JTAC for KA-50

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When those aircraft let you set radio frequencies.

Exactly, otherwise you're spamming the comms with long briefs on a global channel in MP.

I want DCS Su-25 now! The 3D pit is there, the AFM is there and the avionics are relatively simple!

'Frett'

I'd prefer DCS Su-25T, since I like some of the other mission profiles it can perform, like SEAD.

In that case I prefer TM, SM or even better KM.

But it's just that I like rockets so much :thumbup:. When I fly the Toad I usually equip it with 8 rocket pods. Guided weapons are for pussies :smilewink:

'Frett'

• 2 months later...

All Add-Ons I embedded with JSGME are functioning with the exception of JTAC for KA-50. I've used mission where a JTAC can be summoned upon by a A-10C and I've set the right frequencies in mission Editor, but still I'm not getting the JTAC option for the Ka-50 in COM-Menu. Is there something else maybe I've forgotten to make it work?

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

All Add-Ons I embedded with JSGME are functioning with the exception of JTAC for KA-50. I've used mission where a JTAC can be summoned upon by a A-10C and I've set the right frequencies in mission Editor, but still I'm not getting the JTAC option for the Ka-50 in COM-Menu. Is there something else maybe I've forgotten to make it work?

Hey,

- Don't use easy comms and use the PTT button (Ralt+\ I believe)

- Try the 'official' Ka-50 JTAC training mission and see how that works out.

- Do a manual installation. Maybe a vital JTAC file is being overwritten!

- Sometimes the JTAC option does not appear the first time you hit the PTT button. Try again.

For me everything works fine so the files are good.

• Like 1

'Frett'

- Don't use easy comms and use the PTT button (Ralt+\ I believe)

- Try the 'official' Ka-50 JTAC training mission and see how that works out.

- Do a manual installation. Maybe a vital JTAC file is being overwritten!

- Sometimes the JTAC option does not appear the first time you hit the PTT button. Try again. For me everything works fine so the files are good.

I've re-dowloaded the file. It's working now. So it wasn't a problem with JSGME.

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

- Do a manual installation. Maybe a vital JTAC file is being overwritten

I've re-dowloaded the file. It's working now. So it wasn't a problem with JSGME.

JSGME checks if files are about to be overwritten by different mods and gives you a warning before doing so. Therefore I would have been surprised if it were JSGME which caused this.

I'm a little perfected your mod You can now use Russian vehicles as JTAC

Hi, I appreciate your efforts but could you please communicate this with me before you put up an entire different version of my mod.

I want you to do this because in fact I've experimented with these things already by adding the required waypoint actions. Note that the non-NATO factions still don't work properly even though I've added callsign tables for Russian units.

I will add this extra functionality in the next official version of my mod, although it does not add much.

'Frett'

• 4 weeks later...

I will look into it when I have the time...

-------------EDIT

My god!

They changed some numbering in R-828.lua

r_828_channel[0] = 30000000.0

became

r_828_channel[1] = 30000000.0

So basicly instead of numbering from 0 - 9 the channels are now numbered 1-10 (which corresponds with the actual selector switch!)

This issue was already fixed by ProfessorRider, who manages the Russian version of my mod. I failed to notice this change however :P

See first post for V1.5. I haven't tested it myself because I don't have the ka-50 installed atm (Huey and Mi-8 keep me busy these days). Please report!

Edited by TurboHog
  • Like 1

'Frett'

I tried it, no success so far. I didn't get response from jtac. Neither in the Jackal jtac campaign nor the jtac training mission. I tried 1 channel up and down (should work on channel 3, I tried 4 and 2 as well) still nothing. :(

Uploaded wrong version in the hurry! This is the half-way done fix...

----

Give this one a shot (see OP). if it still doesn't work I will take some more time to fix it properly.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

• 5 weeks later...

Hi...

I wonder, should we still install this mod to comm with JTAC?

Why don't ED make it default for Ka-50? Really curious...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi...

I wonder, should we still install this mod to comm with JTAC?

Why don't ED make it default for Ka-50? Really curious...

I guess they don't see how a US JTAC would fit a Russian attack helicopter.

However for gameplay in multiplayer where we play unthinkable A10C/NATO-owned Ka-50 co-op scenario's it is quite good.

It would be nice if they added another form of communication with ground troops for Russian CAS.

'Frett'

However for gameplay in multiplayer where we play unthinkable A10C/NATO-owned Ka-50 co-op scenario's it is quite good.

This is the reason I enjoy it. I just wish I had a Ka-50N to fly at night with my friends as well.:P

It would be nice if they added another form of communication with ground troops for Russian CAS.

Oh, very much so. I stinks that we're given the R-828, but no real way to use it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for thread necromancy - just wanted to say that I downloaded & installed this mod yesterday and tested just now - works perfectly, kudos for a job well done mate :thumbup: S!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Sorry for thread necromancy - just wanted to say that I downloaded & installed this mod yesterday and tested just now - works perfectly, kudos for a job well done mate :thumbup: S!

I haven't flown the Ka-50 in a long time so it's good to hear that the mod is still working :thumbup:. Thank you!

'Frett'