VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

All,

For info: latest versions plugin 2.5.11 and AIRIO extension 2.5.3 are available on the website.

Hollywood,

I looked on your site and in the first post... do you have a change log available?

I ask because after having to reinstall Windows this week (to get 1903 working nice with vJoy) I just this morning finished setting up VAICOM (and had to redo all my A/C specific profiles).

Seeing this got me wondering if you were still working on a new PTT solution or had released one, since you mentioned it earlier.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I'm having issues with Viacom at the moment, the main one being that a command will be recognized one time and then not for the rest of the flight.

For example, Huey on the rebel base mission. I say radio check, wingman will reply. Wait about a minute and radio check, nothing....wait again, nothing.

I have one PTT setup for the second stage of the Warthog stick, Viacom setup for norm on the PTT page setup and only tx1 shown in the list Looking at the VA output, I see nothing in between the listening start/end entries on commands made after the first one succeeds. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes I will get mic clicks when depressing the PTT and releasing. Sometimes not. I see the PTT messages in VA so I know it's detecting it.

I am running VA as admin, I have gone through training the commands three times and all return with a 95% or higher response.

So I have no confidence anything will work after the first command. VA works perfectly in that "other" sim so I know VA is setup properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

All,

For info: latest versions plugin 2.5.11 and AIRIO extension 2.5.3 are available on the website

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

If you want, you can download these for manual dll replacement (update your plugin first before updating AIRIO).

These updated versions work with current DCS openbeta. The plugin auto-updater will be switched on

once ED has propagated the latest ob changes into their release version i.e. later this week.

Thanks for the update Hollywood, however, when I import the VAICOM PRO AIRIO.vap no map marker commands are in the profile. So, I can't get VA to recognize "Map marker 1 to surface target" or any other map marker command.

EDIT: I figured it out, I missed the export from the config portion of the instructions. It's working now.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I have the same issue, I use the Surrounded Mission (A10C) for testing and the only response I get from my wingman is when I ask him to go TRAIL, which he Affirms, after that he doesn't respond to any other commands, also that one time I ask him to Go Trail, I hear my voice also, thereafter I hear nothing. Having done the speech testing I'm averaging 96% on my pronounciation. I'm getting confirmatory beeps when transmitting. I really can't think of anything else to do. I think we are pretty much in the same boat

I noticed a lot of stuff happening at startup with viacompro. One being the A4E profile. Will the A4E work with viacom at some point as nothing happens at mo?

Some standard commands are not always working, and some happen before i ask them. Putting this down to updates.

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

I noticed a lot of stuff happening at startup with viacompro. One being the A4E profile. Will the A4E work with viacom at some point as nothing happens at mo?

Some standard commands are not always working, and some happen before i ask them. Putting this down to updates.

Cheers

The A4E is not an official module. Does VAICOM even support it?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hey harker, the thing was seeing the A4E loaded as voiceattack and viacom loaded. Never seen that before. Will do another check just in case.

Cheers

Update: After checking, it must have been because I added the profile to viacom.

Edited by tmansteve

Hey Hollywood,

The manual tuning stuff works great, although I have one issue that seems to be coming up and I'm having a dog of a time resolving it. Any frequency that starts with a '2' is tripping up the voice recognition, and I'm not sure how best to handle this.

ie. "Radio tune two two five decimal zero" will get interpreted by VA as somthing like "10:52:13 AM - Unrecognized : 'radio 2225 decibels are'"

whereas "Radio tune three two five decimal zero" will (usually) get correctly identified as "10:55:48 AM - Recognized : 'radio tune 3 2 5 decimal 0' (Confidence 81)"

Normally I'd just remap the command phrase to something else to avoid the "tune/two" mixup, but that doesn't seem to be possible with these extra phrases. Any suggestions?

Also, would it be possible to add "Radio tune channel #" or something similar, ie. to tell Jester to tune to a specific channel in addition to selecting by frequency? This would be helpful to have when dealing with SRS in a complicated radio environment (ie. if you have a common channel and an ATC channel already programmed in the radios for the aircraft, it would somewhat simplify keeping track of who is tuned to what).

E: Also just remembered an issue I encountered, when trying to contact a tanker, regardless of what callsign you actually specify, the message seems to go to the nearest tanker to your position (if the tankers are on a common frequency at least). Not something that comes up particularly often, but it does seem like undesired behaviour.

Edited by Ghost Dad Recon

Problem

Hi I have a problem with vaicom.

Pro Registered version with airio and chatter.

I had to move my DCS steam version's installation folder to another drive. After that this problem occured.

Symptoms.

1. VA log window shows no errors. When I click the TX buttons they work. I hear the clicks sounds. It says listening resumed but it is not listening.

2. Ingame Communication menu opens and closes by itself in ~2 seconds intervals. I do not touch anything.

3. In the config menu all the TX buttons are white (active) though I am flying F-18.

Previously I was seeing only TX1, TX2, AUTO and AUX

Everything was working before I moved the DCS folder.

When I start vaicom without running DCS it acts as same. It makes me think like vaicom or va do not link with DCS.

Just got this, loving it too!

Only I can't get redirection of comms to headphones to work. Turned off in Audio options in the VAICOM config screen the DCS comms messages come through the speakers with the rest of the DCS sound. If I turn it on and redirect to headphones then I hear nothing on the headphones but see the response message in Voice Attack.

