TM F/A-18C STICK

Nospin44

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“By the end of this year” was TM’s pitch at the trade shows over the summer...so still hoping for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Personally, I would go with VKB Gunfighter and Virpil Throttle, myself. If I had the money. :music_whistling:

TM was never that great.

The TM Warthog was the best Joystick for years.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I wonder if TM will sell the grip separately, thus allowing its use on not only a warthog base, but also the bases from VPC and VKB

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I wonder if TM will sell the grip separately, thus allowing its use on not only a warthog base, but also the bases from VPC and VKB

they will....they didn’t announce a bundle with the warthog base

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The best of a poor bunch perhaps, but given the much better engineered gimbals in either the Virpil or VKP sticks, being the best for years says very little.

well said, can't agree more.

I openend my TM Warthog stick recently in order to clean and grease the moving parts.

I was shocked how cheesy and primitive the overall design of the mechanics is.

One shouldn't say "mechanics" it's cheap "plastics" only.

I'll soon buy the Virpil stick.

I openend my TM Warthog stick recently in order to clean and grease the moving parts. I was shocked how cheesy and primitive the overall design of the mechanics is.

One shouldn't say "mechanics" it's cheap "plastics" only.

I'll soon buy the Virpil stick.

It should be noted that the Virpil grip and base costs as much or more than the entire Warthog set, while the Warthog grip is metal.

You can't really expect similar gimbal quality for less than half the price (since I'm sure the Warthog Throttle costs much more to make than the Stick).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It should be noted that the Virpil grip and base costs as much or more than the entire Warthog set, while the Warthog grip is metal.

You can't really expect similar gimbal quality for less than half the price (since I'm sure the Warthog Throttle costs much more to make than the Stick).

Yes, the TM Warthog grip is really solid made of metal. As it's compatible with the Virpil base I'll buy the base only - regardless of any TM version II for the Hornet.

Edited by wernst
update

Personally, I would go with VKB Gunfighter and Virpil Throttle, myself. If I had the money. :music_whistling:

TM was never that great.

Alternatively, once could can go with the VKB or VPC base, and then use the Warthog grip and/or the impending Hornet grip, in combination with the better base...

This is probably more optimal for someone who only flies NATO jets and wants control options to resemble those of the jets he is flying, but also doesn’t want to deal with the mediocre Warthog base/gimbal design.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The TM Warthog was the best Joystick for years.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Still second to the MS SW FFB2, just like any VKB or Virpil device without FFB as well dealwithit.png

TM, VKB and Virpil really need to come up with FFB bases as soon as those utterly disgusting and innovation-killing Immersion "paytents" expire. They aren't getting anything out of them literally for ages anyway. They're just preventing others from creating cool stuff without having any benefit for themselves at all by of doing so. Just like an asshole kid that sits on your toys so you can't play.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think they should have gone with F14 stick. F18 and A10 are so similar, but an F14, that gives TM an opportunity to sell a new throttle/stick bundle. But I guess the market for F18 is bigger.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I was able to use the stick at RIAT this year, and really enjoyed it. It felt very natural and certainly an upgrade from what I'm currently using. The team said they expected a Q4 release.

However, when I made an enquiry direct to TM last month, the response was far more cagey, saying that their 'prototypes' are not available, nor is there any guarantee that they would ever become production models.

Which would be a shame, I'd buy one right away if they do indeed go to market this year.

I think they should have gone with F14 stick. F18 and A10 are so similar, but an F14, that gives TM an opportunity to sell a new throttle/stick bundle. But I guess the market for F18 is bigger.

VKB has the rights to that...Heatblur teased that last year.

F-18 grip design is perfect because it's applicable 1:1 for use with the Hornet and all Eagles, and it a very close proxy for the Harrier (the two hats are flipped for the Harrier, immaterial difference). Further, I believe some of the AH-1's use the same grip...so, plenty of uses for it.

Lastly, IMO I don't find that it's that close to the A-10 design.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

So obviously if I could have the fully hotas setup for the hornet i would rather they do that.. but the A-10 stick is close enough in function to the hornet. I'd way rather have the correct throttles. We need proper AB detent in order to fly the hornet properly and more of the hotas is plain different on the throttle in my opinion.. id like to see both but if i had to pick one, hornet throttles is more important than having a stick that looks correct..

TM F/A-18C STICK

So obviously if I could have the fully hotas setup for the hornet i would rather they do that.. but the A-10 stick is close enough in function to the hornet. I'd way rather have the correct throttles. We need proper AB detent in order to fly the hornet properly and more of the hotas is plain different on the throttle in my opinion.. id like to see both but if i had to pick one, hornet throttles is more important than having a stick that looks correct..

There’s a Hornet throttle available, with proper detents for gate (push through) and IDLE (finger lifts)...it’s not cheap, though.

That with the TM Hornet grip on the base of your choice, and you’ve got it all.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Easy fix on the detent for AB.

Buzz

I have the Shapeways part on the way, that plus some tweaking of the curves = sorted!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: