DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Nimitz is released they kept the old one so it wouldn't break missions it's already ''replaced'' though, deck crews wip, Nimitz carrier module wip, Kuznetsov wip.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

We see new Kuznetsov only in new module promo videos for a long time :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm wondering how they're going to handle the parking on the flight deck & hangar, after seeing how big the Tomcat is and how much space it takes up. They might have to allow object clipping.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Alert 5 podcast with Wags.

Since those were in the talks quite a while ago and already teased in some trailers, what's the status on the updated aircraft carriers for DCS? The current ones are getting quite old compared to the aircraft visuals.

Wags was talking about this in the podcast. He mentioned that the Carrier module is coming together nicely and said it will include animated deck crew. Interestingly he also mentioned that the new Kuznetsov will follow the carrier module and he also said they are excited to see that in the not so distant future.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Wags was talking about this in the podcast. He mentioned that the Carrier module is coming together nicely and said it will include animated deck crew. Interestingly he also mentioned that the new Kuznetsov will follow the carrier module and he also said they are excited to see that in the not so distant future.

Cool stuff! Hope to see it soon.

It's also been said that the new Kuznetsov won't be seen until MAC, as well. Which we haven't heard much about at all since the magazine interview a couple of months ago.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

MAC, being a separate product, does not impact DCS feature releases as long as there is another team doing it. Although if the Kuz team is busy with MAC then the above could be true as well.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

MAC, being a separate product, does not impact DCS feature releases as long as there is another team doing it. Although if the Kuz team is busy with MAC then the above could be true as well.

It's been stated here recently by the Powers That Be that the Kuznetsov wouldn't be finished until after the new US carrier, a frigate I believe and THEN the Kuznetsov. Of course, subject to change when they get another whim to work on something else.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

While all this conjecture is fine... it would be nice to get a progress report from ED.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It's not conjecture. The last time they mentioned it, just a month or two ago they said they were in early stages (ie it will be a year ir two before you see it, as with every module) on the Nimitz and the Kuznetsov was indefinitely postponed while they worked on higher priority stuff. Translation there's nothing to report, ''we wrote some more code today... yesterday we wrote code... tomorrow we'll write some more.. after two weeks the elevators finally work again!''

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Thanks, Wags.

A question I'll be curious about going forward is how this will be implemented in online multiplayer. For example, both me and a friend have the Hornet but only I have the carrier ops module. Will my friend still be able to do basic interactions, just not see the deck crew, etc, etc? Or are they gated from it somehow?

Although, getting this module is a no-brainer if you have a Naval aircraft. You're probably not gonna be seeing too many without it.

We should have a news update on the new Nimtiz-class CVN in April 2019.

As mentioned, all ship work is on this project. After that, we will return to the Kuz and Burke.

Thanks

Great stuff man! Considering the Kuz is in maintenance for a long period of time right now that's all good. The US Carriers in DCS have a lot more airframes that "rely" on them. :thumbup:

Nimitz class Carrier

Hey to all

I just read the amazing news about the upcoming, Nimitz Class, aircraft carrier and I just want to ask if this would be payable or free! I also want to ask if there are available photos of this..

Thnx!

What would you control on the carrier module?

I'm excited about the carrier/ship module, but I'm confused about what ED is shooting for. Is this going to be some sort of multi crew mod where a few people will perform sailing/combat duties that IRL requires hundreds of crew members a la "dangerous waters" style? Is it just mostly hanger/ animated elevator and deck crew/ briefing room? This mainly for the benefit of MP?

I wonder a bit if the new carrier will be avaliable for everyone to land on but where people who pay for the module would have more detail, and though who did not at least can land and taxi arround like the carrier today.

With other words 1 simple model for free

and if you have the paied dlc then you get all the extra stuff.

What do you guys think ?

Dear delevero

This sounds fair enough and attractive as well for us but... maybe could be unfair for all the developers that have pay time and attention to the project. Ideally, would be great if it was for free for all but I personally prefer to pay and enjoy a fully developed module such as a Nimitz Carrier, rather than to take the free option. That's my point of view.

Personally i think that this should be similar to every module. as a not owning player we should see, interact, and use everything the carrier has to offer. full quality textures and all animations. we should be able to spawn in the hanger and be transported to the deck all without issue.

For the players who purchased the ship i think they should be offered the positions of lso, captain, and the cat operator. to name a few.

Without something along these lines the carrier will be largely useless as its primary focus is aircraft. It would be something that would have an empty deck just driving around in the ocean while players used the nearby carriers that they are segregated to. If it were to be an exclusive thing then they would have been better off making a cruiser or destroyer so that it could actually be crewed fully and server as a complete combat effective vessel.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |