By way of an update - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
grunf

Reputation power: 12
grunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nice

Thank you for the update!
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Magic Zach

Reputation power: 1
Magic Zach will become famous soon enoughMagic Zach will become famous soon enough

Awesome guys!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #13
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the update! I really appreaciate it!

Neither the Hawk nor the P-40 appeal to me as an aircraft, but I might give the P-40 a try eventually. Unlike the Hawk it's a real combat aircraft and I really like how you VEAO-guys are trying to make it as true to life as possible. Especially all the hydraulic modeling and now the randomized engine starting is really appealing to me. Great work!

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #14
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post
Thank you for the update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
Awesome guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Thanks for the update! I really appreaciate it!

Neither the Hawk nor the P-40 appeal to me as an aircraft, but I might give the P-40 a try eventually. Unlike the Hawk it's a real combat aircraft and I really like how you VEAO-guys are trying to make it as true to life as possible. Especially all the hydraulic modeling and now the randomized engine starting is really appealing to me. Great work!
You're welcome guys

Pman
Old 10-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #15
comie1

Reputation power: 9
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
Work is continuing on Hawk now, we just hope to divert more resources to the re-work in early 2018.

Things like the PBR update I would expect to hit for sure in 2017!

Pman
Sorry I understood this, I should have been clearer; the brunt of the underlying HAWK 2.0 re-work will be completed in 2018 I imagine?
Am I correct is saying current issues such as the brakes stuck on, UFC radio, Aim 9 tone and damage issues will most likely be pushed back to 2018?

Cheers,
Old 10-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by comie1 View Post
Sorry I understood this, I should have been clearer; the brunt of the underlying HAWK 2.0 re-work will be completed in 2018 I imagine?
Am I correct is saying current issues such as the brakes stuck on, UFC radio, Aim 9 tone and damage issues will most likely be pushed back to 2018?

Cheers,
Yes pretty much all those except the brake issue (which we haven't replicated internally yet) will be in 2018.

Everytime we have tried to replicate the brake issue we haven't experienced it.

Pman
Old 10-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #17
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 86
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

have users submitted tracks of the brake issue?
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #18
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
have users submitted tracks of the brake issue?
Not that I have seen no, There was some speculation that it was tied to the mission but when provided by people suffering with this none of us were able to replicate.

Pman
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #19
comie1

comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Pman.
I'll have a look at the brake issue again tomorrow and see if I can submit more details.

Last edited by comie1; 10-10-2017 at 04:57 PM.
comie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #20
Rudel_chw

Rudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
P-40 ... We have a couple of more advanced features that we'd like to add to the module, we haven't decided if they will be added before or during Beta. More on those in the next couple of months.

I'm glad that this bird's development is coming along ... hope you can release it soon

Quote:
Ok, So Hawk.
.. One thing we do hope to push to Hawk sooner rather than later is the new PBR cockpit textures.

I'd love to get these new cockpit before the end of the year as it's actually the least attractive aspect of this little airplane.

Thanks a lot for the update.
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote