Mirage 50

Guest Dzedai

Guest Dzedai

Hello all. Sorry for my English. I would like to propose the Heatblur Simulations to create a Mirage 50 module. It will be a good decision. There are a lot of fans of Mirages. And while RAZBAM would like to create Mirage 3, you can be creating more powerful and strong interceptor than Mirage 3 of RAZBAM - Mirage 50.

I think Mirage 50 will be more popular than Mirage 3.

I hope that the Heatblur Simulations programmers and testers, and also who help them in their work will pay attention to this issue...

Mirage 50 was used by two nations, Mirage III was used on a dozen and took part on two middle east wars .... I doubt very much that the 50 would be more popular.

I see more potential on a Mirage F1, hope that Aviodev finally finishes their C101 and put the gained experience towards the development of their F1.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I agree with Rudel_chw: The Mirage 50 is far away from beeing as popular as the Mirage III and will never reach that point for the very reasons he mentioned. I myself would happily buy a DCS Mirage III, but I have absolutly no interesst in a Mirage 50.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well if we want a aircraft based on the Mirage III they could go with the Kfir.

Maybe a C.7? as that would be a interesting aircraft that has seen combat and is in service with multiple users.

Since that is also a Mirage variant but its more used / produced then the Mirage 50 with larger operators.

(Even the US operated the Kfir as an agressor aircraft for a while)

A Nesher could also be cool though it would be a more minor change compared to the Mirage III

and not add much when it comes to capability unless they made it a Dagger which is more capable and would mesh well with the Falklands map (though again that would make it a less numerous / used aircraft).

But if we wanted an Upgraded Mirage III then the Rose series could be an option or perhaps the Atlas Cheetah.

But overall there are sooo many aircraft that could or should be made before any of those if we look at capability,numbers made and overall importance.

And im not sure how well a Mirage 50 would do sale wise (It would be interesting for sure but would not have as much hype as many other possible aircraft)

since if people wanted a modern dela fighter why not just jump the entire step and buy the Mirage 2000 instead of a upgraded mirage III/V.

And also you are missing one big point about the Mirage III.

The reason people are interested in it is because it is one of the most Iconic fighters of the 1960s/70s were it served with a large number of nations and saw combat on multiple occasions.

The Mirage IIICJ variant that Razbam are making is the variant that saw the most action as it was used by the Israelis in multiple conflics and in those conflicts it created the legend of both the Israeli airforce and the Mirage III.

So most people who would be interested in either the Mirage 50 or the Mirage III

want that iconic cold war fighter and to simulate how it worked and flew,

And not how an obscure 1980/1990s variant with no combat record and little impact on aviation works/flies.

Since those who only want performance/capability will go for the Mirage 2000 or F/A-18C instead

(or one of the other more modern aircraft currently in production such as the F-14 or F-16C etc)

Edited by mattebubben
Well i continuted to edit and add to this so it became a bit long / rambling...

If we get another aircraft from Mirage 3/5 series, I'd prefer it to be either a strike version or a fighter/bomber version. Mirage III will already cover fighter side of things, even if it is one of the earlier versions.

If we'll get another fighter versions though (which is unlikely), I'd love Swiss Mirage IIIS, I have a weird fetish for its canards and ghostly grey color, the thing just looks great :P.

Ridiculously upgraded ones like Pakistani ROSE package would also be cool to have, though rather unlikely.

I think Razbam had an interest in eventually doing a Cheetah in a pretty far future, I'd be interested in it. Since they are working on a Falklands map, I wouldn't be suprised if they consider to maybe expand their Mirage line with the versions used by Argentina during 80s. I'm not saying it is too likely either but, it's a possibility.

The main factor that will probably make Mirage IIICJ is that, Razbam is simultaneously making a counterpart for it in MiG-19P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That'd be interesting, but then of course I'd have to start developer bothering for GR.3s.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

• 2 months later...

Also agree with Rudel_chw, I will buy Mirage III and/or Mirage F1 blindly. They were used in the South Africa/Angola war of the 1970s/80s and were the very reason I became interested in aircraft. Mirage III was also used in Falklands war. There was a 1960s/70s television series about the escapades of a French Mirage III squadron. And then of course there were the Israeli wars which really showcased the Mirage III. I have no interest in the Mirage 50.

Being realistic, my hunch is that Heatblur's next aircraft will be the Grumman A-6 ... it would be a perfect companion to the F-14, would make use of their Forrestal carrier and they can re-use their RIO technologies to create the first two seat attack aircraft of DCS World ... I'd love to fly such a plane :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB