Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.8.0 is now available to everyone!

tacview-signature-512x256x24.png

Tacview 1.8.0 is now available to everyone!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 293.0 MB

This year, I worked closely with military partners to improve Tacview for real-life playback and debriefing. Most of these improvements are also relevant to flight simulators and are now available to everyone in this brand-new release.

This includes better support for small and big screens, more UI modularity, the possibility to display local time (at last ;)), as well as a new tool to measure distance between the selected object and any other object or even a point on the ground.

I have also been working hard to improve performance, notably the loading speed of custom textures.

Thanks to the help of my partner BuzyBee, numerous airports and maps are now included in Tacview distribution, Tacview database has been greatly extended, and many 3D models have been integrated. This simplifies the installation process by reducing the need to download and manually install add-ons and asset packs for debriefings.

Right now, I am focusing more on Tacview 2.0. So, if you feed a slow down in Tacview 1.x dev, this means that Tacview 2.0 is progressing faster :thumbup: I am currently working on the core engine which is starting to run on all platforms from cell phones to computers. This first step takes some time, but it is also important, because this will establish a clean base on top of which the rest will be built. The next step will be to port most of Tacview components to the new engine: internal tools, telemetry recorder, installer. Then I will start rewriting Tacview main application.

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• NOTICE: Windows XP is not supported anymore (definitive)
  • DCS: Added support for DCS World dedicated server (proper exporter installation)
  • DCS: Added DCS: Normandy 1944 Map runways
  • DCS: Added DCS: Persian Gulf Map runways
  • DCS: Updated DCS: NEVADA NTTR Map runways
  • BMS: Added support for Falcon BMS 4.34 database format
  • BMS: Integrated Aegean 2.5 for BMS 4.33
  • BMS: Added all BMS Korea airports
  • IL2: All battlefield textures have been integrated in Tacview
  • IL2: Added most IL2 WWI/WWII aircraft to Tacview database
  • Added a brand-new shot log
  • Added an option to automatically pause on shot log events
  • On pause, the current shot log event is now displayed in the 3D view
  • BEGIN/END buttons have been replaced by PREVIOUS/NEXT SHOT LOG EVENT commands
  • Added CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT to jump to previous and next shot log event
  • Added a brand new UI for the 3D view, more usable, and scalable
  • It is now possible to display local time via a custom offset
  • Added an option to remove objects from the 3D view context menu
  • Added an option to add object on the ground from the 3D view context menu
  • It is now possible to specify the altitude of a new object above ground level
  • When an object is manually added to the world, it is now automatically selected
  • Double clicking on dockable windows has been disabled to prevent any mistake
  • Double clicking in the 3D view now selects the object under the mouse cursor instead of switching to fullscreen
  • It is now possible to force an object to be alive from the objects list
  • Objects dead/alive status is now restored on next dead/alive event regardless of the forced state
  • You can now press SHIFT+CTRL to display mouse cursor world and bullseye coordinates
  • The playback control bar has been moved to a dockable window
  • The active object list has been moved to a dockable window
  • Added CTRL+N shortcut to deselect primary and secondary objects
  • The time slider now displays target time during a drag operation
  • Drag & drop a file on Tacview with the CTRL key will merge it with the existing telemetry
  • When opening a new file, only important objects are automatically selected instead of any other object
  • When opening a new file, the camera will now be centered on the battlefield
  • Optimized terrain custom textures loading time
  • Added support for 8-bit PNG custom tiles textures
  • SDK: Added LuaFileSystem 1.7.0
  • SDK: Added support for 32-bit in the C# SDK
  • SDK: Added more options to manipulate the camera via the SDK API
  • SDK: Added C++ API to import telemetry data files via the command line, menus and drag & drop

FIXES

• The acmi 2.x file loader was not properly handling flight events
  • Telemetry export tool was not exporting native coordinates (U, V, Heading) when available
  • Ground objects were removed from the battefield when destroyed (Tacview 1.7.3 regression)
  • Fixed crashes in C# Math.Vector API
  • Tacview.Telemetry.Get*Transform pitch was inverted and yaw was not normalized
  • Object properties edition now works as expected and supports all measurement units
  • Terrain textures cache size was too big when running 32-bit Tacview on 64-bit systems
  • It was not easy to dynamically add a SA-6 STR on the battlefield (wrong name in the database)
  • Violet objects were improperly displayed in blue in the 3D view object list
  • Mouse and keyboard focus is now set to the 3D view when switching to full screen
  • Dockable windows could be hidden under Windows taskbar
  • Cursor keys to control playback where not working in free camera mode
  • Current license will now be the most powerful product key between user and system keys
  • Invalid samples in GAE files are now more gracefully handled
  • It is now possible to add an object on top of another one from the 3D view
  • The Ka-50 3D model was twice the size it should have been

Tacview180-hormuz.jpg

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Vyrtuoz,

Thanks for the update however I kiss the active object list (pilots names in the bottom right hand corner). Id rather not have it is a separate window.

Any way we can get that back?

+1

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

Now the active objects list can be docked or floating, and transparent if desired. This is considered an improvement. For example if you are doing a debriefing you should have the option to move the active object list off the 3D view.

You should be able to place the window in the bottom right corner and add some transparency however you like it, and it will stay like that for you. Sorry for the trouble.

It was pointed out in another thread that it is no longer possible to select an object from the active objects list. This is an oversight that will be fixed in Tacview 1.8.1

Edited by BuzyBee

Now the active objects list can be docked or floating, and transparent if desired. This is considered an improvement. For example if you are doing a debriefing you should have the option to move the active object list off the 3D view.

