MiG-19P Navigation: The ARK-5 ADF

Zeus67

What’s wrong with AG sights?

They are too coarse when controlled through key commands, they only work finer when using the mouse .. taking the hand out of the stick to adjust them is hard, if the keybinds worked properly I could then control the dials using the Hotas. Problem reported here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242229

No acknowledgement from the developer, so, not much hope that it will be fixed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don’t understand people on this one. Ok yes they need to look at the dial rotation again, it Doesn’t work as it should yada yada however.

1st off your talking about an NDB navigational aid in a sim with 4 maps....

The provided campaign makes extensive use of NDB navigation. So this becomes an (for me super annoying) issue pretty soon in the very first mission.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

... it’s a problem but HARDLY game breaking lol i didn’t buy the MiG-19P for the wonderful Soviet ARK-5 system...I bought it for the two thirty millimeter guns and its massive engines...but that’s me, they work fine.

Good for you.

I bought the MiG-19 (in a sale) as a simpler aircraft to complement the more complex A-10C I was revisiting at the time.

I'm familiar with NDB navigation from the MiG-21, F-86, L-39, etc. but found the MiG-19's ARK-5 so frustrating I put it aside and haven't picked it up since.

Having checked the MiG-15's ARK-5 operation, I'm not likely to touch the MiG-19 until it's improved and am now apprehensive about purchasing the MiG-23.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I'm not likely to touch the MiG-19 until it's improved and am now apprehensive about purchasing the MiG-23.

+1 and it is sad, because the few Cold War aircrafts that we currently have, are my favorite subject on DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I understand that an aircraft can have bugs ... what I don't understand is a developer that can ignore the bugs for over 9 months ... specially easy bugs, how hard can it be to fix a knob and a dial?

On the MiG-19 it is the only navaid it has, so seeing what other aircrafts have is little consolation.

I bet you fly VFR missions only, no clouds or rain, and never go farther than 50 nm from your base ... sorry, but that makes for a fairly boring mission.

Seems you don’t do bombing then either, just air-air gun fights.

I’m all for fixing bugs too, but someone a few posts back said they stopped playing because of it...that’s pretty dramatic. Seems like a pretty silly thing to let ruin your ENTIRE experience.

What I’m saying is you don’t need it because it’s a short range interceptor, and no I don’t “bomb” with it. It’s a short range interceptor. Flew in a thunderstorm last night, didn’t need to touch ARK, I preset it ahead of time, I plan out all my missions. Especially in the MiG-19P

Because it’s a short range interceptor. ;) Air-air gun fights is literally what it was built for.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

A good routine to check if a module is basically ok: start cold and dark, perform full checks and startup using the manual from the real thing. Then fly a circuit around your airfield under IFR using IRL procedures. If something is off it is OK to raise flags and politely and constructively demand improvements, because the level of quality set by DCS makes it legitimate. Saying "nah it still flies" or "this switch is buggy its the end of the world im gonna die" is equally bad for the sim and the community.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I’m all for fixing bugs too, but someone a few posts back said they stopped playing because of it...that’s pretty dramatic.

I actually believed at the time that I would just store the aircraft for a while until Razbam addressed my Bug reports, I'm fortunate to own so many modules that it wasnt hard to start flying another aircraft on the meantime.

I never imagined that 9 months later I would still be waiting for Razbam ... so, what is really dramatic is how Razbam is able to ignore its customers for so long .. have you seen on the Changelog when was the last time that the MiG-19 received any attention?

Good for you that you enjoy the plane as it is, but I actually need a bit more in order to really enjoy it ... and I actually liked the aircraft and gave it a very honest try, producing a Hotas Profile, Kneeboard Procedures and some practice missions for it, before deciding to store her.

Edited by Rudel_chw