DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Home Fries

I am thinking about getting the F14 module. Because of the F18, I now have 4 TM cougar MFDs. Reviewing your profile for the F14, I notice that you have 2 MFDs for the pilot and 2 for the Rio. I assume in the normal course, when you change from one to the other, the MFD functions also changes. If so, would it be possible to have the pilot MFDs on MFD 1 and 2 and the Rio MFDs on MFD 3 and 4 on a permanent basis so that I can place your MFD overlays on each of my 4 MFDs? I hope I explained what I want to do correctly.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi Homefries,

I have been flying with your profiles for a long time now. And thank you so much for all the hard work you and others put into it. Last week I returned from my holiday and booted up my computer to fly a bit. But there was a nasty suprise, when I fire up the profile it stops afther a few seconds and states that one of my usb devices had been unplugged. Now this doens't happen so I have tried every thing as far as I can think off. Do you have any clue?

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

2: "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

3: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\6&2EECADEF&0&4) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\6&2EECADEF&0&3) selected

USB HID device "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\6&28C8A7B7&0&0000) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

DCS_Global() Start.

DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v2.34):

MiG-29A/C/G Fulcrum� for DCS/FC3 Config (Profile v2.34):

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS Cougar for MiG-29A/C/G Fulcrum� Config:

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing Throttle Twin Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.

Digital Aux Axis Mapping:

Unmapping Microstick...Done.

...Done!

Button Mapping:

Shift Commands: S3+T7/T8 all momentary...Done!

Stick Buttons......Done!

Init Trim with Padlock for TrackIR Users.

Hat1 (Trim)...Done!

TQS Buttons...SRS Disabled

...Done!

HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

MiG-29A/C/G Fulcrum� for DCS/FC3 Init Complete!

main returned 0

Type 1 (Binary-Discrete) Airbrake Set.

Brake Out = 500

Brake In = 1500

Error: One of the selected USB devices (0) has been unplugged. Aborting script!

Aborting script (check output above for reason)...

Script stopped!

I'm using a TM cougar with tm rudder pedals and the two mfd's. I hooked this set, up to a I5-3470 with 16 gb of DDR3 ram, a 1050 LP Nvidia card. Until two weeks ago everything worked fine. I already tried to undo all the updates but so far nothing seems to help.

Thank you so much

Edited by Cyberadje

Cyb I find that the target software can sometimes conflict with other software, try using a target to create a simple combined profile and see if that fires up is a good starting point, you might even find doing that once fixies CTS ( I did one occasion )

Home Fries

I am thinking about getting the F14 module. Because of the F18, I now have 4 TM cougar MFDs. Reviewing your profile for the F14, I notice that you have 2 MFDs for the pilot and 2 for the Rio. I assume in the normal course, when you change from one to the other, the MFD functions also changes. If so, would it be possible to have the pilot MFDs on MFD 1 and 2 and the Rio MFDs on MFD 3 and 4 on a permanent basis so that I can place your MFD overlays on each of my 4 MFDs? I hope I explained what I want to do correctly.

I know what you're asking, especially since the F-14 uses separate IDs for each display rather than slaving to LEFT_MFCD, RIGHT_MFCD. Unfortunately, TARGET only allows for two programmable MFDs, so the other 2 are free controllers. You can still put the RIO displays in them, but the RIO controls will be on the first two MFDs.

FWIW, if you have the NS430 you can assign those controls to either free MFD. I have a diff.lua specifically for that.

Hi Homefries,

I have been flying with your profiles for a long time now. And thank you so much for all the hard work you and others put into it. Last week I returned from my holiday and booted up my computer to fly a bit. But there was a nasty suprise, when I fire up the profile it stops afther a few seconds and states that one of my usb devices had been unplugged. Now this doens't happen so I have tried every thing as far as I can think off. Do you have any clue?

<...>

I'm using a TM cougar with tm rudder pedals and the two mfd's. I hooked this set, up to a I5-3470 with 16 gb of DDR3 ram, a 1050 LP Nvidia card. Until two weeks ago everything worked fine. I already tried to undo all the updates but so far nothing seems to help.

I see that happen on occasion, so it's probably not your setup. I've complained in the past that the FAST middleware is not the most stable software. If restarting the script does not work for you, then try a reboot. Failing that, go into CTS and set "Allow Flashing MFD LEDs on Transitions" to 0 (or -1 to disable steady state LEDs if 0 doesn't work for you). I've found that most profile crashes are due to LEDs, and usually commands given at the same time, so this reduces the amount of LED use.

Hi Home Fries,

I have tried your suggestion. But unfortunatly it didn't work. When the profile loads, it stays active for a second or so. Then I see on both my MFD'S the lights go off. directly followed by the error. I have reinstalled Target, my TM drivers but nothing seems to work. Your thougts please?

Again thank you for your time.

Edited by Cyberadje

Hi Home Fries,

No matter what I do, trying all alternatives in the Configurator settings, Values, Global mode, and also testing all possible variables for each aircraft, I can't make TRIM to work. I tried for now F/A-18, Harrier, F-5, etc.. but it is not responding. If I don't use CTS, the Hat of my Warthog joystick is working. i.e. A-10C default profile in DCS. Also for the A-10C using CTS, trim is working perfectly, and its more noticeable because the hat moves (why that movement is not implemented on F/A-18 or Harrier?).

