A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

Not better, you will see my parameters in the picture. I was flying level just when accelerating after reducing to 160 Knots.

Sabre can you tell me what is wrong please, i am tired of doing and redoing the same mission.

Screen_180402_082622.thumb.jpg.d9c08ebcf8e9421e72a28598a7dedf3e.jpg

Hey Sabre, any progress update on the NTTR conversion would be very welcome :)

We have a few other projects in the pipeline at the moment but it's still on our list.

We have confirmed that it is possible to migrate the missions to the NTTR map though (without having to redo them from scratch).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

It should be fixed in 2.5 as long as you set the correct pressure at startup. I'm on the tactical campaign and even though at vaziani the pressure is 2833 I often always get told to check my altitude too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Can someone tell me if i am alone to have this altitude issue with this DLC campaign with the release 1.5.8 ?

Is this bug really fixed in this release ?

Oh, you are playing 1.5.8. I did not see it on my last answer.

Have you tried to set your barometer pressure befor starting?

Not better, you will see my parameters in the picture. I was flying level just when accelerating after reducing to 160 Knots.

Sabre can you tell me what is wrong please, i am tired of doing and redoing the same mission.

What i can see is that your high on the CDU is 6763 feet, the altimeter shows ~6230 feet.

I wanted to find out where the difference is from. But still had no time.

In case of doubt: Ask your flight inspector, :music_whistling: or read the flight manual! :book:

Ok,

G-Alt (6763 ft.) on the CDU ist the altitude from your GPS device.

Altimeter (~6230 ft.) is the barometric altitude.

Have you tried to fly with the altimeter as shown on side 124 in the flight manual?

Edited by woodlanddragon

I7 7700k - MSI Z270 PC MATE DUAL - CORSAIR DDR4 32GB - NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EIZO FS2735 - TRACKIR - GUILLEMOT PRODUCTS - CH PRODUCTS - SB X-FI FATALITY PLATINUM - VAICOM PRO - TACVIEW

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

Has anyone been able to get through BFQ#8 in 2.5? I'm having serious problems with wing rock after engaging manual reversion to the point where the plane basically becomes unflyable. This is after turning off SAS and doing an emergency retract of both flaps and speed brakes. It appears to be some sort of bug that only shows up when all of the pylons are empty as I've tested outside of the campaign with having only a targeting pod and ECM on the outside pylons and the airplane is as docile as can be.

I had the same issues, it was not docile at all on this misison. I followed the right procedures and it was so out of control. I managed to land it eventually but ran off the runway. I did end up passing. Just make very tiny inputs to your manuevers.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I finally succeeded by putting the game in active pause and calibrating the altimeter to be at 6000 ft GPS. To obtain this i had to set the value of 3066 instead of 2992 which is the standard pressure. We are far from the 2988 suggested for Batumi.

I am not an expert but i am quite sure there is a bug somewhere and it was not in the mission at first. It has been included by the following modification.

You told "ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.". The problem is here, as long as the triggers won't be updated in the mission the issue will remain.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up. This campaign is filled with bugs. I wasted so much time flying around and having a bug ruin my fun.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I'm having the same issues with the manual reversion causing the aircraft to oscillate around the roll axis. It would seem that the ailerons are not locked, but I cannot find a solution to it. Anyone had any success in this?
I always experienced this too. You just have to attempt to land it like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Just started BFT.

On mission 3 I was a bit confused. I have 3 radios. Flight radio freq is 251 and set on UHF. I must work with Batumi tower an it's freq is 131 AM. Also i have flight qual. command on 124 AM. And i can't set to both of them at one time. I flew almost all of time on 131 and completed. Am I doing smth. wrong? Also on BFT-02 there was coast guard freq, and I had to listen it all time, but again - two different freq at one time.

You really only need to set the radio frequencies when communicating with that particular element - however the missions are not testing for radio settings so you will hear the FE regardless of your specific radio settings.

It was easier to do it this way as we found Users were missing important FE messages because they forgot to switch their radios back to the right frequency at certain times in the flight path. Not as realistic but easier for the User.

Guard frequency 243.00 is usually monitored on UHF and VHF is used for flight and ATC comms however some elements have both VHF and UHF frequencies available for them.

For formal operations Guard should be constantly monitored but for these missions you can ignore Guard and leave your UHF setting at 251.00 to monitor other aircraft comms.

Here is a link with info about managing multiple frequencies:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2008/august/flight-training-magazine/frequent-frequencies

Well, if there is no need to contact ATC - use this radio for FE, but in mission 3 you need wery often to contact ATC. At the same point FM freq. not used at all, so make FE at FM radio, and leave AM for ATC seems more... user-friendly, i think. At this point we have coast guard at UHF, AM for ATC, FM for FE.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with BFQ#8, where the ailerons started oscillating uncontrollably and the aircraft was basically unflyable. There is a workaround though: At the beginning of the mission when still on the ramp, change your loadout so that your wings are not completely empty. I'm not sure if all combinations work, I picked some Mavericks and Sidewinders. And then the plane does not start to shake once you activate manual reversion. Just don't jettison your stores when the instructor tells you to :)

• 2 months later...

Not sure why ATC wouldn't respond. The aircraft has 3 radios so check to make sure you are using the correct controller for the correct radio. Other than that try a DCS Repair or uninstall and reinstall the campaign.

You do have to fly the pattern as briefed (don't wait for the FE to tell you to turn if you are at a waypoint and clearly see the flight path turning to the next waypoint). The trigger zones are located at the waypoints so if you stay on the flight path you should hit the next trigger zone in sequence.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com or post again to the forum and we can investigate further.

Not sure why ATC wouldn't respond. The aircraft has 3 radios so check to make sure you are using the correct controller for the correct radio. Other than that try a DCS Repair or uninstall and reinstall the campaign.

You do have to fly the pattern as briefed (don't wait for the FE to tell you to turn if you are at a waypoint and clearly see the flight path turning to the next waypoint). The trigger zones are located at the waypoints so if you stay on the flight path you should hit the next trigger zone in sequence.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com or post again to the forum and we can investigate further.

I relized that if I stay at the waypoints I would be able to complete the mission. I did it at practice and got qualification at the test :thumbup:

Regarding radios I guess its a DCS problem because it is not all the time that the ATC do not reply. There is no pattern..

Cheers!