2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

I believe the reasoning was because they are helping ED with the Hornet. When the Hornet is more mature, they will return to the F-4.

Nope, Wags has stated that it was pushed back for the benefit of other modules. They consider the F-4 not as worthy ase.g the Hind, Cobra or the F-16

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Yes I saw it in the email that was delivered also. Very interesting projects especially with the carrier module. The Air Boss station is interesting as I wonder what it entails?? Also it's good to see there is some progress being made on the dynamic campaign although it seems that it's still way off before we see anything on it.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I hope we get the dynamic campaign in 2019 but i doubt we will. That's my top waited feature

The in cockpit radio is my third best feature after the dedicated stable servers. SRS is amazing and does exactly the job, but it's still an additional app that has to be launched (and needs standalone downloads for updates, quite annoying). While I don't mind lunching it, other users in MP simply don't do that. Nothing is better than full integration.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

WOW that is a a full loadout! Even delivery of a few of those things in 2019 would be very, very exciting.

I don't know what to pick as my favourite. Dynamic campaign is an obvious one, but I also think the VOIP/radio integration will be game changing for online play. I think my most eagerly awaited item though has to be better air AI.

I am really enjoying the effort ED are putting into communicating with us. It's fantastic - thank you!

PC specs:

That's the best newsletter I've seen in a while! Sounds promising! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, the last two newsletters were full of things to look forward too, I agree.

My personal highlight from today's newsletter would be the much needed improved Radio Communications (aka ATC), and continued efforts to improve the DCS foundation (air and ground artificial intelligence, performance optimization, more detailed damage models for all unit types, Vulkan implementation, improved VR optimization, aircraft wake turbulence)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Must be the juiciest weekend news I've seen so far. Nimitz-class aircraft carrier? You must be nuts. They seem to be headed the right direction with pretty much everything :thumbup: :pilotfly:

The in cockpit radio is my third best feature after the dedicated stable servers. SRS is amazing and does exactly the job, but it's still an additional app that has to be launched (and needs standalone downloads for updates, quite annoying). While I don't mind lunching it, other users in MP simply don't do that. Nothing is better than full integration.

SRS sadly doesn't work for everyone due to issues in Windows sound support and whatnot. Hopefully official implementation will fix that - could be interesting to see if they cab provide some improved features too?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Nothing about new weather system, or at least new, debugged and synchronus clouds ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Great news:

* New free map

* ATC improvements

* Dynamic campaign

* Carrier modules

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

For those that would rather see it posted in the forums...

EDIT: I now see it in the announcement section, but has a December 27th posting??

Header2019_720-EN.jpg

Last week we discussed the many aircraft projects that will be under development in 2019. Today, let’s look at some of the non-aircraft projects. As mentioned last week, we cannot promise that all of these will be released in 2019, but they will all be under focused development.

Ships

USCarrier-720.jpg

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

Once this project is complete, the team will finish up the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer and then return to and release the updated Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier.

Combined Arms

No combat environment is complete without a good solid ground game, and we continue to improve on and add to your abilities to control ground forces either from a commander position or behind the controls of a single unit. As with 2018, we will continue to address issues and look at new features to improve Combined Arms, based on your feedback, throughout 2019. We will continue to add new content in the form of new units both to the core sim and the WWII Asset Pack, as well as exciting new missions and campaigns. We are currently at work on new CA-related effects like main gun fire, dust trail, localized damage, and smoke grenades, while also working on improved ground unit AI like line-of-sight issues, pathing, and more intuitive control.

Radio Communications

The biggest radio communications task are the aircraft carrier communications that includes CASE I, CASE II, and CASE III for departure, marshal, approach, and the Landing Signal Officer (LSO). Once this massive task is complete, we will move on to an overhaul of the airbase radio communications.

New Maps

RAZBAM-Falklands-720.jpg

With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year.

In parallel, we will be finishing up the Persian Gulf map with the addition of Liwa Airbase and Ras Al Khaimah airport; Al Ain Air War College; ruins near Shiraz, Kerman, and Bam; and fix remaining bugs. Once complete, it will be the largest DCS World map as measured from airfield to airfield.

Dynamic Campaign

While a hangar of great aircraft is certainly a wonderful thing, having an engaging, exciting, and dynamic combat environment is equally important. We have been developing the inner-workings of a dynamic campaign system which will continue into 2019. Based on the strategic goals and tactical situations, the systems will create dynamic Air Tasking Orders (ATO) that players then join to help their side to victory. This work is non-trivial, but we believe the addition of this system should be exciting for DCS users.

DCS World Multiplayer

DCS-DS-720.jpg

In the closing weeks of 2018, we made the Dedicated Server software available to a handful of trusted 3rd party online servers. Based on their feedback, we have been tuning and expanding the software to best suit customer needs.

One aspect of the Dedicated Server we are also exploring is the availability of free maps to Dedicated Server hosts.

In addition to this new Server software, the team has also been at work developing an integrated Voice Over IP (VOIP) system for DCS World which is based on the growing Web RTC standard. The first phase will allow users to use and create “rooms” and the second phase would integrate the VOIP into in-cockpit radio controls.

As mentioned in last week’s newsletter about Modern Air Combat (MAC), we also plan to include leader boards, rankings, and other online statistics for DCS World online players.

DCS World Foundation

In parallel to all the above, the team continues to work on the foundation items of DCS World like air and ground artificial intelligence, performance optimization, more detailed damage models for all unit types, Vulkan implementation, improved VR optimization and improved Touch Controller support, aircraft wake turbulence.

DCS World Steam Edition to DCS World e-Shop Transfer

You can now transfer modules purchased on Steam to your DCS World e-Shop installation. Note that this only applies to Steam DLC that uses Steam protection, not StarForce keys, Starforce keys can be transferred as before. All DCS World DLCs released on Steam from 12th May 2017 can be transferred.

Here are some modules released on Steam after 12-May-2017:

• DCS: M-2000C
  • DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
  • DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX
  • DCS: AJS-37 Viggen
  • DCS: Normandy map
  • DCS: WW2 Assets pack
  • DCS: Su-33 for DCS World
  • DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL
  • DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
  • DCS: Persian Gulf map

Please see this link for complete directions

Given that Steam no longer accepts our 3rd party license keys, binding of keys purchased on the E- Shop cannot be transferred to the DCS World Steam Edition.

Hornet Missions of the Week

In our quest to bring more and more great, new content to the Hornet, we are now providing a Hornet Mission of the Week! The first two missions can be found here:

These missions will also be integrated into the Hornet Instant Action list of missions.

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Very improbable with the actual system meanwhile the dedicate servers has no full released. I suppose the weather system rework and improved has been "delayed" to 2020.

At least actual clouds not disappearing and that extend on all the map would be a first priority step...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

At least actual clouds not disappearing and that extend on all the map would be a first priority step...

a fix priority for me. IMO this ruins many designated missions and MP, you can magically have all clouds disappeared in a second, just hitting F11 key

I'm wanting more info on the carrier plans. I know they can't please everybody, but I was really hoping there would be new weather system info, or at least an update to the current system to fix the clouds or add fog dissipation.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Ya, that happened last week as well.

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. When looking at the forums, I see an update ... and no, it's not an expected release, only the Steam transfer thread again :/

But then I don't see these stealthy updates... not sure why they do that now, it's very confusing (last time after the email newsletter, I though they had just forgotten to update the forums).

Will those dynamic campaigns exclusively for MP, and not for SP?

Clipboard01.jpg.9ec032b860c44e206e8c57a868b49d8b.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

i beleive the last 2 letters were intented to be released before the year end. so they put them to there

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Will those dynamic campaigns exclusively for MP, and not for SP?

:lol: I have exactly the same question but from an inverted point of view:

"Will those dynamic campaigns exclusively for SP, and not for MP ?"

(MP master race !) :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]