Vapour modelling.

BlazingTrigger

Hello all,

A little part of me is extremely curious as to whether vapour would be modelled more completely in future updates. Obviously we have wingtip vortices but I was wondering how difficult and how plausible it’d be to model wing vapour clouds when pulling High-G turns.(see attachment) speed.thumb.jpg.b87fa34b76711459aa4bb69f73b80a7c.jpg I look forward to peoples opinions and thoughts as it’d be pretty cool to have this modelled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all,

A little part of me is extremely curious as to whether vapour would be modelled more completely in future updates. Obviously we have wingtip vortices but I was wondering how difficult and how plausible it’d be to model wing vapour clouds when pulling High-G turns.(see attachment) [ATTACH]171086[/ATTACH] I look forward to peoples opinions and thoughts as it’d be pretty cool to have this modelled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked this back when the mirage came out as it clearly states over wing vapour

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/m2000c/

I hope it's in 2.5;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I don't believe we can have ALL the nice features everyone desires and then NOT have a significant effect on FPS. There is no free lunch and until such time as our hardware is able to provide the power + to achieve acceptable FPS, I fear we simply cannot have it all.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I don't believe we can have ALL the nice features everyone desires and then NOT have a significant effect on FPS. There is no free lunch and until such time as our hardware is able to provide the power + to achieve acceptable FPS, I fear we simply cannot have it all.
No offense but im not sure what your pc spec is. But I'm sure most can handle vapour ;)

Like in bms, fsx, P3d ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

No offense but im not sure what your pc spec is. But I'm sure most can handle vapour ;)

Like in bms, fsx, P3d ;)

I'm waiting.. And waiting.. When this happens it's a one Sim all my money goes to

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

One of the things I have been waiting on for years. I cannot believe it still is not in game yet after all this time. Maybe 2.5 we will see it arrive finally. Fingers crossed but hope supply is spent on this missing feature.

Not sure why it is too much to add particle emitters to some surfaces, and then start tweaking effects produced based on Airspeed, AoA..etc. As Weather is not really done well humidity should not be a concern at least on outset I feel. We can spit contrails out of jet engines currently.. wing/surface vapour effect is not far off that though some turbulence/variable real time response would be needed for a good effect. At least start somewhere. Right now we are nowhere.

Edited by Torso

ED needs to just fix the current wingtip vapor first... it's steadily grown worse since first added. There needs to be more control over when it appears, and the geometry it follows.

Agree!

Just one after another :yes:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

My point was that ED simply cannot give us everything we desire and still have the sim playable on most hardware today. And VR is even a greater challenge. With my specs clearly stated in my signature, I can run things pretty much on "high" settings, but even my system is reaching the point where I am looking forward to the merge when the sim is supposed to be more "optimised". Only time will tell for that issue, but there is really a limit to just how much "eye candy" can be implemented without finding yourself viewing a slideshow. One need only look at the post regarding "performance" issues currently on the 3 different releases. Heck, I'll gladly take all ED can give us in the form of "eye candy" but I prefer it not be at the expense of FPS. No offense. That's simply my one person view.

• Like 1

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

My point was that ED simply cannot give us everything we desire and still have the sim playable on most hardware today. And VR is even a greater challenge. With my specs clearly stated in my signature, I can run things pretty much on "high" settings, but even my system is reaching the point where I am looking forward to the merge when the sim is supposed to be more "optimised". Only time will tell for that issue, but there is really a limit to just how much "eye candy" can be implemented without finding yourself viewing a slideshow. One need only look at the post regarding "performance" issues currently on the 3 different releases. Heck, I'll gladly take all ED can give us in the form of "eye candy" but I prefer it not be at the expense of FPS. No offense. That's simply my one person view.

100% with you on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

The effect has a priority that means it will be worked on at some point...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

As much as i would like vapor to appear over a wing im pretty sure it would be just a gimmick as the wing tip vapor is right now, I rather much prefer to have "humidity" simulated in game.

Currently we have Temperature, Altitude, Wind simulated.

But lacking Humidity we wont have realistic wing vapour, wing tip contrails and my most important and missing feature in climate Icing Conditions.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Vapour modelling.

I believe the effects are going to be expanded for the Hornet, so I would assume the Hornet is the test bed for these type of effects...

The wingtip vortices on the latest Harrier screenshots during vertical takeoff look great.

/s

I hope that when these effects are "improved", that ED will completely revamp the current implementation of wingtip vortices in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• ED Team
As much as i would like vapor to appear over a wing im pretty sure it would be just a gimmick as the wing tip vapor is right now, I rather much prefer to have "humidity" simulated in game.

Currently we have Temperature, Altitude, Wind simulated.

But lacking Humidity we wont have realistic wing vapour, wing tip contrails and my most important and missing feature in climate Icing Conditions.

If I understand ED's goals, this is the case, that the vapour would be generated based on weather conditions and not scripted.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I would like to have that sound barrier cone vapor to go along with this. It would be cool to have that as well.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

So here is a WIP image from Wags in the Hornet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171448&d=1509544471

A well-known visual characteristic of the Hornet has always been the vaps down the length of the Leading Edge Extension (LEX) during hard maneuvering. As has been eluded to earlier, we’ve been working on a new effect to properly implement this in DCS World. Rather than a simple shape file, we’ve used a partical-based system to allow the vaps to be very dynamic and variable based on aircraft maneuvering and the humidity. Not only are vaps based on the AoA of the aircraft, the humidity level is also a huge factor. In addition this effect working along the LEX, it is also being used for over the wings when appropriate.

Attached is an early work in progress image of this effect.

In addition to the Hornet, we plan to apply this effect to other aircraft, and this tech has been passed to our 3rd parties to use for their aircraft.