Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats good having great product but hard to buy (out of stock, unavailable etc).

I was thinking the same thing....every time I think about buying one there's none available :dunno::

I did ask this awhile ago, I do hope they get on top of this and end up with plenty available in stock.:)

Looking to getting one myself soon, are we still on for mid April?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I did ask this awhile ago, I do hope they get on top of this and end up with plenty available in stock.:)

Looking to getting one myself soon, are we still on for mid April?

Doubt we will know for sure anytime soon, it was just recently they moved the delay from Feb to April...

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=9860

And that was shortly after the delay that was going to push availability back to Feb.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=8770

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Doubt we will know for sure anytime soon, it was just recently they moved the delay from Feb to April

It is not exactly "they moved".

They were pretty much on right track, and more or less on schedule.

But things are not always under their control :(

The grips are ready except for the original Japanese buttons/slews that take unbelievably long to deliver.

This is a crappy explanation/consolation, I know.

We do have MCGs non-PRO in stock as they take fewer slews but for the PROs we have to wait till the parts arrive.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I'm wondering why they put a slew instead of the regular trim HAT in the first place? I don't know about any aircraft in real life that would need that, Western or Russian. On the contrary, a trim switch should give a tactile feedback to the pilot when activated, which a slew axis does not.

That's about my only concern with the stick, otherwise it looks perfect.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi guys, I am a bit out of the loop considering the state of VKB flight gear. And I have a TM warthog for the moment center mounted on a VPC table mount, and I am considering getting a VKB gunfighter pro to replace it, but I have a few questions :

1. I like my warthog grip a lot. Will it possible to purchase the gunfighter base, TM warthog adapter, and the extension. Without any grips?

2. If this is not possible I might consider buying a gunfighter pro with KG12 grip to switch up with warthog when I play WW2 planes. Do we have an idea of when this will be available in the Europe shop? Last news on the 14feb was saying they would be more news the next week, still no news?

3. I have a 3d printed tailpiece (thx debolestis!) on my Warthogto have it offset 15deg for center mount. If using the warthog grip on the gunfighter is it possible to have a 15deg offset ?

4.How does the gunfighter pro (extension) behaves with a heavier warthog metal grip ?

5. With the extension is it possible to use VPC gunfighter pro on the VPC table mount, in a center position on a regular chair ? or is it too high ?

If anyone can answer my questions, thank you very much !

That was a great video review! It's interesting that he suggests using the heavier cams is not consistent with reality. Why is that?

Kind of unsure whether I'm getting you right, so replying to what I understood in your question.

He sees the whole thing from the point of a professional pilot. No matter how much we all care about copying the "real" feelings of the virtual controls, there is and will always be some difference.

Besides, different planes have different tactile feeling. Moreover, joysticks with 'regular' mechanics cannot fully simulate the real flight feeling. To make it happen, there is to this day the only solution, which is called forced feedback. There are some in the market, for exorbitant price.

We're working on forced feedback, too. However, it is still long way, and too early to announce anything.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Thanks, I was just commenting on his statement that you can use the heavier cams "if you're not too worried about realism", or something like that. I guess my question is, is it mandatory to use the larger cams if you are using the grip extension.

Great to hear there is R&D working toward a force feedback system. Meanwhile, I expect I'll get many years out of the Gunfighter!

Thanks, I was just commenting on his statement that you can use the heavier cams "if you're not too worried about realism", or something like that. I guess my question is, is it mandatory to use the larger cams if you are using the grip extension.

Great to hear there is R&D working toward a force feedback system. Meanwhile, I expect I'll get many years out of the Gunfighter!

He meant the hard center detent cams - with a noticeable center "bump" (#30 cams) which doesn't feel as real. The default Gunfighter cams are the soft center detent cams (#10), which are smooth and allow for that "realistic" feel, especially when combined with an extension kit (i.e, Gunfighter Pro).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 month later...

