M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #21
Teeter
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlaxoxo View Post
{down = 3454, up = 3454, cockpit_device_id = 16, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Navigation Lights DIM'), category = _('External Illumination')},

New bind for DIM Option
Added. Thanks, Rlaxoxo.

Programming
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #22
Sacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Thanks. Any chance you could do the same for the A-10C?
Gotta look on that one as the navigation lights on the A-10C irritate me aswell, I'm thinking about reworking the UH-1H too, but the thing is that each aircraft are made differently regarding textures and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britchot
I agree, the Navs in DCS are too much, however, I want to make sure you're not being mislead by this statement. All aircraft must have position lights to assist in visual separation, ICAO governs this requirement. By having a red light on the left wing, it shows oncoming aircraft from the left that they must yeild. Just because they're military aircraft doesn't make them any different. However, they do have a low intensity option that most civil aircraft do not and if they do not wish to be seen in a tactical environment, they will turn them off.
This is another topic mate, I'm aware of this though, the issue was based on the fact that navigation lights renders on DCS are unrealistic and shoudn't be that visible at noon. As follow, this is how my mod renders out at noon time with a sweet SKC CAVOK.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3
MSI Gaming V - LEPA 700W Gold
Seagate SSHD 1To - Track IR Pro 4
MSI Geforce GTX 970 - Zalman Z11 HF1 Plus
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 AM   #23
Britchot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
This is another topic mate, I'm aware of this though, the issue was based on the fact that navigation lights renders on DCS are unrealistic and shoudn't be that visible at noon. As follow, this is how my mod renders out at noon time with a sweet SKC CAVOK.

Like I mentioned, I totally agree and I'll be adding this mod to my game, it looks fantastic.

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB
double-sided
5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive
JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist
Britchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #24
Sacha

29/07/2016 - Mod added to ED's User Files Library.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Old 07-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #25
Kreye

Quote:
29/07/2016 - Mod added to ED's User Files Library.
Does that me mean we can use it on integrety check servers?
Kreye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #26
Rlaxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreye View Post
Just because mod was added there it doesn't have anything to do with the IC

And no this mod doesn't brake IC

Youtube
Reddit
Rlaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #27
Sacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreye View Post
Yes you can.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Old 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
Schwarzfeld

Sacha -

Excellent mod, big improvement over the stock stuff.

Since I'm an avid texture artist... I would love to do a nav lights fix for all other aircraft, but as I browse the other directories, it looks like most of the acft use a generic light texture from somewhere (I'm assuming) in the Bazar/Textures directory... any chance you'd be up for working with me on making a nav lights fix pack for DCS overall?
Schwarzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #29
Sacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzfeld View Post
Sacha -

Excellent mod, big improvement over the stock stuff.

Since I'm an avid texture artist... I would love to do a nav lights fix for all other aircraft, but as I browse the other directories, it looks like most of the acft use a generic light texture from somewhere (I'm assuming) in the Bazar/Textures directory... any chance you'd be up for working with me on making a nav lights fix pack for DCS overall?
Hello mate, first of all thank you very much. It would be my pleasure to work with you, I think we should talk in private about this. As I said, each modules seems to be managed differently regarding the light system. Fixing RAZBAM lights was kinda easy as it was almost self explanatory, but official DCS modules seems to be a bit trickier. I had quickly look into the A10C files and I couldn't find the matching texture. However, the A10C lights aren't that bad but they tend to form a halo just like all modules on DCS while you dezoom which is absurd, so I dunno if those can be improved or if it's hard coded. For sure, FC3 aircrafts definetely need a huge rework, moreover those aircrafts are the ones the most played on DCS so I guess they deserved the priority.

I'll send you some of my informations in private so we can discuss this togheter and try the figure out things on the subject.

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on YouTube
Old 08-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #30
Schwarzfeld

Quote:
Hello mate, first of all thank you very much. It would be my pleasure to work with you, I think we should talk in private about this. As I said, each modules seems to be managed differently regarding the light system. Fixing RAZBAM lights was kinda easy as it was almost self explanatory, but official DCS modules seems to be a bit trickier. I had quickly look into the A10C files and I couldn't find the matching texture. However, the A10C lights aren't that bad but they tend to form a halo just like all modules on DCS while you dezoom which is absurd, so I dunno if those can be improved or if it's hard coded. For sure, FC3 aircrafts definetely need a huge rework, moreover those aircrafts are the ones the most played on DCS so I guess they deserved the priority.

I'll send you some of my informations in private so we can discuss this togheter and try the figure out things on the subject.
Agreed 100%, after seeing your mod I've been looking through the various other module directories and while I can identify a few aircraft with nav light textures on their skin texture, the vast majority seem to be calling the alpha and dds both from somewhere else... looking forward to working with you!
Schwarzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas tree, m2000c, mirage 2000, navigation lights