Air-to-Ground Radar modes

Diac

Hi,

The last thing we heard about air-to-ground radar modes was in a hornet mini-update dated 12-18-2019.

In this mini-update Wags stated that:

"In February, much of our air-to-air radar development will shift to air-to-ground radar development. This will use the air-to-ground radar API that is already being used by 3rd party developers."

I was just wondering if there is any news on this? Can we expect to see any AG radar action any time soon?

And I know, "it's ready when it's ready", but I'm just extremely excited about getting a functional AG radar... :joystick:

No news. A-G radar will come later this year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mr Wagner also mentioned the air to ground radar while answering a related question in the YouTube supercarrier launch operation video.

It seems the AG radar for the Hornet is receiving priority.

Wagner's exact words 4 days ago on youtube

"More work for the TGP and AG radar are next for the Hornet. Thanks."

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Mr Wagner also mentioned the air to ground radar while answering a related question in the YouTube supercarrier launch operation video.

Thanks!

"More for TGP"...litening has been completed, so that may mean we will get ATFLIR soon. That would be great.

The litening is by no means completed, there is many functionalities missing. Air to air mode is the most obvius one, but also the display of coordinates in the air to ground mode.

Where is that comment?

The problems with 2.56 has slowed down a lot of other development.

Be patient.

this

even we have ag radar now, it would be part of the slide show

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

In one of the many comments responding to questions in carrier launch op video on YouTube.

Attached is a snapshot of the conversation. 5490ffeefa02db1d5870886a93592746.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• ED Team
Yes in today`s Hornet mini updates they said that its working on TGP and AG radar. But I was wondering is that TGP ATFLIR? It will be great If we get it soon...

Hi

There are several AG components we still need to add, and all of the AA mode.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also, what happened to the DLZ for JDAM's and the data cartridge?

Thanks

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hi,

AG radar is great bu we really need to get the INS & Nav fleshed out - markpoints, offsets, INS drift/fix, etc. That's really the avionics foundations, I don't understand how we are still missing those

This^ Those IMHO should have come way before a lot of the weapons we have now. Even with markpoints the Hornet experience would be a totally different one than today's.

Stay safe

Hi,

AG radar is great bu we really need to get the INS & Nav fleshed out - markpoints, offsets, INS drift/fix, etc. That's really the avionics foundations, I don't understand how we are still missing those

And:

Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED)

Controlled Image Base (CID)

Selection of map position source.

Position updating.

Deselection of GPS

GPS Encryption/Secure mode

ACL (reported to be coming with the SuperCarrier)

CV Align (Manual, Radio RF, Cable CBL) (likely requires SuperCarrier)

Ground Align (a real one)

In flight alignment (GPS and Radar)

Aided INS (Via GPS)

INS BIT/Check

Stored Heading Align

Alignment Failure

INS Gyro Recovery

GPS Waypoints

UTM entry

INS post flight update procedures.

Don't forget those!:pilotfly::smartass:

Edited by randomTOTEN

And:

Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED)

Controlled Image Base (CID)

Selection of map position source.

Position updating.

Deselection of GPS

GPS Encryption/Secure mode

ACL (reported to be coming with the SuperCarrier)

CV Align (Manual, Radio RF, Cable CBL) (likely requires SuperCarrier)

Ground Align (a real one)

In flight alignment (GPS and Radar)

Aided INS (Via GPS)

INS BIT/Check

Stored Heading Align

Alignment Failure

INS AHRS mode

INS Gyro Recovery

GPS Waypoints

UTM entry

INS post flight update procedures.

Don't forget those!:pilotfly::smartass:

Right now the whole Hornet is in game mode, nothing is simulated in terms of complete cross system interface. In time, and when ED feels it is time, they will start simulating systems like in other aircraft.

Stay safe

Right now the whole Hornet is in game mode, nothing is simulated in terms of complete cross system interface. In time, and when ED feels it is time, they will start simulating systems like in other aircraft.

If they wait too long... someone might pull ahead (the "other").

Now that's just a ridiculous statement. It already has so much, and has more than doubled in complexity since it first released into Early Access

nonsense