VIDEO OF F-35s along side a MUSTANG; "COBRA", ETC!!! WORTH THE VIEW

BRAIN DEAD--F22s NOT F35s...lesson learned..never post while wife is yelling at you...dangerous to accuracy!!!

I'm posting a link to an AWESOME Video which has more than F-22s and is different than any other video w F22s I've ever seen...considering the exercise at the base occurred only last week thought would share it...The Video was posted on March 27, 2019...what makes this video different??? It's not an air show...It's from an active USAF Base in Alaska...The 1st 5 minutes is basically just taxing then it gets interesting after showing F-22s in an Elephant walk..but everything after is the REAL REASON I'M SHARING..in fact can fast forward to around 5:25 minute mark or so is a quick COBRA but then if keep watching will see what I call a modified cobra maneuver is ~6:04...after that is handful of different things I've never seen including an F-22 flying alongside a WarBird...a prestige Mustang no less...any case..Wasn't sure where to Post so apologize if in wrong area..I'm new to DCS..Believe most will enjoy...Disclosure...IT IS NOT MY VID...I just stumbled across it and wanted to share...I saw it on You-Tube...Title of Video is:

Two Dozen F-22 Raptor Showcase Overwhelming Combat Airpower During Elephant

Walk

Link:

It looks to be filmed by a civilian or maybe ground crew...The Weather that day was not severe clear..due to being Alaska can't tell if early morning, sunset or what time of day it is..but looks very cold w snow everywhere--also no commentary, no annoying noises, no crowds, no fanfare...just someone w a handheld regular camera...really cool though...hope all enjoy who view it

Edited by Cpt. Oscar Mike

THX--I REALIZED MY ERROR AFTER THE FACT--

I did make an error in typing...I was severely distracted by an irate:thumbup: wife..so my bad...

THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICS YOU HAVE THOUGH...GREAT PICS... WOULD love to see that in person...truly amazing to me...I was amazed how much larger the F22 is vs the MUSTANG...didn't realize that...

Any case, I did notice the error but before you pointed it out...so thanks for that and for posting pics...still cool IMO:pilotfly:

Alaska doesn’t have a single F-35 yet. The only combat coded base at this time is Hill AFB in Utah. And we did do an elephant walk last November.

I was there when it happened. It was about the dumbest thing I’ve done in the Air Force lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's not a Cobra maneuver. In a Cobra Maneuver traditionally performed by Flankers / Fulcrums the aircraft does not gain altitude as the F-22 did. It was just a high AOA climb.

And also, dude... that Youtube channel is chock full of clickbait videos and true "fake news" its not even funny.

I feel the whole OP was click bait.

Only the users 2nd post..

Maybe some can at least move this to Chit-Chat, it's def not news.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

That's not a Cobra maneuver. In a Cobra Maneuver traditionally performed by Flankers / Fulcrums the aircraft does not gain altitude as the F-22 did. It was just a high AOA climb.

And also, dude... that Youtube channel is chock full of clickbait videos and true "fake news" its not even funny.

While I agree that particular maneuver was not the Cobra the Raptor can easily do the Cobra and others the Flanker couldn't...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

While I agree that particular maneuver was not the Cobra the Raptor can easily do the Cobra and others the Flanker couldn't...

Both have two wings, two rudders, two engines and TVC. Both are subject to the same laws of physics. I don't see how the Raptor in any way could perform a maneuver that the Flanker couldn't.

The Cobra results a small altitude gain during the manoeuvre and loss after regaining the normal flight.

And yes, the F-22 performs only a high AOA climb pull.