Cougar MFD changing values

CypherS

It seems that every once in a while one of my three cougar MFDs changes position with the other.

I have one F16MFD1 and 2 F16MFD2 , the last two switch roles from time to time. Is there a fix for this?

I've tried changing their name but they share the same HID

Have you updated the drivers and selected the last one to assign its own ID? If I understand correctly, you have a total 3 MFDs, and one of them mirrors another. If that is the case, update the drivers and load the controller profile settings.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Have you updated the drivers and selected the last one to assign its own ID? If I understand correctly, you have a total 3 MFDs, and one of them mirrors another. If that is the case, update the drivers and load the controller profile settings.

Not exactly. I have 3 and sometimes 2 of them reverse roles. One of them is the left mfd and the other is ampcd (those are both mfd2 according to driver names) so what happens is that sometimes I launch the game and I find the left mfd buttons actually controlling the ampcd and vice versa. I have to flip the names in the config files to get it to work again.

Not exactly. I have 3 and sometimes 2 of them reverse roles. One of them is the left mfd and the other is ampcd (those are both mfd2 according to driver names) so what happens is that sometimes I launch the game and I find the left mfd buttons actually controlling the ampcd and vice versa. I have to flip the names in the config files to get it to work again.

Up date your drivers, you need to tell the software that the AMPCD is MFD3 not MFD2 with the windows controller settings.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Up date your drivers, you need to tell the software that the AMPCD is MFD3 not MFD2 with the windows controller settings.

I'm not sure I understand.

I've downloaded and installed the drivers but I do not see a place to change the name in the controller settings.. it just shows which buttons are being pressed.

Edit: I restarted my pc and it showed up. Thank you!!

Edited by CypherS

• 9 months later...
I'm not sure I understand.

I've downloaded and installed the drivers but I do not see a place to change the name in the controller settings.. it just shows which buttons are being pressed.

Edit: I restarted my pc and it showed up. Thank you!!

sorry to necro this thread but...

stuck in this space at the moment and have tried all the avaiable settings I could to date.

I have MFD 1 MFD 1 and MFD 2 and I'm buggered if I can figure out how to get this to change.

so downloaded and installed the newest drivers from Thrustmaster though its disconcerting to see it listed as a FFB driver package..but I guess they have rolled up driver support together.... :cry:

I've rebooted and tried different install options... from disabling through to installation with them off rebooting ...then turning them on ... nothing... the drivers still show as microsoft blah blah...

TARGET ( man I hate having installed ANOTHER piece of software to manage this stuff) - shows no difference- Mfd 1 ,1 , 2

based on previous replies @panther..."is MFD3 not MFD2 with the windows controller settings." I was trying to follow the advice that windows device settings needs to be updated- but its all hard coded ie no update available....:mad::doh::joystick:

any ideas ? pointers or otherwise interesting comments - about MFD's please :helpsmilie:

Right click the MFD in devices, bring up the controller settings. With the latest driver installed, and after a reboot, the option is available to assign different IDs to the MFD. You will need to select the next available number if you have more than two already installed.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Right click the MFD in devices, bring up the controller settings. With the latest driver installed, and after a reboot, the option is available to assign different IDs to the MFD. You will need to select the next available number if you have more than two already installed.

thanks fr coming back panther..

ok.. went into control panel\devices and printers. I have 3 MFD;s listed....

I have tried to update the drivers from the thrustmaster site previously but could not see a difference when I interrogated device maanger etc... they are still isted as Microsoft drivers,,, the driver is referenced as 2018_FFD_2.exe ..using 7zip I tried to see if there was a driver file located within but alas ...no....alas not that I could find.:music_whistling:

of course Ive right clicked on the icon...

anyway some screen shots to ensure I'm looking the right direction... https://imgur.com/gallery/EgiL1HQ

EgiL1HQ

I'm feeling the driver issue is the root of this...

I've rebooted the oc after re-install of driver above...

is this the same driver you are referencing ?

Are you opening the properties of the MFD in the Game Controller Settings, that you want to change the ID on? I made this quick video to show the steps, it should also help everyone else who has this same problem.

• Like 2

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok... uninstalled... restarted with cougars disconnected ... ran the drviers file again with the cougars off... then switched them on when prompted... TADA!! it worked

oh yeah also ran the drivers file as administrator so thing now worked correctly... hope this helps someone.

thanks panther- got me focused on the right place.

• Thanks 1