[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I've some doubts if DCS exports these data but I'll put it on my todo list...
No, just a wish, not a priority :-)

Thou feel some kind of feedback, just haven't figured out which or if it simply piggyback on some other setting

A part of NOSIG

f410.

Hi Olaf. I reached out to Andre on a problem I've encountered and he suggested that I contact you for assistance. I, like many others have been waiting for the release of DCS’s F/A-18 Hornet Module and, as soon as it became available, I jumped on board. Since I’m a flight sim enthusiast, I’m into making my siming experience as immersive as possible. Which is why I bought into Andre's fantastic Jet Seat, along with SSA and SSW.

I’ve also built a modest pit exporting instrument panels to four sub monitors arranged below my main screen. I’ve been using Capt. Zeen’s Profile and Helios to replicate the Hornet’s panels as close to reality as possible. After a couple of months troubleshooting – configuring my monitor setup, modifying DCS F-18 .lua scripts and, binding Helios callbacks (not to mention my TM Warthog and Cougar MFD assignments), I’ve finally got everything placed and working as desired.

However, when I run DCS’s F-18 with my Helios profile, my SSA/SSW/Jet Seat doesn’t kick in. My Jet Seat will only work if I set the “DCS Repair Export” radio button. After that my Helios profile callbacks won’t work when in flight. It seems like one won’t work along with the other. I’m no .lua expert but, I believe there’s a conflict between Capt. Zeen’s Export.lua and the SSW Export.lua. I’m not certain whether you’ve had reports from others in the community regarding this situation but, in any event, your input and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

f410.

However, when I run DCS’s F-18 with my Helios profile, my SSA/SSW/Jet Seat doesn’t kick in. My Jet Seat will only work if I set the “DCS Repair Export” radio button. After that my Helios profile callbacks won’t work when in flight. It seems like one won’t work along with the other. I’m no .lua expert but, I believe there’s a conflict between Capt. Zeen’s Export.lua and the SSW Export.lua. I’m not certain whether you’ve had reports from others in the community regarding this situation but, in any event, your input and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Could you please attach your export.lua with a working Helios setup? I bet we just need to change the order of some lines...

Hi,

I just thinking about invest in simshaker and chair JetSeat, just looking around, read... and correct me if I'm wrong there are two options:

Realteus ForceFeel: https://eu.realteus.com/products/forcefeel

GAMETRIX JETSEAT KW-901: https://andres.shop/jetseat/16-64-jetseat-kw-901.html

I plan use in just for DCS (anyway it is only one game I play) I read some reviews that Realteus do not support DCS (what is a true, people are lazy to use SSA insteed Realteus apps/software or it really do not work with DCS)

Anyway any opinion which seat you recommend? Any difference between them?

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Hi,

I just thinking about invest in simshaker and chair JetSeat, just looking around, read... and correct me if I'm wrong there are two options:

Realteus ForceFeel: https://eu.realteus.com/products/forcefeel

GAMETRIX JETSEAT KW-901: https://andres.shop/jetseat/16-64-jetseat-kw-901.html

I plan use in just for DCS (anyway it is only one game I play) I read some reviews that Realteus do not support DCS (what is a true, people are lazy to use SSA insteed Realteus apps/software or it really do not work with DCS)

Anyway any opinion which seat you recommend? Any difference between them?

Realteus ForceFeel works with DCS, X-Plane and P3D using SimShaker for Aviators software.

Why some ForceFeel users keep complaining about other software serial numbers and stuff is beyond me.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

f410

BTW, I've got both SSA and SSW. Which one should I be using? Additionally, I've also got the Buttkicker G2. I just purchased the Sound Module and also have Voicemeter loaded (not Bannana). Can you offer recommendations for these add-ons? Can't wait to fly with everthing up and running.

Thanks a-bunch,

Mike "Mad Max"

Sys Specs:

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz 4.01, 32 Gb Cosair Vengence RAM, Z170A Gaming Pro MOBO, ASUS (2x) Nvidia GTX 970’s 4Gb OC Edition, DELL U3415W 34” Curved Screen Monitor, LG IPS LED 32” Monitor (1920x1080), ASUS VT207 19.5” Touch Screen Monitor, MIMO UM-760C (Capacitive) 7” USB Touch Screen Monitor, Samsung Galaxy TAB A 10.1” Touch Screen Android Tablet, TM Cougar HOTAS & TM Warthog HOTAS (using Warthog FCS & Cougar TQS w/ TUSBA TQS R2), TM Rudder Pedals & SIMPED-Vario Rudder Pedals w/RUSBA R2. (using TM Rudder), TM Cougar MFD’s (3x) , Viper Gear ICP V1.7, Track IR 5, Corsair VOID RGB SE 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Headset, Andre’s Gametrix Jet Seat W-908, BMS U5, DCS World (Multiple Modules and Theaters) , BMS, X-Plane, MSFSX, P3D, YAME, HELIOS, TM Target GUI, Voice Attack, Vaicom, VMT, Simshaker Wings & Simshaker for Aviators, Buttkicker Gamer 2. Air Force Playseat.

f410

BTW, I've got both SSA and SSW. Which one should I be using? Additionally, I've also got the Buttkicker G2. I just purchased the Sound Module and also have Voicemeter loaded (not Bannana). Can you offer recommendations for these add-ons? Can't wait to fly with everthing up and running.

Thanks a-bunch,

Mike "Mad Max"

Hey Mike,

So, it's a bit complicated. Why we have SSA and SSW can be read in one of my statements in the first post of this thread...

TLDR:

SSA(Freeware) -> DCS, XPlane, FSX, P3D

SSW(Payware) -> Other Sims...

The SoundModule (payware) is used to produce the bass sounds for your shaker. So SSA reads the data from DCS, calculates what effect with which setting should be played and then says the sound module what to play...

You can merge your game sound with the bass sound produced by the SoundModule. I wrote a small tutorial ages ago:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

I'll have a look at the files you provided over the weekend...

Hi Olaf:

Thanks for your clarification on the SSA and SSW distinction and, pointing me in the right direction for setting up my shaker. I've been reading so many threads and posts over the last couple of months that my head is about to explode. Again, I've got Voicemeter and not the Banana version. I'll tinker with the SoundModule download this weekend to see if it works with the generic Voicemeter and if not, I'll upgrade to Banana. BTW, I also made a donation to VM. It's a great piece of kit. In any event, I really appreciate your spending precious time to review my lua files. Can't really begin to express my thanks. Chat soon.

Mike

Hi Olaf:

Thanks for your clarification on the SSA and SSW distinction and, pointing me in the right direction for setting up my shaker. I've been reading so many threads and posts over the last couple of months that my head is about to explode. Again, I've got Voicemeter and not the Banana version. I'll tinker with the SoundModule download this weekend to see if it works with the generic Voicemeter and if not, I'll upgrade to Banana. BTW, I also made a donation to VM. It's a great piece of kit. In any event, I really appreciate your spending precious time to review my lua files. Can't really begin to express my thanks. Chat soon.

Mike

Could you try this export.lua? Otherwise I must investigate a bit more time... Your export.lua is a bit chaotic ;)

Export.lua

Hey hello, I am new to this forum.

Now the SSA seems to be officially released, but I do not have any information yet, how the experiences with Xplane 11 are.

I tried everything but I am not satisfied with it and I am far away from the overwhelmed posts, how the feeling with this Forcefeel seat shall be.

First of all I fly helicopter (mostly Bell 407) in Xplane 11 with VR and Komodo controls.

Now my experience:

Best way to indicate my problem is shut the door of the helicopter and recognize the vibration matching to the visual closing door. The vibration is about 0,5 - 1 second delayed. So the great feeling is almost gone.

When flying a bank, the Bell 407 gets the realistic blade slap which is really good simulated. Normally you feel this in the helicopter as well, but not really much with this current SSA setup.

Sometimes it would feel more realistic in sound mod!

Some guys mentioned in other forums, that the gametrix Jetseat in combination with XP11 makes a hover with the helicopter much better, because they feel the movement of the helicopter.

All this I still missing in my case, though I feel the vibration very clear and can set it via the sliders in SSA - so it is working anyway.

It feels like it is currently only set up for DCS, and not for Xplane. No posts regarding Xplane yet.

Can anybody help me, or can share their experiences?

Thanks a lot!

Regards Andre

Hi guys,

Can someone refresh me on how to force and update on SSA beta? It was working just fine until recently. I just added Voice Attack and Viacom and suspect the LUA may have gotten screwed up or something. My SSA stable works fine (hadn't used it in awhile so when I started the program it autoupdated). I suspect if I reupdate my beta it too will work.

Currently I open the program and it immediately closes down.

Thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I've switched out my Export.lua and replaced it with yours. Still no joy. I don't have a clue on what's preventing my Helios Profile from working along side my Jet Seat. But again, thanks for your continued efforts to help remedy this issue.

Ok, I'll have another look over the weekend. Maybe there is another user of Helios and SSA here who can help? Did you ask the Helios devs?

Hey hello, I am new to this forum.

Now the SSA seems to be officially released, but I do not have any information yet, how the experiences with Xplane 11 are.

I tried everything but I am not satisfied with it and I am far away from the overwhelmed posts, how the feeling with this Forcefeel seat shall be.

First of all I fly helicopter (mostly Bell 407) in Xplane 11 with VR and Komodo controls.

Now my experience:

Best way to indicate my problem is shut the door of the helicopter and recognize the vibration matching to the visual closing door. The vibration is about 0,5 - 1 second delayed. So the great feeling is almost gone.

When flying a bank, the Bell 407 gets the realistic blade slap which is really good simulated. Normally you feel this in the helicopter as well, but not really much with this current SSA setup.

Sometimes it would feel more realistic in sound mod!

Some guys mentioned in other forums, that the gametrix Jetseat in combination with XP11 makes a hover with the helicopter much better, because they feel the movement of the helicopter.

All this I still missing in my case, though I feel the vibration very clear and can set it via the sliders in SSA - so it is working anyway.

It feels like it is currently only set up for DCS, and not for Xplane. No posts regarding Xplane yet.

Can anybody help me, or can share their experiences?

Thanks a lot!

Regards Andre

Hey Andre,

the XP11 support is not as good as DCS. The main reason is, I don't own a lot of XP stuff... But on the .org forums there is a dedicated thread for SSA. We could use this or you can write me an email to discuss everything...

Hi guys,

Can someone refresh me on how to force and update on SSA beta? It was working just fine until recently. I just added Voice Attack and Viacom and suspect the LUA may have gotten screwed up or something. My SSA stable works fine (hadn't used it in awhile so when I started the program it autoupdated). I suspect if I reupdate my beta it too will work.

Currently I open the program and it immediately closes down.

Thanks, Jason

In SSA there's a 'repair export.lua' function, did you try that?

Cheers

F40,

I'm unclear where to find the repair export LUA function. Is it in the program itself? Because I cannot keep the program open long enough to access anything in it. It opens and then immediately closes in the programs window.

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

F40,

I'm unclear where to find the repair export LUA function. Is it in the program itself? Because I cannot keep the program open long enough to access anything in it. It opens and then immediately closes in the programs window.

Yeah it's in the application... I could imagine that something, maybe your AV, software removed some parts from the application... So you might try to reinstall the application. I'm currently on the road and don't have the links to the installer with me. But it should be here just a few pages back...

Thanks F410.

I went to uninstall it and it gave me the option to modify it or restore it or something. I did that and it now works like a charm. Problem solved.

Thanks for your quick replies as always. Be safe On the road.

It’s strange how bland and vanilla it feels to fly without SSA when you are used to it being there haha

Jason

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Yesterday I bought my first helo, the Huey.

I love the negative G effect when you pitch down after going over an obstacle.

Thank you again for this piece of software.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I have the Realtus Seat, Been waiting for the official SAA support for DCS, now its out do I install the Control Software from Realtus then SAA ( I want to use it mainly for DCS and XP 11) DO I use my Wings product key?

Windows 10 Pro running on a Alienware 17 R4 with I7 Kabylake GTX 1080 32 Gig RAM

Thx in advance

I have the Realtus Seat, Been waiting for the official SAA support for DCS, now its out do I install the Control Software from Realtus then SAA ( I want to use it mainly for DCS and XP 11) DO I use my Wings product key?

Windows 10 Pro running on a Alienware 17 R4 with I7 Kabylake GTX 1080 32 Gig RAM

Thx in advance

Wings has nothing to do with SSA. It'S a complete different product, by a different developer for different simulators...

I'm having a problem with simshaker for aviators and the simshaker sound module. Coming straight off a reboot or a fresh login, everything works fine and I get effects like flaps going up/down.

But after my computer has gone through a sleep/wake cycle and if I didn't log myself out, then I get an error in the sound module. I'll maybe get a single vibration on flaps movement, if anything at all. Other vibrations/sounds SORT of work like engine or g-effect but they are distorted or amplified.

Logging out and back in, or rebooting fixes the problem and the vibraty goodness is back to normal.

What's the error?

I'm not really getting one? The sounds just aren't firing. I turned on verbose logging, I'm not seeing anything stand out as a problem which is why it's strange.

I should have been clearer when I said I'm getting an error... I'm getting unexpected behavior/failure but no logged error message.

I'll do a full log capture next time I experience the issue.

Edited by FoxTwo

Hi,

it's been several weeks since I have a problem with SSA and DCS.

When I launch DCS and SSA in VR (Pimax 5k +) my helmet loses the tracking once in the cockpit of the plane.

I put the headset out of the detection field of the sensors and puts it on my head it recapts 1 sec and loses the tracking again.

If I run DCS without SSA booted everything works without problems.

I tried several combinations of USB and other connections and the problem is still there.

I have a PXAX 5K + VR headset and a Forcefeel realteus seat.

Someone would have a solution please?