A little real-life Mi-8 action

Too bad we do not have any more one of these beauties. No big action but a nice old video.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Cockpit view of taxi, test hover and rolling takeoff (or as they call it in Russian, "airplane style takeoff" :) )

c1tnpiwmKHo&list=PLndqafgOuek3WXnkIgzEqdS6oVdbc4yfm&index=2

Looking at the crew in full view, I notice they still bump like they did while taxing, and the camera stablility function hardly keeps up, bending the windows.

Is it safe to fly like that? Looks like one blade is stuck, and lifts moving forward, and neutral moving backwards, making it a bumpy ride.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Afghan Army seem to have lots of Mi-17's in use

Cibit yes you have right:

Bye, Skull.

Looking at the crew in full view, I notice they still bump like they did while taxing, and the camera stablility function hardly keeps up, bending the windows.

Is it safe to fly like that? Looks like one blade is stuck, and lifts moving forward, and neutral moving backwards, making it a bumpy ride.

Its a Helicopter, Helicopters vibrate. Perfectly normal and nothing special going on.

The helicopter in the video actually seems to fly pretty smooth. Hard to judge from a video though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

There's few minutes I've found this great video from AVIA TS:

Bye, Skull.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Other video that I've found this video, it's cool no ?

Bye Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

• 1 month later...

May be posted... Go to 5:00

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 months later...
Omg, thats sad. Looks like VRS

Google translator> On September 4, 2014 in the city of Gelendzhik airport in Russia, an Mi-8 helicopter crashed to the ground killing two people and wounding severely burned. The device is apparently down too quickly on the ground and the driver lost control. During the crash, the helicopter lost its tail and ignited.

Edited by Suchacz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...