Q&A Spitfire Mk XIV - Page 35 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #341
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 14
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Well if it has the clipped wing, yeah turn performance is going to suffer. (Not much, but still)
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #342
rel4y

Reputation power: 3
rel4y will become famous soon enoughrel4y will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
Interesting, this photo of RM785 does not have squadron codes or a/c code on it so it most likely was taken prior to delivery to the squadron on 22 Oct 44. It looks like a factory photo typical of the time. It does not appear to have been issued to any other squadron and went form 30MU to 401 on that date. RM787 to RM793 were delivered to 41 Squadron at Lympne on the 26 and 27th of August 44 as was RM770 so it appears that there was a delay for some reason in delivering RM785. Maybe it was used for some testing which is why we have a photo of it without markings prior to delivery.
Are you sure you got the dates right? Cause I read that RM785 was transferred 19.04.45 to 401S and crashed about a month later 22.05.45. I am pretty sure that apart from receiving a few Mk XIVs in 4-5/45, 401S was flying Mk IXs exclusively during that period. (later also Mk XVI) From what I read RM784/785 were used for testing the new canopy at Boscombe Down.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #343
westr

Reputation power: 10
westr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nice

Sad to see the Spitfire not developed as a lot of work had been done by the look of things and the cockpit looked great.
Closed Thread