DCS World 1.2.0 Available

Wags

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that now that we have a "unified" DCS World, the next step will be automatic updates of the World and all installed modules when DCS World is started. To get rid of having to download patches for everything would be a real improvement. Are there any plans to implement that?

Incremental updates would be welcome......

I will escape the ISPs draconian fair usage policy............

Manish

Why arent we usiing like rsynch or something to update the game?

Torrents are phenomenal, but why download the whole lot AGAIN after every "patch"

Manish

Everything is still in the Beta stage..once out of Beta..then it will be just upgrades only for install not the whole package...:pilotfly:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Manish

Whilst I agree that more frequent, smaller updates would be welcome as it's easier and uses less bandwidth, it would not be a sensible thing for the developers to do. Can you imagine the online compatibility issues if there was an update every couple of days? And having people try to keep up with that? What happens if you miss one?

That's the downside to open Betas. You can be sure that once it's out of beta, updates will be small :)

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

That's the downside to open Betas. You can be sure that once it's out of beta, updates will be small :)

As far as I know from what I have learned here, DCS World 1.2.0, A-10C and BS2 versions 1.2.0 are now out of beta and considered released versions.

Only CA and P-51 are still in beta phase...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 questions... Do old missions work in world?

Where are the missions located? (I cant find them)

Thanks guys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

2 questions... Do old missions work in world?

Where are the missions located? (I cant find them)

Thanks guys

Yes they mostly should (I'm guessing there could be something changed that could mess some up, but I haven't had or seen mention on the board of issues).

If you're looking for the mission folder in world: look in your DCS World/Mods/Aircraft for the appropriate aircraft and you will find the mission folder there.

• Like 1

And CA missions are in .../Mods/tech/CombinedArms/Missions. I found them with rob10 help in upper post.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I'm planning on installing Word today. For the SU-25T and CH Control manager, are there significant differences in key mappings between FC2 and DCSW? I'd like to use my FC2 profile if possible, at least as a starting template.

Multiplayer Issue

I m having problem with DCS world Multiplayer login issue. Just to make you guys clear that I don't own any of the DCS titles: A-10, P51 and BS2. So my questions is without these titles I can't play multiplayer DCS World with Su-25t ?

I have FC2 but I don't think it will work with that because it is already installed and is not working.

Please help.....:cry:

Thank you,

Pakster.

BTW A-10 is going cheap on steam right now.

Nate

Nate, while we're on the topic, does a purchase from STEAM give you a Serial Number? Can you then use it to download and install right from the DCS site? I'd much rather use the DCS software download.

Also, any insight as to why DCS doesn't offer the same sale?

486DX w/turbo button

The Su-25T traiing missions didn't automatically download with World. Is it normal to have to download them separately? Is it the same for all the missions, or just the training ones?

If the telegraph pole takes off after you, it is not a telegraph pole.

Nate, while we're on the topic, does a purchase from STEAM give you a Serial Number? Can you then use it to download and install right from the DCS site? I'd much rather use the DCS software download.

Yes, purchasing it via steam or DCS will give you a serial number to use.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Just to make completely sure I am going to do this correctly...

I have full versions of a-10, and bs2. I need to completely uninstall those older versions. I also need to delete any save games/config.

THEN, I need to download and install world 1.2.0. THEN, I need to install (only) the bs2, and a-10 modules for world, correct? I do not need to also install bs2 and a-10 standalone 1.2.0 versions? stand alone versions of these products are now considered obsolete, and should be uninstalled, and the only thing we are looking at is World, and the associated modules for our previously purchased products.

I have full versions of a-10, and bs2. I need to completely uninstall those older versions. I also need to delete any save games/config.

You do not have to delete any of that if you don't wish to. DCS World will not care either way.

EDIT: DCS World saves things in 'Saved Games>DCS' so your old configs won't matter either.

THEN, I need to download and install world 1.2.0. THEN, I need to install (only) the bs2, and a-10 modules for world, correct?

Correct.

I do not need to also install bs2 and a-10 standalone 1.2.0 versions?.

There is no such thing.

stand alone versions of these products are now considered obsolete, and should be uninstalled, and the only thing we are looking at is World, and the associated modules for our previously purchased products.

Correct. The 'uninstall the old versions' part is optional. Keeping the standalone versions has value for some people.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: