25 April 2013 Update

Wags

• ED Team

25 April 2013 Update

Dear all,

The past week or so has been more than a bit traumatic with the loss of a dear friend and our studio director has been away on travel in the US (in fact, meeting with me yesterday). One result of the meeting was him granting me much more freedom in how I can pass along information here. Earlier we had a more complex system of checks for public announcements that could slow things down dramatically. This will be changing in the form of weekly Friday updates starting next week.

Many of you are wondering and openly asking, "what's up with 1.2.4 and UH-1?!?" The BST UH-1H pre-purchase beta version is ready to go, but in order for it to work within DCS, we must release it concurrently with DCS ver. 1.2.4. Unfortunately, over the past week we had a few of A-level blocking bugs that prevented this from happening (like flares that had no effect on IR-guided missiles and ground units that would crazily warp around the map in network play). We think these have now been resolved and the 1.2.4 software is being retested. Once we are sure these have been resolved, both 1.2.4 and UH-1H will be released. Given the nature of bug hunting / extermination, I'm afraid that I cannot provide a release date.

While 1.2.4 has added several new features and fixed quite a few bugs, we do not pretend that it has cleaned up all outstanding issues, like performance impact from some types of cluster munitions. Such issues will continue to be worked on and addressed in 1.2.5 and beyond.

Thanks,

Matt

• ED Team

In the coming weeks I will also have information and images that I can share regarding the status of the Nevada map, discuss more about EDGE features, and fill you in on other future maps that are already in work or planned.

Thanks,

Matt

• ED Team

25 April 2013 Update RU

Дорогие друзья!

События крайней недели сложились довольно сложно в связи с потерей нашего дорогого друга и отсутствием руководителя проекта находящегося в поездке в США (с которым я вчера провел встречу). Одним из результатов этой встречи стало то, что мне разрешена большая свобода в размещении информации здесь. Ранее мы имели более комплексную систему проверок официальных объявлений, что замедляло публикацию. Теперь же, начиная со следующей недели, новости будут публиковаться еженедельно в пятницу.

Многие из вас задаются вопросом и спрашивают: «Что происходит с патчем 1.2.4 и UH-1H?» Бета-версия BST UH-1H уже готова для предзаказа, но так как это модуль DCS, мы должны выпустить его одновременно с патчем версии 1.2.4. К сожалению, релиз был отложен по причине обнаруженных на прошлой неделе нескольких критических багов (такие как отсутствие эффекта ЛТЦ на ракеты с ИК ГСН и некорректное поведение наземных юнитов в сетевой игре). Думаем, данные проблемы уже решены и сейчас идет повторное тестирование версии 1.2.4. Как только мы будем уверены, что эти баги устранены, будет релиз патча 1.2.4 и UH-1H. Однако учитывая природу вылавливания багов и их устранения, я побоюсь назвать точную дату релиза.

Несмотря на то, что в 1.2.4 добавлено несколько новых улучшений и устранено довольно много ошибок, мы не говорим, что нерешенных проблем не осталось, одна из которых резкое падение производительности при разрывах кассетных боеприпасов. Работа над этими проблемами будет продолжена в 1.2.5 и в последующих патчах.

Спасибо, Мэтт.

Перевод DC.

Обсждение: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104741

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу