside, thanks for the update Polychop, wish you all the best for 2018 and give us that Kiowa!!
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote