Business update and outcome - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice
Default Business update and outcome

Following a shareholders meeting with our investors this week, development of modules for DCS was high on the agenda amongst other business development items.

Following the recent activity in regards to contract renewals for specific aircraft modules we were in the process of developing and heavily invested in, the following conclusions were made regarding moving forward with DCS module development:

DCS will no longer be our primary development platform.

That said; we are committed to getting Hawk out of early access and released as soon as possible. This will involve updated PBR cockpit textures, bug fixes for major systems, bugs recorded internally with ED and any found with future DCS patches as ongoing maintenance.

Development of P-40F for DCS will resume but will not take precedence of development over other platforms. We maintain that we do not expect to release P-40F prior to 2.5 and a release schedule will be confirmed when the module is ready for beta.

When P-40F is ready for review in DCS; we will, as previously agreed with TFC arrange an acceptance demonstration with a view of releasing the aircraft to you, the public.

Development work on our other aircraft will no longer continue for DCS.

If, at a suitable time, we however convert these assets for DCS we will confirm this in due course when the aircraft is ready for release, not during its development cycle.

Chris and I along with the entire VEAO family appreciate the support of the DCS Community during this time and continuing into the future of our modules in DCS world.

Pete
Old 08-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #2
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 47
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Appreciate the Info. Sad News, but understandable to a certain point.
I sincerely hope to see the Eurofighter Typhoon in DCS one day and fingers crossed the P-40F will work out for you guys.
It was an amazing plane when I flew it at Duxford two years ago.

maybe DCS World 2.5 can prove to be a stable platform and attract conversions for the other aircraft you have under development.

A real pity it has taken this course... See you around.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 45
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the other platforms, and P-40 too, I am looking forward to flying it in DCS. Hopefully it will happen after 2.5 as you guys said.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 08-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
javelina1

Reputation power: 19
javelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of light

bummer, but such is life (and business).

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
Old 08-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #5
grunf

Reputation power: 12
grunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nice

Really sad news . Hope things will change some day and you'll shift your focus to DCS once again. Anyway I wish you best of luck!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 34
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the heads up. I can't say it was unexpected outcome.

I wish you success with other platforms.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
Rudel_chw

Reputation power: 9
Rudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really nice

It's a pity ... I really had hopes that you would be able to fix things with ED and continue working on the P-40, as well as the Hawk.

I own the Hawk, and even if nowadays I actually dont fly much with it, I was always hopeful that you would eventually fully fix it.

Wish you all the best with this new business direction,
Best regards.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #8
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

This should be a single locked post and stickied to the top imo.
Nothing to actually discuss between forum members, but it is important news.

That said, it is a shame as there were a couple of future modules I was looking forward to.

Last edited by Buzzles; 08-18-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
Ahmed

Reputation power: 0
Ahmed is on a distinguished road

If only I had the same eye for buying lottery than I do for predicting when a developer is not going to meet their goals...
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #10
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 47
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

What platform is going to be your primary now?

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Closed Thread