You should be able to place the window in the bottom right corner and add some transparency however you like it, and it will stay like that for you. Sorry for the trouble.

It was pointed out in another thread that it is no longer possible to select an object from the active objects list. This is an oversight that will be fixed in Tacview 1.8.1

Thanks. Can the transparency setting only affect the window and not pilot names?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Is there a mapping somewhere in the docs between the GUI settings and the settings in the options.lua? Would help with setting up dedicated servers. For example I'm assuming "tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled" is controlled by the check box "Create one file for each network client."

Is there a mapping somewhere in the docs between the GUI settings and the settings in the options.lua? Would help with setting up dedicated servers. For example I'm assuming "tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled" is controlled by the check box "Create one file for each network client."

+1, would be extremely useful to all us dedicated servers admins. :smartass:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Hi Crimson, thank you for the data. I have been unable to reproduce this issue. I think it may be a bug in DCS World. I am sorry I am not able to give you a better answer. We are keeping your feedback and files for future reference - maybe next time we re-work the exporter it will help us to narrow down the issue.

Hello BuzyBee,

Thank for answer.

Log file, mission, and acmi file is heare:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kuiypyozmswnorb/AACMKOjMsCg7RLaUj7nK1Jlia?dl=0

Time where problem start: 2019-08-25 19:11:26.795

line 1007 in DCS log where ORION joined. But TacView report him as =LAF=Crimson

In dropbox also mission file where this problem was.

On my server i made some changes. And already some days problem do not appears.

I do not know if it helps but i change Client plane names and Group names.

I removed:

sufix _Client from Pilot name

prefix Pilot from Group name

I am glad you asked! I have listed the mapping here in our very new wiki: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/DCS_World

Question:

v.1.8.0 has removed the very useful player list dock on the bottom left. It's been replaced by another tab, which is nowhere as good as the old dock. It can't be clicked (i read it will be fixed) and it shows all units instead of players only.

Any chance we can get it back? I reverted to old version for now...

After I installed (twice) v1.8.0, I am getting a stutter every second or so after flying for a while (only takes about 10 mins, gets worse with time). If I turn recording off, no stutter. I deleted the mod/tacview files and reinstalled but still the same. Any ideas on what is causing it? I had no problem with the prior version. I have not installed the prior version again to see if it is still stutter free. thanks.

Other than its display options and the bug which will not allow players to be selected, the Active Objects List it should be behaving the same as before - it should be showing only aircraft with pilot names. If this is not the case can you please provide the acmi file and a screenshot of the list?

Question:

v.1.8.0 has removed the very useful player list dock on the bottom left. It's been replaced by another tab, which is nowhere as good as the old dock. It can't be clicked (i read it will be fixed) and it shows all units instead of players only.

Any chance we can get it back? I reverted to old version for now...

A stutter could occur if your mission is very complicated with a lot of objects; this is due to the DCS World Lua API. We have not made major changes to the exporter in years.

Can you please try with the 1.7.6 to see if you have the same stutter? You can download the 1.7.6 at the bottom of this page: https://tacview.net/support/reportbug

Can you please also share your dcs.log file and mission or trk file

Maybe there is another add-on interfering

After I installed (twice) v1.8.0, I am getting a stutter every second or so after flying for a while (only takes about 10 mins, gets worse with time). If I turn recording off, no stutter. I deleted the mod/tacview files and reinstalled but still the same. Any ideas on what is causing it? I had no problem with the prior version. I have not installed the prior version again to see if it is still stutter free. thanks.

Other than its display options and the bug which will not allow players to be selected, the Active Objects List it should be behaving the same as before - it should be showing only aircraft with pilot names. If this is not the case can you please provide the acmi file and a screenshot of the list?

Hello, i can't provide either as i reverted to the previous version.

It's possible that there was a player controlled ground unit and that was what i was seeing, i will check again after the list if fixed in a future version

Hi giullep,

Tacview should be appearing in Module Manager -> Installed and in Options->Special

If it's not there, please re-run the Tacview 1.8.0 installer. If that doesn't help, please share your dcs.log file with me so I can better understand what's happening on your end.

hi i installed the 1.8.0 version, but if i check tacview is installed (module manager) but i dont have any icon on the main menu, and no option in th eoptions page...tacview is not running...help please

• 2 weeks later...

Since a multi-player de-sync we experienced last weekend could possibly have been Tacview related, and not actually a DCS or F-16 bug, I'm posting a link to it here. Please check it out...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254481.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Hi guys, is it possible to assign axes to change the view? I got a 3D mouse recently which I would like to use for this.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Indeed, I even made a tutorial video! You can see the video and extra information here: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/Synchronized_Audio/Video_Playback

How do I get my shadow play recording to stay within the boundaries of the Media box? It looks as if the video is playing back full res behind the box because all I see is blank sky.

The sync function seems to be working however. Neat feature (if I can get my screen cap to squeeze into the box)

Thanks in advance.

Disregard: I discovered you can drop the resolution of Shadow Play recordings to a more manageable size and they fit the Media Window just fine. Very cool feature!

Edited by Emmy
Issue Resolved

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It's unlikely that Tacview could de-sync the server like that; Tacview does not write or change anything concerning the current flight/mission.

Do you have the dcs log of the server after the crash?

How do you know that Tacview crashed on the server? Do you have a screenshot of the message box or something similar?

Since a multi-player de-sync we experienced last weekend could possibly have been Tacview related, and not actually a DCS or F-16 bug, I'm posting a link to it here. Please check it out...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254481.