Siege of Zugdidi - Shadow's Dynamic War Campaign

Shadow KT

CrpFlnR.png

What is Shadow's Dynamic War Proejct ?:

- The end goal is to create something which gives fulfillment to the player, a cause ! Everything counts and team play is the only key to victory. That's why these mission will be event type, with sign-ups and specific play times.

Expect having to deal with and manage realistic factors like limited amount of airframes, resources, long turn-over times and dynamic ground war. Forget the air quake, the ground war is what matters ! Heavy use of Combined Arms will be needed. A well organised team will be structured with dedicated Commanders, Controllers, ATC and Pilots.

Hopefully, I am not alone with my vision of what MP should look like in DCS. Hope you enjoy !

What is Siege of Zugdidi ?:

- “Siege of Zugdidi” is the second big step in the development of the Dynamic War Project. The mission is a small to medium scale, player versus player, attacker/defender scenario.

What is the Scenario ?:

- After the Georgina conflicts (circa 91-93) and the separation of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the tension between the different states has been high. Russia siding with and backing up Abkhazia and South Ossetia lead to the acceptance of Georgia in NATO.

Ever since that happened, coalition forces have been conducting exercises with the Georgian military, as well as provided Air Policing for them. Currently the US has stationed four US MC F/A-18C Hornets, as well as two USAFE A-10Cs at Vaziani. Two French Army’s SA-345Ms are stationed at Sukhumi. A small platoon of M1A2s and M2A2 are also present, training with the Georgian Army’s forces.

Tensions have suddenly escalated massively as Abkhazian forces have been spotted, massing on the Abkhazian-Georgian border. Small group of all Russian vehicles have been noticed between them as well. Additionally, Su-27s (J-11 in for Su-27SMs) and Su-30s (JF-17 in for Su-30s) have been detected on approach for Gudauta. Intelligence has indicated that Ka-50s have been seen landing at Sukhumi.

The NATO forces have started planning a defense, worried about a possible, upcoming attack.

When will it happen ?:

- For now, the planned date is 9th of the May @ 1700Z, but it is a subject to change, depending on the availability of people.

How can I sign-up and where will the organization happen ?:

- On the Dynamic War Discord, where all the needed information will be given to all parties involved. You can find it here: https://discord.gg/hDpd6Wk

Is there any documentation that can be seen, describing the event more ?:

- Yes, a general documentation, available to everyone can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kNuqItwJhZFrh0uuIjMDFPiQvClzY9vh/view?usp=sharing

All, team sensitive information, will be disclosed with the team's commanders in secured channels on the Discord.

Got any more questions ? Feel free to ask here, or even better, on the Discord.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 3 weeks later...

Even tho the event was stopped prematurely, I believe it was overall positively accepted and people were happy how it unfolded and the whole process of planning it.

We had around 25 people signed up and playing, so I wanna thank everyone who took part.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days