Focusing into Carrier DLC ?

toni

Hey guys, while I for one would certainly enjoy doing either of those being as I worked on them both during my time in the Navy and have extensive knowledge of the systems involved it would be a while as we are all hard at work at our currently announced modules. Now that is not a NO flat out just have to re evaluate when we get our current projects completed. Remember the famous line that everything is subject to change :)

• Like 1

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Hey guys, while I for one would certainly enjoy doing either of those being as I worked on them both during my time in the Navy and have extensive knowledge of the systems involved it would be a while as we are all hard at work at our currently announced modules. Now that is not a NO flat out just have to re evaluate when we get our current projects completed. Remember the famous line that everything is subject to change :)

I'm all in favor of keeping your project lists manageable.

Gazelle will be a day-1 purchase for me.

Good luck!

--gos

No need! Gazelle coming! Woohouu!

_GHS2515.jpg

And the great Lilkiki already made it possible with a Mistral class mod! :pilotfly:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146460&highlight=mistral

+1

If you've not tried it this MOD it is outstanding.

I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide. But the textures & detail are great this guy deserves a lot of credit for his work...

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

+1

If you've not tried it this MOD it is outstanding.

I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide. ....

Hopefully when the DCS Carriers is out we can..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

+1

I'm hoping the some spawn positions can be added as if you start a mission with a wingman from the Mistral you spawn from the same position and therefore collide.

tried with the landing positions a while back, but on another assault carrier mod. the problem is, that you can use only three prebuild templates, cruisers, kuznetsow and the us CV. the cruisers start location is obviously only one, and the carriers have a coordinate for the first slot, but the rest seem to be hardcoded in relation to the first spot.

i hope the same as joey, would make modding ships much more interesting :)

Edited by Roadrunner
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 1 month later...
Hey Guys, given that a CVN DLC is planned in a medium term future what do you tell me about a high fidelity SH3 Sea King and later on the SH70 LAMPS Sea Hawk ?

Wrong variant, at least for any USN CVNs. LAMPS did not deploy on carriers, just small-boys. Carrier Air Wings included the HS squadrons, equipped with SH-60F (ASW w/ hover-dipping sonar AQS-13E, Mk46, Mk50, & Mk54 ASW/ASUW torpedos) and HH-60H (CSAR, NSW, MAS maritime CAS, AGM-114 Hellfire & FLIR targeting system).

Just sayin'. H-60B were kind of outdated by the 90s...

No offense intended here, but we probably should stop asking for "I would like x or y" and instead focus on the stuff that is officially announced or very close variants of those things.

Polychop are already making a Gazelle, a Bo-105 and a Ju 87 Stuka, which is awesome.

shh...don't tell them. It's a secret!

God dammit guys, stahp teasing, or we will unleash more puppies or even more horrifying: kittens ! ;P

Does it have a mast sight ? :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

So having good to Space Camp in my youth I can tell you she has two very capable toilets that are a true marvel of engineering. Astronauts actually need hours of training on the ground before they can be used. For peeing it's a simple suction tube that does the work. For the "other" duty, you need to have very accurate seat placement to create a proper seal and a combination of vacuum and fan motors suck and chop the waste matter into small pieces. It then combines it with chemicals to neutralize the smell and moved to a waste storage area.

In Space Camp we had a two hour lecture on the usage of the space toilet. I found it quite fascinating actually. Hope we model it well in our version.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Oh great, what weapons can it carry ? :D

Will you also provide the proper terrain ? :D

Edit: Will we be able to refuel Starfighters and X wings from it ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?