If I'm not mistaken, the combo for trimming should be Shift key (S3) + Hat U/D/L/R (it works for the A-10C), but the trim is not working on other planes. Also, trying only to move the hat (not shifted) does nothing.

Of course, the rest of controls, axis, combos, buttons, etc.. are working perfectly. No hardware problem.

I´m lost. I dont know what to do. I think the trim worked before, but I cant remember the last version where it worked. Any tips? Can you take a look if it works for you on the aircraft mentioned?

Thanks!

Edited by 3ra_Luke
More info

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the long delay, but I haven't been able to duplicate your issue. S3+Hat1 for trim is true in 2 cases:

1. You don't use head-tracking and use the POV hat for panning
  2. You use VR and have "Default POV Hat function in VR" set to 0.

If you use TrackIR, or you have VR with Default POV set to 1, then Hat1 without S3 should take care of trim.

/I is when you hold down S3 (the pinky button on the stick) in combination with the other button. This nomenclature is a holdover from the DOS and Foxy days.

I'm trying to use that function but it does not work, at least for F-5E profile. Maybe there is some setting incorrect (I do not use MFD, but they are disabled). BTW, I'm trying to the stick trim with POV switch.

I have also loaded the lua files in DCS:

TARGET F5E kb v221.diff.lua

TARGET F5E wh v225.diff.lua

I'm trying to use that function but it does not work, at least for F-5E profile. Maybe there is some setting incorrect (I do not use MFD, but they are disabled). BTW, I'm trying to the stick trim with POV switch.

I have also loaded the lua files in DCS:

TARGET F5E kb v221.diff.lua

TARGET F5E wh v225.diff.lua

Make sure you set the correkt modifier under the modifiers sektion.

It should be button 30, 31 and 32 from the thrustmater combined device

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure you set the correkt modifier under the modifiers sektion.

It should be button 30, 31 and 32 from the thrustmater combined device

When I push S3, I get buttons 19 and 30. If I push S3 & POVup, I get buttons 19, 30 and 32 intermittent.

Is it possible to see the generated TARGET code, or the source code F-5 profile?

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the long delay, but I haven't been able to duplicate your issue. S3+Hat1 for trim is true in 2 cases:

1. You don't use head-tracking and use the POV hat for panning
  2. You use VR and have "Default POV Hat function in VR" set to 0.

If you use TrackIR, or you have VR with Default POV set to 1, then Hat1 without S3 should take care of trim.

Hi mate, I´m afraid I already tried that. I use Track IR but also I have VR, but I´ve tried all possible combinations, just in case, and no luck. The POV hat does nothing. The most evident example is the classic A-10C. If I only use CTS for mapping the POV, nothing happens, BUT if I add to the single joystick (not combined) the POV UP, Down, etc, positions, everything works as it should. I made a screenshot to illustrate this last part.

I´m really lost.

466928009_a10c2019-08-26192342b.thumb.jpg.5e9fdcc7b19586e80eae2fb7bb2e6f01.jpg

Edited by 3ra_Luke
Spelling

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Hi mate, I´m afraid I already tried that. I use Track IR but also I have VR, but I´ve tried all possible combinations, just in case, and no luck. The POV hat does nothing. The most evident example is the classic A-10C. If I only use CTS for mapping the POV, nothing happens, BUT if I add to the single joystick (not combined) the POV UP, Down, etc, positions, everything works as it should. I made a screenshot to illustrate this last part.

I´m really lost.

I think that I have the same problem.

I´m really lost.

I think that I have the same problem.

That looks like a Windows 10 issue. What's supposed to happen is that when TARGET creates the virtual device, the original Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle are supposed to disappear at the Windows level. I don't know how to fix it, but I have listed some links in Appendix E of the Setup PDF.

I'll also put the F-5 though the paces specifically, though I had no problems trimming last week.

That looks like a Windows 10 issue. What's supposed to happen is that when TARGET creates the virtual device, the original Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle are supposed to disappear at the Windows level. I don't know how to fix it, but I have listed some links in Appendix E of the Setup PDF.

I'll also put the F-5 though the paces specifically, though I had no problems trimming last week.

In my case I only see the virtual device, the others dissapears. But when I load de lua files, some of the functions are in red, in both, HOTAS and keyboard. So, something is wrong.

In my case I only see the virtual device, the others dissapears. But when I load de lua files, some of the functions are in red, in both, HOTAS and keyboard. So, something is wrong.

You likely need to add the Joy_BTN30, 31, and 32 modifiers.

You likely need to add the Joy_BTN30, 31, and 32 modifiers.

I added those modifiers to the both lua files (wh and kb) to "d3004pnilu3004cd7vd1vpnilvu0", but I get the same result:

["d3004pnilu3004cd7vd1vpnilvu0"] = {

["added"] = {

[1] = {

["key"] = "JOY_BTN19",

["reformers"] = {

[1] = "JOY_BTN30",

[2] = "JOY_BTN31",

[3] = "JOY_BTN32",

},

},

[2] = {

["key"] = "JOY_BTN19",

},

},

["name"] = "Nosewheel Steering Button",

},

I added those modifiers to the both lua files (wh and kb) to "d3004pnilu3004cd7vd1vpnilvu0", but I get the same result:

["d3004pnilu3004cd7vd1vpnilvu0"] = {

<...>

["name"] = "Nosewheel Steering Button",

},

No need to change the lua files. Just follow the instructions on page 18 of the Setup PDF.