Buddy Lasing in the KA-50?

MobiSev

Using the KH-25ML it's possible to buddy lase. Make sure you're both on the same laser frequency.

How do you change the laser freq in the Ka-50? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Iirc it's that 3-way switch behind the stick, just below the store panel. It's called 'Laser Code Selector' I think. 3 preconfigured codes can be selected.

Edited by Kappi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

SU-25T has fixed code. 1113.

SU-25A cant use buddy lazing. IIRC it also uses 1113, but for reasons it just doesnt work.

KA-50 programming predates DCS World. It is harcoded and can only use the three settings on the panel and can only lase for other KA-50's

We will see what the future brings for this

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

SU-25T has fixed code. 1113.

SU-25A cant use buddy lazing. IIRC it also uses 1113, but for reasons it just doesnt work.

KA-50 programming predates DCS World. It is harcoded and can only use the three settings on the panel and can only lase for other KA-50's

We will see what the future brings for this

I never did change this laser code selector. So is no way to edit them? Should be mission editor option for that.

I hope they do something in this regards. This simulator is getting boring with this red side full of limitations everywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iirc it's that 3-way switch behind the stick, just below the store panel. It's called 'Laser Code Selector' I think. 3 preconfigured codes can be selected.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Do you know what the 3 codes are?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

as I said. KA-50 predates DCS world.

It is hardcoded into the module. It doesnt use the same lasercode system as the rest of the sim.

In other words. it isnt using any particuloar laser code.

We will have to wait and see if BS3 changes this.

I sincerly hope so

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

as I said. KA-50 predates DCS world.

It is hardcoded into the module. It doesnt use the same lasercode system as the rest of the sim.

In other words. it isnt using any particuloar laser code.

We will have to wait and see if BS3 changes this.

I sincerly hope so

I see, thanks. or some reason I thought the 1113 you mentioned was one of the Ka-50s codes, when it actually was for the Su-25T :doh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Question? In case I am doing buddy lasing for Kh-25ML. It is possible enemy spot my laser from a ground unit with NVG using CA module?

It shouldn't since what you would see with NVG is an IR laser, which operates in a different band than lasers used for weapons guidance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

You "can"...  but the person firing the missile needs to fire it into the laser beam at a pretty low angle so needs to launch from pretty close to the lasing heli.  Because of that it's usefulness is pretty limited.   Basically only useful if you have a few left AND you've had your own laser burn/blown out.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)