Ordered my 4th VKB product on the 17th at about 9pm my time, so pretty much on the 18th. MK2RevB Gunfighter MCG Pro desktop. I have the non-pro desktop Mk2 already, and picked up a Gunfighter MK1 base from Ebay recently very cheaply (160$ USD or so, new in the plastic still, woo). Also have a set of Mk3 rudder Tpeds I got when Jason from IL2 was working with VKB, he sent me a set which had been allocated for media/whatever, the last set in N.A. at that time - very kind, otherwise I'd had to have waited for months for the new Mk4s.

Anyhow, I hadn't heard if my new stick had shipped on Friday, so I shot VKB/Aero an email/PM. Heard back in a few hours (excellent), and they explained due to the move this week I'd probably hear later on in the week my stick had shipped, and would get a tracking number then. Very fair, great comms.

Got an email at 5am today, my shipment had left on the 21st, and has cleared through Cincinati and into Canada, and DHL called with the $ for import/taxes already. Should be here tomorrow or Wed the latest they said. EXTREMELY fast shipping into Canada from VKB on this order, literally a calender week, or 5-6 biz days from order to arrival. That's pretty incredible, probably just got fortunate with timing, but credit where it's due.

Thanks VKB, great comms and everything else on this one. I'll be buying everything else (I buy all new HOTAS equipment anyway as I collect them and mech keyboards both).

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

My unit arrived today. Unable to set it up until tomorrow, but the missus signed for it this morning. Again, ordered on the 18th, order processed and sent on the 21st, it`s in my hands today, the 24th. That's incredible speed IMO, I've waited longer for domestic stuff in my own Province here.

Thanks VKB, good job.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• 2 weeks later...
Because "slew' interest for "Cosmosim" pilots.

There's already another slew hat on the stick though. Two is an overkill even for "cosmosim".

Basically this guy summed it up nicely:

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Raising this thread from the dead, anyone know if they plan on starting production anytime soon?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 5 months later...

Anyone got the correct order of washers, cams, nuts etc for gf mk1 axes? Too much forum reading made me doubt myself. And why not mk2 as well while were at it, if they are any different. I believe there is small difference in how many washers and lock washers there are for mk1 and mk2.

Anyone got the correct order of washers, cams, nuts etc for gf mk1 axes? Too much forum reading made me doubt myself. And why not mk2 as well while were at it, if they are any different. I believe there is small difference in how many washers and lock washers there are for mk1 and mk2.

I think this is what you are looking for.

1245134241_Gunfighterwasher2.thumb.jpg.e2ffdc732544c4470908058dc079d808.jpg

555411687_gunfighterwashers.jpg.d1bef91e606742f88eb2cf1a7e5f0e17.jpg

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I think this is what you are looking for.

Thank you, thats correct. Maybe i used wrong term when speaking of lock washers, but meant spring washers.

This is why I got a bit confused http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3454&sid=cc890db1b258e54981049d5dc988aa28

Theres some difference there, no? Idk if it matters or what led to the change of using 2 lock/spring washers on one axis.

My unit arrived today. Unable to set it up until tomorrow, but the missus signed for it this morning. Again, ordered on the 18th, order processed and sent on the 21st, it`s in my hands today, the 24th. That's incredible speed IMO, I've waited longer for domestic stuff in my own Province here.

Thanks VKB, good job.

You may try to load my profile. Please see topic below.

Enjoy your new stick !

Edited by absolut79

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe

What's the best email to use?

The black box that came with my Gunfighter Pro was faulty when I received it. I have support ticket which is almost two months old but hasn't seen any reply. I was warned by rrohde that the engineers can take a very long time to reply to such things.

I would love to get this sorted before moving (to a different continent) this summer after which matters of support might become more complicated.

Cheers

PM me with full case story, incl ticket number and date, all your correspondence with rrohde, etc.

Is there another place I should be contacting VKB for service? I have a ticket which has been outstanding for 92 days and haven't had any acknowledgment that anyone besides rrohde (who has been exceedingly responsive but doesn't handle service) has seen it. I haven't received any reply to the pm's I've sent to AeroGato or UIV here on the VKB subforums.

Thanks for any guidance.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2