Vought F4U-1D Presentation at VFAT 2019

Hiromachi

What plane is this shown for a brief frame at the end of the VFAT Demo???

doesn't look like the F4U

attachment.php?attachmentid=222679&stc=1&d=1575933748

That's a Zero!!!

Can't see the cannons in the wings, only the landing gear. But the engine cowling has the two machine guns and it has the birdcage canopy frame.

The cowling seem to indicate A6M2 but i'm not 100% sure. I hope i'm wrong and it's a A6M5 as it's a better opponent for the Corsair.

Great looking model by the way! :thumbup:

On the contrary. Bulged cowling all around indicates late version, so do the wingtips and ailerons. Glimpses of upper exhaust stacks are dead giveaway. It's an A6M5 allright.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It's A6M5 model 52. Wing cannons are missing since they aren't modelled yet. A6M5 carried two Type 99 Mod 4 20mm cannons with 100 rounds per gun (or 125 in case of belt fed version in A6M5 model 52a variant).

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Updated first post

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Found it !!!!! day one video the corsair is at 10:46 with 12:16 left to video.

Made ya look...... keep going, its worth seeing the video

So now Im confused if Leatherneck started this and Magnitude 3 took it over ?
CT they are the same company Leatherneck changed to Magnitude after the split from Heatblur a few years back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

It's A6M5 model 52. Wing cannons are missing since they aren't modelled yet. A6M5 carried two Type 99 Mod 4 20mm cannons with 100 rounds per gun (or 125 in case of belt fed version in A6M5 model 52a variant).

Same model you photographed during your holidays?

I managed to take picture of three Zeros. Two A6M5s and one A6M7.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Well as a long time corsair fan and someone that ran VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers" in Ace's High 2 for years and loved flying the F4U in all its variants I can honestly say I will be waiting with baited breath to fly this in DCS.

• Like 1

Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ

A-10C_UserBar_04.gif.632b6636b377c44d7dc562f85b269d2b.gif

rather try to release them as complete as possible

Very good and reassuring :thumbup: And it's great we'll get a ground strike capable late model as well. A great addition to those Korea-type missions! Waiting eagerly... ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

With the Corsair and carrier coming out, they should continue on with the Korean era aircraft. I would love to see the Bridges at Toko Ri brought to DCS. It would be outstanding to see the Grumman F9F Panther, Douglas AD-1 Skyraider, and Sikorsky H5 enter our expanding Navy fleet. I highly recommend watching the above movie if not scene yet. Great footage.

A Korean War theater would have needed the F4U-4s and -5s versions of the Corsair. Not to mention all the associated Russian, Chinese, North Korean, and American Ai assets. I think they are going to have enough work in their hands putting the Pacific Theater into play for the -1 Corsair and A6M5 Zero in the works.

Now if we are really talking wishlists here why not an F4U-4E or -4N night fighter with the 4 20MMs? Now that would be an interesting first for DCS having our first propeller driven night fighter! Lol

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, develops hurry up my wallet is ready :):):)

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

:D:D My wallet is ready too!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals