Which defensive systems will be modelled?

Asset

Hi all,

the Ka50 might be a powerful weapons platform but one thing that annoys the heck out of me is the lack of a RWR and a MWS. It is difficult to see enemies, especially when they can look "through" the trees and I can't. So at least I want to know when someone is scanning me and especially when someone is firing. The A10 has all of that and it makes for so much better situational awareness and less unwelcomed surprises. Combine that with a targeting pod that uses IR and it is actually possible to see stuff.

So my question to Polychop is:

1. Will the Bo105 have a LWS?

2. Will it have a RWR?

3. Will it have a MWS?

4. Will it have IR optics?

Thank you, Asset

Hi,

the korean BO-105 have:

- IRCM (Infrared Countermeasures System)

- RWR (Radar warner which shows bars, indicating the direction from which the Helicopter is tracked)

- Flare/Chaff Dispenser (programable)

-German BO only have RWR (same as in the Korean)

Hi all,

the Ka50 might be a powerful weapons platform but one thing that annoys the heck out of me is the lack of a RWR and a MWS. It is difficult to see enemies, especially when they can look "through" the trees and I can't. So at least I want to know when someone is scanning me and especially when someone is firing. The A10 has all of that and it makes for so much better situational awareness and less unwelcomed surprises. Combine that with a targeting pod that uses IR and it is actually possible to see stuff.

So my question to Polychop is:

1. Will the Bo105 have a LWS?

2. Will it have a RWR?

3. Will it have a MWS?

4. Will it have IR optics?

Thank you, Asset

• Thanks 2

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

The Swedish version, Hkp9, had nothing but brave pilots :-)

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

There are RWR antennas on many of the pictures, showing the Hkp9. Not sure if it will be in the Polychop module

No. There was no RWR on the swedish Hkp9.

There was mounting pads, above the windshield an most aft of the tail boom delivered when the bo105 was bought but no RWR-system was ever installed.

All Hkp 9 got a modification during early 2000's for NVG-capability and then there was formation lights mounted on the forward RWR-mounting pads. Perhaps these you have seen?

I have to make one possible exception for the Viktor 90(later Kalle 90) aiframe, used for tests by FMV.

It was equipped with the Helitow2 FLIR day/night system. It is not completely impossible that that airframe had RWR, but as I recall it, it had not.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

• 7 months later...

The German BO-105 PAH1A1 is not made for night missions. She has no FLIR.

If a dev could comment on it: Will the german version be night time capable in regards to employing the hot 3 missile, i.e. FLIR capability for the sighting system comparable to the Gazelle's Viviane system?
  • Thanks 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

• 4 years later...
On 1/8/2017 at 2:55 AM, The_Fragger said:

Hi,

the korean BO-105 have:

- IRCM (Infrared Countermeasures System)

- RWR (Radar warner which shows bars, indicating the direction from which the Helicopter is tracked)

- Flare/Chaff Dispenser (programable)

-German BO only have RWR (same as in the Korean)

Could you please tell me what type of RWR is installed in the German version? I would also like some historical documents to show it if possible.

A friend of mine is having a difficult time finding that material for a certain purpose.

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

Could you please tell me what type of RWR is installed in the German version? I would also like some historical documents to show it if possible.

A friend of mine is having a difficult time finding that material for a certain purpose.

image.png

• Thanks 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB