Waypoint number indication

Hunter Joker

It is a long-standing issue with the MiG-29... the navigation panel is not working...it is on the right next to the RWR. It is animated in the model so I hope we will get in some future version.

It should work something like the one on the Su-25.

The navigation panel and the chaff/flare counter are in my opinion 2 last things missing in the MiG as is, apart from that it is great!!! PFM and RWR working gave it a whole new life...

I would love full systems modeling but with just this last two touches, it would make me a happy camper!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

As has already been explained, that's not SUPPOSED to be there and will not be coming back. If you want that capability, fly the Flanker instead. Request features, appropriate to the aircraft if you hope to actually receive them.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The navigation panel and the chaff/flare counter are in my opinion 2 last things missing in the MiG as is, apart from that it is great!!! PFM and RWR working gave it a whole new life...

I would love full systems modeling but with just this last two touches, it would make me a happy camper!

Yes, navigation panel and chaff/flare counter are really needed !

Hi, there's a way to see towards wich waypoint I'm going?

I didn't found anything, in the HUD there's nothing and if I get caught in a fight at the end I can only guess the waypoint towards to I must navigate.

Thx.

P.S. Forgive my bad English....

Waypoint number will be added to HUD in a future patch.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
It is a long-standing issue with the MiG-29... the navigation panel is not working...it is on the right next to the RWR. It is animated in the model so I hope we will get in some future version.

It should work something like the one on the Su-25.

+1 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• 5 months later...

My guess is that it will stay that way until a modder will take on that matter. Until then you have two workaround options: the knee board which is quite useful for getting a guess which waypoint is selected, or using the NS430 navigation unit which is pretty cool for that purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Yah, it would be awesome if the actual navigation panel and countermeasure panel showed data. Certainly a better solution than simply adding a waypoint counter to the HUD, but I'm not holding out hope for that.

I didn't realize that the NS 430 was available as an overlay for FC3 aircraft. I may have to buy that in some future sale...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

While we wait for ED to add a waypoint indication, a workaround is to use the course line, which always indicates the required course TO the selected waypoint to determine which one you’re heading to.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

While we wait for ED to add a waypoint indication, a workaround is to use the course line, which always indicates the required course TO the selected waypoint to determine which one you’re heading to.

Yah, that could help depending on waypoint layout. My problem is always after an engagement and mission is complete figuring out which waypoint is selected and where I am so I can turn to home. In the MiG-29 of course I always want to be doing this as quickly and efficiently as possible so I don't run out of gas!

I bought the NS430 in the big sale, and it's made flying the MiG-29 a whole lot easier, now I have an interactive moving map with waypoint lines and airports! It's also pretty nice in the F-15C.