**Bunyap Pre-Alpha Video - F-14 Carrier & More!**

Cobra847

Awesoooome!!!

Damn, I really can't wait to fly this beast.

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH]148409[/ATTACH]

hard to mistake it for anything else

Woops, looks like that's the Viggen!:D

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All I see is viggen!

Not really f-14 fan.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

leatherneck takes the lead!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Cobra, please tell me there will be an option for a higher refresh rate HUD. Watching that video made me feel queasy. The contrast between the refresh rates of the HUD and the 3D world seems to be causing some kind of motion sickness in me, like I'd been spinning in a swivel chair. No game I've played has ever caused a similar effect in me.

As it is, I would not be able to fly this plane. Like many here, I've essentially been waiting decades for a Tomcat sim of this quality, and I would be absolutely heartbroken if I was unable to fly it.

Cobra, please tell me there will be an option for a higher refresh rate HUD. Watching that video made me feel queasy. The contrast between the refresh rates of the HUD and the 3D world seems to be causing some kind of motion sickness in me, like I'd been spinning in a swivel chair. No game I've played has ever caused a similar effect in me.

As it is, I would not be able to fly this plane. Like many here, I've essentially been waiting decades for a Tomcat sim of this quality, and I would be absolutely heartbroken if I was unable to fly it.

Its alpha preview and some systems are not working correctly listen to the clip :thumbup:

I'm guessing it might not be a problem if you're playing in sim. Don't forget you're watching in a <30 fps video on youtube so it might compound the issue for you.

Edited by Buzzles

So that is nice, but it still looks like December 2018. Actually this press release has even less tangible news than the others. It is a small clip of the landing looped over and over again and most of the 8 minutes in the video is filler.

That whole f14 was supposed to be out "second half" 2016.

cobra in september 2015

As we announce our new and upcoming products, you'll be bombarded with screenshots, videos, written previews, livestreams, and much more. Stay tuned!

Edited by Spacehamster
  • Like 1

I will never understand sim videos where aircraft are landing on carriers that aren't moving. That boat is supposed to be knocking down 30-35 knots to create apparent wind over the deck to slow down the differential speed of the two objects (jet and ship) as well as increase effective wind speed (and therefore lift) for launches. Landing on a stationary carrier even at the lightest possible weight makes for very very short airframe life. For instance: 130 knots indicated at the round down - 30 knots of boat speed = 100 knots closure rate. MUCH more manageable for the pilot, easier on the tailhook (and the rest of the aircraft) and less wear on the arresting gear.

Unless in that video the base wind was 35 knots and the ship was pointed into the wind, they're just doing it wrong.

This was a demonstration of a module that's still very much in development. Give them a break. From what I can gather, they're practically re-creating the physical universe.

So that is nice, but it still looks like December 2018. Actually this press release has even less tangible news than the others. It is a small clip of the landing looped over and over again and most of the 8 minutes in the video is filler.

That whole f14 was supposed to be out "second half" 2016.

cobra in september 2015

is this supposed to be some kind of threat? so what if its december 2020? what the dickens are you or any of us going to do about it?

If the refresh rate displayed is correct...

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The HUD will likely be even worse.

We haven't implemented some of the imprecision in the instrument during more demanding maneouvers.

It's possible, if people are getting motionsick, that we implement options to alleviate this in some way. That's a decision we can make in the future!

Here's a real HUD tape to compare to:

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/