PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

I only have mounts completed for the Rift, Vive, and Vive Pro. The PCB can be removed and put in other mounts as they become available.

Any chance of Samsung Odyssey+ support? Due to several massive sales recently, I think it’s fair to guess that there are a lot of DCS users who use the Odyssey+. If support isn’t possible right now, is there any chance you might be able to provide some information that we could use to 3D print a mount ourselves?

Thanks! :)

Odyssey looks pretty simple. I mean it looks pretty much flat on top.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hi Miles

For WMR headset users (mine is Lenovo) do you think it is possible to adapt one of the others mounts to our headset by ourselves?

Many thanks for your great work!

Regards

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I wonder if Miles provided one with just a small flat base people could use something like Sugru (Mouldable slow setting glue) people could adapt it to whatever headset they had that wasn’t already supported.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I wonder if Miles provided one with just a small flat base people could use something like Sugru (Mouldable slow setting glue) people could adapt it to whatever headset they had that wasn’t already supported.

This would be a good solution

Just got back from the City and checked this forum, and I have to say, this is great. In the time I was gone, some questions were asked, a problem identified, and a interim solution presented and agreed upon. Thanks for solving the problem, and I will try and do what ever everyone feels is best.

The Rift mount is as about generic as can be, I will just take out the radius and make it flat like Deano suggested. Eventually I will have all of the HMDs modeled, and its easy to snap the PCB out and put it in another mount when they become available.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice, I hope to have this calibration procedure locked in by tomorrow.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hello Miles, what an awesome idea. I hope it is moving forward for you without too much difficulty.

I'm just getting started in the VR world. Will have a Pimax 5K+ fairly soon. Based on what I have read thus far, doesn't look like the product will support the Pimax right now. Any future considerations appreciated.

Thank You.

Best,

David

Intel® Core i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz OC 4.5GHz,G.SkillDDR4-3200,X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF,Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0,WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti(Watercooled AORUS 11GB),H100i Cooler.

NVIDIA Driver:430.64

OS:Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 17763)

Periphials: TM Warthog A10 HOTAS/Throttle,CH Rudder Pedals.

VR:Pimax 5K+,PiTools V1.0.1.129,HMD Firmware V2.1.255.212,

SteamVR V1.1.18

Not sure how precise/solid the HMD mount needs to be for correct FCU calibration, but would using a small velcro patch be a possibility for mounting?

This way it would be easy to reuse everything when switching over to a next gen HMD

(correct me if I'm wrong, but mouldable slow setting glue sounds a bit "one way ticket")

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

There only a few units out to testers who have been providing feedback. I have gone through a few iterations of calibration methods based on their feedback, The general consensus was it was confusing. Los gave me a good idea last night that I added to Joe S's. Production is happening now and I am adding the final touches to the new calibration procedures today.

I am off to NYC now to a viewing party for a Korean Television show. My daughters KPOP crew just got back from Soul and won an International dance competition. I will be back later tonight and hopefully have things locked in so I can start shipping next week. I only have mounts completed for the Rift, Vive, and Vive Pro. The PCB can be removed and put in other mounts as they become available.

Just Look at FireCats list to see where you are, and we will post "now boarding up to row 50, etc.

Miles

Awesome! Thank you Miles! :thumbup::pilotfly:

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

According to the Sugru faq, it is generally removable, but may leave a stain if the surface is porous. Although it’s not actually glue, perhaps it’s better to mold it to shape, remove it to cure, than attach it to the hmd via double sided tape.

I’d still rather have a purpose built solution, though.

Hello Firecat, could you put me on the list too please.

Thank You

Best,

David

Intel® Core i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz OC 4.5GHz,G.SkillDDR4-3200,X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF,Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0,WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti(Watercooled AORUS 11GB),H100i Cooler.

SteamVR V1.1.18

Hello Firecat, Thanks for adding me to the list.

Best,

David

SteamVR V1.1.18

Ths post is getting too close to the bottom of the page.

Given the popularity, it should be made a sticky if you'd ask me

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH