Trim Problem?

Xordus

I can't figure this out. When I use the trim button (hat on stick) I get no response from the stick or ailerons. Nothing moves. The Trim doesn't change but the trimmer hat is animating as if it were doing it's job. I do get the light indicating 'takeoff-trim' but, like I said, the stick doesn't move, the ailerons are dormant, and its quite noticable in flight that trim isn't working.

WHAT IS GOING ON!?? I found another thread claiming the same thing from multiple people but there was no resolution.

I wonder if there is a conflict with the buttons that are mapped in your control profile? Check it. I Just dl'd DCS world Beta and had my TrackIR turned off, then loaded my profile from the stable version. The spreadsheet loaded out of whack because my TrackIR was not on. Things got duplicated and loaded into the wrong device column. Also, the proper looking trim switch is often a POV hat and may not map right despite what you do. I have an old HOTAS Cougar and keep the trim hat as POV and use the side thumb hat as trim. It works but you need to lean on it, with light, click, and all to get it to wind properly. I can trim for landing just fine with it, flaps and gear down. the stick should not move, the surfaces should not move, but the trim tabs should if modeled that way. I never looked. The flying stab with elevators is all I've seen in detail.

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Hehe, my track ir was acting up lately. I'ts a 4pro and rather old. I had broken the mounting post and jury rigged it with a bent paperclip and tape. It was cutting out on me the last month or two. Now it's caput. Just ordered a new one. No effect on trim. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• 2 weeks later...

I got similar problem but it depend if Force Feedback is ON or OFF.

With FF ON trim work only on game stick ( hat is moving and change very slowly stick position ) but horizontal stabilazer doesn't change position at all.

With FF OFF trim work as should - game stick and horizontal stabilizer move up and down as it should.

Strangly i found that with FF ON F-86 fly much stable for me, keep better energy, less oscilation. Much better plane to fly even without correct trim working.

When i disable FF plane fly much worse, less stable, much more energy bleeding, like i was flying different plane even if trim work as should