If I turn on Chatter I get this through the headphones with redirect on but still no DCS comms.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Go into SOUNDS Icon and make your headset the default for playback and recording
I want the rest of the DCS sound to be through speakers so that has to be default as I understand it.

Not really sure what was wrong but it is working now.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I've got AIRIO 2.53 installed along with VAICOMPRO 2.5.11. I'm following the instructions to import the new commands from 2.53 but when I export the profile and then go to edit it, the only commands listed are the ones added in 2.52 (Link tune, etc.) and the new ones from 2.53 don't appear. I manually downloaded 2.53 again and deleted old versions of the export file but I can't seem to get the new commands to show so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've got AIRIO 2.53 installed along with VAICOMPRO 2.5.11. I'm following the instructions to import the new commands from 2.53 but when I export the profile and then go to edit it, the only commands listed are the ones added in 2.52 (Link tune, etc.) and the new ones from 2.53 don't appear. I manually downloaded 2.53 again and deleted old versions of the export file but I can't seem to get the new commands to show so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Where is 2.53 changelog and instructions?

EDIT: sorry i found out when i download new extension, everyting is inside zip file

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Did you press ctrl-alt-c to bring up the VAICOM panel, go to the configuration tab and click ‘export’. Then you edit the Voice Attack profile and import the new file from the export folder? This sound like the same problem I had.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Did you press ctrl-alt-c to bring up the VAICOM panel, go to the configuration tab and click ‘export’. Then you edit the Voice Attack profile and import the new file from the export folder? This sound like the same problem I had.

Yes, I did and I realized that the export profile for AIRIO does contain the new command to use F10 markers to make waypoints but does not contain any of the other new commands. There are four commands listed when I use the exported AIRIO VAP: Radio tune, TACAN tune, F10 map markers, and link tune. I was able to add the F10 map markers command that way but none of the other new ones (like ground stab or commands to switch to RWS/TWS) are in the exported VAP and they don't work in the game.

Yes, I did and I realized that the export profile for AIRIO does contain the new command to use F10 markers to make waypoints but does not contain any of the other new commands. There are four commands listed when I use the exported AIRIO VAP: Radio tune, TACAN tune, F10 map markers, and link tune. I was able to add the F10 map markers command that way but none of the other new ones (like ground stab or commands to switch to RWS/TWS) are in the exported VAP and they don't work in the game.

F10 map markers is the only new command I saw under Extension packs in the Voice Attack profile. The other new commands are added when you pull up Viacom Pro via Ctrl-alt-C and click on editor, then ‘finish’. Then go to Voice Attack profile, ‘Keyword Collections’, then hit Ctrl-A, then press the delete key on the keyboard, then ctrl-v to paste the new commands into ‘Key Collections’ then click apply and done. Restart Voice Attack.

F10 map markers is the only new command I saw under Extension packs in the Voice Attack profile. The other new commands are added when you pull up Viacom Pro via Ctrl-alt-C and click on editor, then ‘finish’. Then go to Voice Attack profile, ‘Keyword Collections’, then hit Ctrl-A, then press the delete key on the keyboard, then ctrl-v to paste the new commands into ‘Key Collections’ then click apply and done. Restart Voice Attack.

Ah! That did it. Thanks much!

Run into a glitch with the AIRIO plugin. It's a weird one, and it's taken me almost a whole day to narrow it down to this.

For whatever reason, when you take off with the mission time set to 'night' (as in after dark, red cockpit), you can't do anything with the radar. Anytime you tell Jester something, you get this message: "AIRIO: N/A; Radar in Lock State" The only command he'll reply normally to (regarding the radar) is 'Break Lock.' This results in a flicker on the display as he tries to comply, then it goes back to the way it was. The radar shouldn't have been locked onto anything to start with.

During daylight hours, everything works fine.

After rebuilding the same night mission a couple times and trying numerous 'fixes', I finally disabled AIRIO extension (and chatter as well, just to be thorough) and ran the mission again using the old Jester radial menu. Everything worked like a champ.

Not sure if this is the result of the recent update or something that's been there all along; I don't build too many night missions. Anyone else seen this?

More importantly, is there a fix?

I recently purchased the C-101 and noticed that even after I changed frequencies VAICOM would still request landing at Kutaisi even though I was tuned to Kobuleti and saying the wording right. Even in VAICOM it was showing up as Kobuleti, yet in game it was still requesting Kutaisi.

What am I missing? It says ATC recipent does not match currently selected unit Kutaisi. Use Select command. Thought select command was F-14 AIRIO stuff.

Video and image below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=212875&stc=1&d=1561777725

https://youtu.be/0sghyAbFFCw

2019-06-28.png.f02a07928c1f789ae829cf54c42f0042.png

@Kazius Use the Select command to switch to Kobuleti ATC.

You can invoke the Instant Select option for Easy Comms ON

and Select Tunes Radio option for Easy Comms OFF.

Manual page 17.

@jmarso That's interesting, thanks for the research.

Appreciate if you can send me a PM with a link to that mission.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@jmarso That's interesting, thanks for the research.

Appreciate if you can send me a PM with a link to that mission.

The mission is self made, part of a pack I'm working on. However, I was able to recreate the effect in other missions by changing them to 'night.' If you PM me an email address I can send you a copy of it to look at, probably sometime later today.